The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Grand floridian teddy bear lady (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2872554)

pinnocchiosdad 02-04-2012 08:10 AM

Grand floridian teddy bear lady
 
Some of you may know who I am talking about. I haven't seen her in over a year. Is the Teddy bear lady still enjoying music in the lobby nightly? Any sightings? If so what days and at what time. I am there in a few weeks and wanted to say hello.

FutureMrs.B 02-04-2012 09:51 AM

We were there in September and December and we saw her both times. We saw her only on the weekends though, not sure if we just missed her during the week. From what I remember she was there during the day time as well as in the evenings. Enjoy your trip!

Jungle Cruiser 02-04-2012 10:00 AM

We were there a few weeks ago and she was there! :goodvibes

Deb & Bill 02-04-2012 10:01 AM

Why not just leave the lady alone? She's not a Disney character.

Amy&Dan 02-04-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 43929092)
Why not just leave the lady alone? She's not a Disney character.

She actually enjoys chatting with other guests. I got to say hi to her with some friends of ours that stay there every year. They love her and she's very nice. She knows the staff and many of the regular guests.

If she didn't want to chat, I iimagine she would not sit there day after day with the Teddy Bears. She's hardly making herself anonymous!

Both times I have seen her, its been in the afternoons. She's a sweetheart.

wiserabbit 02-04-2012 03:46 PM

We asked one of the CMs and they did tell us she enjoys the "company" of being there - and doesn't mind chatting with others.....the back story is so bitter-sweet - :lovestruc about she and her husband being regulars and then after after he passed away - she has someone bring her to just be in the same place she and he loved so much......

starrysky 02-04-2012 03:52 PM

There was a thread posted about this lady by one of her relatives. Maybe someone can find and repost.
She sounds like a lovely person and if I get the chance to see her in the Grand Floridian I would say hello.

I think its lovely that this lady has found a place that makes her so happy.

Amy&Dan 02-04-2012 04:01 PM

Yes, our friends learned of her bittersweet story from a good friend of theirs who has been a bellman at the GF for many years. She does enjoy the company, and its not as if she has a line of people bugging her. I think the contact she gets from other GF lovers is probably good for her.

The staff all love her and if she was a recluse who frowned on interaction, they likey wouldn't let her hang out there so often.

DisneyFan32WI 02-04-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 43929092)
Why not just leave the lady alone? She's not a Disney character.

:thumbsup2

They probably bring their autograph books along...

Sammie 02-04-2012 04:37 PM

If you are staying at the Grand Floridian and she is in the lobby and you just happen to be there at the same time, is quite different than trying to plan to be there to see her.

As Deb said she is not an attraction.

YankeePrincess 02-04-2012 04:51 PM

People make her sound like big foot. :lmao::lmao: Any sightings??

OllieDannyandMe 02-04-2012 05:08 PM

I don't believe I have seen the Teddy Bear Lady at the Grand Floridian, although I have read posts about her for the last several years.

When we were at the Grand Floridian in December of 2008, I did see an elderly woman with a newborn baby in her arms. At the time, we were waiting for my daughter's Tea Party with Alice in Wonderland to conclude, so we were in the lobby for over an hour. I looked at the elderly woman with the newborn a few times, because it was such an unusual sight. And then, she approached me, and asked me if I wanted to buy her baby doll. As it turns out, it was a doll, and it looked exactly like a live newborn, especially from a distance.

The elderly woman and another middle aged woman sat down next to me and showed me a doll brochure. I quickly made an excuse to leave, because it just didn't feel right. The situation was too odd for me. I have often wondered if that was the Teddy Bear Lady, but I always discount that possibility. No one else has ever seen her trying to sell dolls in the lobby, right? It must just be some strange coincidence.

mlittig 02-04-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OllieDannyandMe (Post 43932746)
I don't believe I have seen the Teddy Bear Lady at the Grand Floridian, although I have read posts about her for the last several years.

When we were at the Grand Floridian in December of 2008, I did see an elderly woman with a newborn baby in her arms. At the time, we were waiting for my daughter's Tea Party with Alice in Wonderland to conclude, so we were in the lobby for over an hour. I looked at the elderly woman with the newborn a few times, because it was such an unusual sight. And then, she approached me, and asked me if I wanted to buy her baby doll. As it turns out, it was a doll, and it looked exactly like a live newborn, especially from a distance.

The elderly woman and another middle aged woman sat down next to me and showed me a doll brochure. I quickly made an excuse to leave, because it just didn't feel right. The situation was too odd for me. I have often wondered if that was the Teddy Bear Lady, but I always discount that possibility. No one else has ever seen her trying to sell dolls in the lobby, right? It must just be some strange coincidence.

That is not the Teddy Bear Lady ~ she had Teddy Bears only and does not try to sell anything :goodvibes

mlittig 02-04-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starrysky (Post 43932018)
There was a thread posted about this lady by one of her relatives. Maybe someone can find and repost.
She sounds like a lovely person and if I get the chance to see her in the Grand Floridian I would say hello.

I think its lovely that this lady has found a place that makes her so happy.

That thread was written by her sister :) Here is the link about Lynn, the Teddy Bear lady:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2040919

I have had the pleasure of talking with Lynn and she is the sweetest lady who hurts no one :yay:

Cibahwewah 02-05-2012 07:19 AM

Didn't see the teddy bear lady last week, but when we went to the lobby on Saturday evening to enjoy the music, there was a family with their Chik-Fil-A food all spread out across a coffee table right by the piano! So there they were, chewing their chicken nuggets and licking the french fry grease and ketchup off their fingers while a gentleman in a tuxedo was playing the grand piano only a few feet away! How supremely tacky!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.