The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Ridin' those rides and Trekking thru Africa, a Solo TR! FINAL UPDATE 10/28 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2881673)

PhoenixStrength 02-21-2012 02:03 PM

Ridin' those rides and Trekking thru Africa, a Solo TR! FINAL UPDATE 10/28

Hi all! :wave2: :welcome: For those of you who didn't read my PTR, I'll tell you a little about myself. :goodvibes

I'm a 27, almost 28, year old single gal from Maryland.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/...nn1984/Me2.jpg

I am, somewhat obviously, a Disney freak! princess: I have always loved everything Disney, and this trip was my 5th trip to WDW, and the second solo trip. I have a dog, Phoenix, who is a 7 year old Beagle/Belgian Malinois mix, and 4 cats: Jag, Turk, Sweetie and Jynx. I have two younger sisters and my parents are still married. We all love Disney. One of my sisters, Heather, got married last year to her boyfriend of 5 years, Jimmy. He is not as much of a Disney freak and has never been to WDW. :eek: But he tolerates Heather's love of Disney. :laughing:

I volunteer a lot with animal rescues and my job is actually animal related too. I am the Office Manager of a pet sitting company here in Maryland, and have enjoyed this job for almost 4 years now. It's a great mix of working with people and animals that works well for me.

Well, enough blabbering about me. If you have any questions please ask, otherwise let's get this TR under way! :woohoo:

PhoenixStrength 02-21-2012 02:10 PM

Chapter Links

Arrival Day, Parts 1-4

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

KatMark 02-21-2012 02:37 PM

Am I first?????? :goodvibes

mickeystoontown 02-21-2012 02:39 PM

Wooooooo Hoooooo! Ready for the ride and the trek!

PhoenixStrength 02-21-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatMark (Post 44095388)
Am I first?????? :goodvibes

Yes you are Kathy! Thanks for joining me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeystoontown (Post 44095406)
Wooooooo Hoooooo! Ready for the ride and the trek!

Hi Lisa! Glad you are here :goodvibes

jenbear123 02-21-2012 07:13 PM

I am so in! Just got back myself from a semi-solo trip. I look forward to hearing about your trip :goodvibes

PhoenixStrength 02-21-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenbear123 (Post 44098076)
I am so in! Just got back myself from a semi-solo trip. I look forward to hearing about your trip :goodvibes

:welcome: Glad you are here, and that just got back from the World yourself!

PhoenixStrength 02-21-2012 08:36 PM

Quick real like update:

I have not had a good last 2 weeks, with the exception of the trip. One of my friends (for those that read my PTR, Cathy that I saw in Utah, one of the older ladies) has been battling ovarian cancer for years. She goes in remission for a few months and then it comes back. It just came back again last summer and she was finally approved last month for a trial that should work great for her. Unfortunately last week she started feeling bad and went in the hospital. They found a tumor around her rectum that was cutting off part of the intestines. She had to have that section of intestine removed yesterday and came out of the surgery okay. Then today her blood pressure dropped drastically and she had to get 2 units of blood transfused. She is doing better again now, but I would appreciate any prayers, good thoughts, whatever you believe in for her. She is a fighter and her husband Mike and sons are fighting with her at her side. She lives in California and I'm just getting updates from her husband via email and Facebook.

Then, another person I know (we aren't really close, but have a mutual good friend and are friendly with each other) got a call on Sunday that her husband, who was in Vegas for a work convention, had been in a severe car accident. He is still in ICU and has had several surgeries and will need 2-3 more, but he is stable now and is expected to recover fully, though it may take a while. His name is Miles, if you could keep him in your thoughts too. His wife is Pamela.

Then today, about 5 minutes after coming home from work, one of my cats, Jynx, started crying and when she stood up there was a pool of blood under where she had been sitting. Turns out (don't read if you are too squeamish) that one of her anal glands ruptured and she has a hole about the size of a dime now on her rear, right of her anus. I rushed her to the vet where they shaved the area and cleaned the wound out. She is now on pain meds (she hurts so bad she can barely move her back legs) and an antibiotic and will be fine in about a week.

