The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Bill and Tracy’s Kinda Excellent Adventure 5/7 M & M Day 2 Cinderella Castle Suite (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2863691)

mrsksomeday 01-18-2012 08:22 PM

Bill and Tracy’s Kinda Excellent Adventure 5/7 M & M Day 2 Cinderella Castle Suite
 
Chapter Links


And we're off...

Dine with an Imagineer & meeting a Focker

Storytelling around the World

DHS entertainment!!

Epcot we have a problem

Split stay Pop here we come

To MVMCP or to not MVMCP??


Tracy’s Birthday Extravaganza!! Part 1

Tracy's Birthday Extravaganza!! Part 2

Tracy's Birthday Extravaganza!! Part 3

Epcot again?

Magic & Merriment 2011 Day 1 pt 1

Magic & Merriment 2011 Day 1 Pt. 2

Magic & Merriment 2011 Day 2 pt. 1

Magic & Merriment 2011 Day 2 pt. 2

Magic & Merriment 2011 Day 2 pt. 3

mrsksomeday 01-18-2012 08:29 PM

And we're off....
 
Hello again and welcome to our trip report!! For those of you who know us thanks for being here and welcome back and for those of you who don’t know us here are the details:

WHO:

Tracy and Bill, we been together over 7 years. He has Cerebral Palsy and uses a power wheelchair. He has 3 college degrees and a Masters. He is a web designer. I am an overweight (super “pooh” sized) worry wart that is obsessed with all things Disney. Here we are on our favorite ride:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...6094cd57_z.jpg

WHAT:

10th WDW trip since February 2006.

WHEN:

December 1st – December 13th.

Our adventure was lengthy but I am not dragging out the report. We have two trips to WDW planned: May for Flower and Garden and Star Wars Weekend and one up in the air, we aren’t sure when we are going this fall/winter.

Did I take notes… No.

Did I take as many pictures as previous trips… No.

Did we have a great time… Yes!

Nov. 30th, 2011: We always drive to the city we are flying out of the day before the trip and spend the night, but on this night we almost didn’t make it. I had been sick this fall and was also having an issue with my right lower leg, we had debated cancelling the trip several times. We didn’t get to St. Louis until late in the evening, neither one of us slept well that night.

Dec. 1st, 2011: We crawled out of bed and took the airport shuttle to the SouthWest terminal. We were taking the first flight out on a Thursday so the lines weren’t too bad. We were both so tired. I was still thinking that maybe I had made a mistake and we should have stayed at home. We both slept on the flight. I just had no energy this day, it went beyond being slow because of my weight. We took the little monorail and I asked if we could sit for a minute because I still had a cold and couldn’t breathe very well even though I was taking a pharmacy of medications.

As we sat there, we were people watching. People looking for the elevators for the Magical Express, children with Disney stuffed animals with their families on the way home. Then someone caught my eye, I looked at Bill, he looked at me, we had seen the same person, Chaz Bono was standing there looking around. I said to Bill “is that who I think it is?” Bill shook his head yes. I said “are you sure?” He said “yes”. Airports seem to be the place for us to see celebrities. We went towards him and I said “are you Chaz Bono?” He smiled that great smile and said “yes”. We said we had watched him on Dancing with the Stars and the documentaries on the OWN channel. He was very nice and personable. I didn’t ask for a picture because I didn’t want to bring a lot of attention to him. Bill loves to get pictures with people but we do it in an environment of an autograph session. Chaz like Richie McDonald of Lonestar that we meet last year was minding his own business just flying out of the airport. After that we made our way to the Magical Express.

It was so odd saying that we were staying at the Boardwalk Villas, we had stayed at Pop Century numerous times, but this time we had decided to rent DVC points from David’s Vacation Club Rentals. It would be my first time at a Deluxe.

Here is our experience with renting points: When you rent from David’s, you pay a refundable fee to see if they have points available for you to stay where you requested. If points are available that fee is subtracted from the total cost that is due right then. If no points are available you are refunded your fee. There were numerous emails involved. After you agree, you and the Member send emails to David’s confirming the reservation. David’s gives you the reservation number which you can look up on the DVC site. You can add dining, which we did. When I called to book ADR’s (you can’t do them online at 180 days + 10 online when you rent points) it took the Cast Member a little bit to find my reservation even with the reservation number. It made me feel a bit uneasy, I don’t like it when I don’t have total control over our plans.

Then the Candlelight Processional narrators list came out, I was on the phone the morning you could book, the Cast Member mentioned someone else’s name besides the member associated with our reservation. She said our name was there too, I immediately emailed the rental company and they looked into it and emailed me back. Apparently the member had booked our stay and another renters stay on the some phone call. Our dates were the same, both staying at Boardwalk Villas, so they had linked our reservations somehow. I was told everything was corrected and our reservation number would stay the same, the other renters got a new reservation number.

Fast forward to us walking into the Boardwalk, it was so pretty there. We were greeted before we walked into the lobby, asked about our stay and when I said DVC we were escorted to the DVC check in desk. I had a print out of our email about the mix up, our reservation number, the members name etc. The Boardwalk CM could NOT find our reservation. He excused himself and went to get a manager, the manager couldn’t find our reservation. The manager said they couldn’t talk to member services because I was not the person that owned the points. At this time I was starting to get upset, had I messed up our entire trip by suggesting we rent points? What do you mean you can’t find our reservation, I can pull it up on my phone on the member site? I told the CM that I would be calling the rental company and excused myself from the front desk.

I was looking for a place to sit and saw this:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMAG0272.jpg

I didn’t remember seeing this last year so in the middle of all this mess I snapped a cell phone picture. I called David’s Vacation Club Rentals and she said she would contact the member immediately. Some back and forth phone calls happened and come to find out the Cast Member who had taken the reservation from the member had assumed we were traveling with the other renters and made the primary people on the reservation and Bill and I were secondary people. They got it straightened out in member services and the person from David’s called me back to say it was corrected. I went back to the front desk, as the Boardwalk CM was looking up the reservation again my cell rang, it was David the owner of David’s Vacation Club Rentals calling to make sure everything was corrected. He apologized many times and when I told him everything was ok he told me to call if there were any more issues. Their customer service was all over it when they were informed of the issue. They were professional and got the issue taken care of very quickly.

We had asked for a high floor, close to an elevator. We had a “normal” room, no accessible rooms were available. We took the elevator up to the 5th floor went down a hallway to the 3rd door on the left. We were “home”. It looked huge to us, Bill had all sorts of room to drive around in. I am a horrible DISer, I didn’t take room pictures. We were both just so tired and wanted to talk about what we were going to do from here. I did take a couple pictures from the balcony though:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/DSC03910.jpg


http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/DSC03912.jpg

We had gotten the deluxe dining plan so decided we would just order room service and rest. We had Dining with an Imagineer the next day.

Next installment… DHS & meeting a Focker

JolllyHoliday 01-18-2012 08:42 PM

Wow!!! Can't believe I am first to sign on to your excellent adventure!! Can't wait to read more.

okw19 01-18-2012 08:47 PM

I'm so glad you started your TR! :) I always enjoy reading about you and Bill's adventures.
I'm glad the reservations got straightened out. That would have scared me to death!
Room service sounds good right about now. Can't wait to read about Dining with an Imagineer. I'd love to do that one day.

ddstratton 01-18-2012 09:09 PM

You guys have some celebrity airport mojo, huh? How cool!

A little scary - them not finding your reservation. I'm so glad it was straightened out quickly, though.

Disneyland_Mama 01-18-2012 09:11 PM

I'm in! Hoping for some inspiration.;)

I would have flipped out at the front desk!:eek: I hear so much about missing reservations even for members. Glad to hear everything was fine, but yikes!

mrsksomeday 01-18-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JolllyHoliday (Post 43781264)
Wow!!! Can't believe I am first to sign on to your excellent adventure!! Can't wait to read more.

Thank you so much for following along, I am very appreciative :goodvibes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by okw19 (Post 43781322)
I'm so glad you started your TR! :) I always enjoy reading about you and Bill's adventures.
I'm glad the reservations got straightened out. That would have scared me to death!
Room service sounds good right about now. Can't wait to read about Dining with an Imagineer. I'd love to do that one day.

I was a wreck at the front desk, I knew we had a reservation I could see it on the site on my phone, I just wish check in would have went better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddstratton (Post 43781569)
You guys have some celebrity airport mojo, huh? How cool!

A little scary - them not finding your reservation. I'm so glad it was straightened out quickly, though.

It is crazy how we just bump into people isn't it? I was happy when we had the keys to the world cards in my hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama (Post 43781595)
I'm in! Hoping for some inspiration.;)

I would have flipped out at the front desk!:eek: I hear so much about missing reservations even for members. Glad to hear everything was fine, but yikes!

Tracy, you have Waldo to write about why do you need inspiration :lmao:? I kept my cool on the outside on the inside I was fipping out.

Tinker_Tam 01-19-2012 06:04 AM

Oh My! I would have been freaking out when they couldn't find my reservation! It would have brought back memories of our add on night when we went! :lmao:

Gonna try to stay up to date with you but you know how life is! :rotfl:

KatMark 01-19-2012 06:42 AM

Got your link for your TR from FB. Glad to hear Dave's straightened all out (we are planning to use him for September trip). Look forward to more

jenseib 01-19-2012 07:26 AM

Yay!! I'm in

MRYPPNS 01-19-2012 07:29 AM

You must have been so relived to get in that room and close the door!

newtexan 01-19-2012 08:08 AM

I owuld have been toast at that point at the front desk. I wouldn't have known who to call or anything. Great work getting that resolved and into the room to rest!

jcc0621 01-19-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 43781120)
Hello again and welcome to our trip report!! For those of you who know us thanks for being here and welcome back and for those of you who don’t know us here are the details:

:wave2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 43781120)
Our adventure was lengthy but I am not dragging out the report.



:cool1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 43781120)
We have two trips to WDW planned: May for Flower and Garden and Star Wars Weekend and one up in the air, we aren’t sure when we are going this fall/winter.

You could always do August, just sayin:rolleyes1

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 43781120)
Did I take notes… No.

I never do:confused3

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 43781120)
Did I take as many pictures as previous trips… No.

Sometimes that is okay ::yes::

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 43781120)
Did we have a great time… Yes!

:yay:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 43781120)
Nov. 30th, 2011: We always drive to the city we are flying out of the day before the trip and spend the night, but on this night we almost didn’t make it. I had been sick this fall and was also having an issue with my right lower leg, we had debated cancelling the trip several times. We didn’t get to St. Louis until late in the evening, neither one of us slept well that night.

Oh no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 43781120)
As we sat there, we were people watching. People looking for the elevators for the Magical Express, children with Disney stuffed animals with their families on the way home. Then someone caught my eye, I looked at Bill, he looked at me, we had seen the same person, Chaz Bono was standing there looking around. I said to Bill “is that who I think it is?” Bill shook his head yes. I said “are you sure?” He said “yes”. Airports seem to be the place for us to see celebrities. We went towards him and I said “are you Chaz Bono?” He smiled that great smile and said “yes”. We said we had watched him on Dancing with the Stars and the documentaries on the OWN channel. He was very nice and personable. I didn’t ask for a picture because I didn’t want to bring a lot of attention to him. Bill loves to get pictures with people but we do it in an environment of an autograph session. Chaz like Richie McDonald of Lonestar that we meet last year was minding his own business just flying out of the airport. After that we made our way to the Magical Express.

You guys are celebrity magnets:thumbsup2

[
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 43781120)
We had gotten the deluxe dining plan so decided we would just order room service and rest. We had Dining with an Imagineer the next day.

Sounds like a good plan:thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 43781120)
Next installment… DHS & meeting a Focker

Who'd ya meetpopcorn::

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama (Post 43781595)
I'm in! Hoping for some inspiration.;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

KathyRN137 01-19-2012 03:14 PM

Here! :wave:

I remember you saying how awful you felt because of your cold... terrible to be sick on travel day, I know!

Kathy

katiebelle21 01-19-2012 06:53 PM

Yay! Another Tracy and Bill trip report!

I'm so glad everything worked out with your reservation. Your view from the room was spectacular!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.