So, thanks to that experience tonight I'm not going to get the first trip post up until tomorrow. I have a ton to do still before bed since I spent 2 hours at the vet (they were packed and were trying to squeeze me in).

I'm hoping that nothing else happens. They say bad things come in 3s, so maybe that will be it!

Anyway, I hope this week goes well for everyone, and I will be back tomorrow with the first update :goodvibes

KatMark 02-21-2012 09:54 PM

Oh, sweetie, it hs been a rough one. Of course, I am sending many prayers to your friends and their families to get them through these difficult times and prayer sfor full and speedy recoveries.

And I also send prayers for your poor kitty...I hope she feels much better soon.

And, for you, I send a :hug:

Nermel9 02-22-2012 05:11 AM

I'm in, I love solo TR's, I hope to do a solo trip someday! When I'm brave enough! :rotfl:

I'm sorry you have been having such a rough couple of weeks, I hope everyone starts feeling better soon! :goodvibes

PhoenixStrength 02-22-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatMark (Post 44099665)
Oh, sweetie, it hs been a rough one. Of course, I am sending many prayers to your friends and their families to get them through these difficult times and prayer sfor full and speedy recoveries.

And I also send prayers for your poor kitty...I hope she feels much better soon.

And, for you, I send a :hug:

Thank you so much Kathy! My friend Cathy is feeling much better this morning and has been able to keep some juice and small amounts of food down, which is the first food she has eaten in over a week. Thanks for the prayers!

Jynx is feeling better this morning too. She was spunky enough to give me trouble trying to give her the meds!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nermel9 (Post 44100693)
I'm in, I love solo TR's, I hope to do a solo trip someday! When I'm brave enough! :rotfl:

I'm sorry you have been having such a rough couple of weeks, I hope everyone starts feeling better soon! :goodvibes

:welcome: Glad you are joining in! Disney is a great place to do a solo trip since it very safe and if you do feel lonely the CMs and other guests are usually very friendly and easy to talk to.

And thank you! Seems like everyone is feeling better this morning, so it's looking up so far. :goodvibes

mickeystoontown 02-22-2012 09:10 AM

Well, you know that I am a firm believer in the power of prayer so I'll keep your friends, Jynx and you in my prayers.

PhoenixStrength 02-22-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeystoontown (Post 44102288)
Well, you know that I am a firm believer in the power of prayer so I'll keep your friends, Jynx and you in my prayers.

Thanks Lisa! Cathy is feeling better this morning and was just able to email us from her IPad from the hospital. Miles found out yesterday that one of the issues they thought he had is actually something different, which is much less serious than what they thought he had, and Jynx was feeling better this morning. So the prayers are definitely helping. I know they would all appreciate them to keep coming! :hug:

jenbear123 02-22-2012 10:07 AM

I completely understand how you must be feeling. It seems that when one bad thing happens, everything else starts crumbling around you. Recently, I just moved in with my DBF right around Christmas so big new financial responsibilities. Then my car brakes needed to be fixed, then my dog got fleas and we had to clean the entire house, then not a month later, I discovered blood in my dogs urine. Took her to the vet to find she has a bladder stone and might need surgery. These things definitely come in threes! I know it's not the same as a family member being in distress but it's stressful nonetheless. You're not alone in this :hug:

PhoenixStrength 02-22-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenbear123 (Post 44102887)
I completely understand how you must be feeling. It seems that when one bad thing happens, everything else starts crumbling around you. Recently, I just moved in with my DBF right around Christmas so big new financial responsibilities. Then my car brakes needed to be fixed, then my dog got fleas and we had to clean the entire house, then not a month later, I discovered blood in my dogs urine. Took her to the vet to find she has a bladder stone and might need surgery. These things definitely come in threes! I know it's not the same as a family member being in distress but it's stressful nonetheless. You're not alone in this :hug:

Sorry you have been going through so much too! Isn't right when you least have the money to spend that something goes wrong? Thanks for the support! :hug: