The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Meets (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   January 17, 2013 DREAM Cruise becomes a Reality (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2842899)

Marshay 12-06-2011 11:40 AM

We booked our first Disney cruise on the Dream for January 17th. We are all excited.:cool1::banana:

Who's joining us?

*FE #1* = Fish Extender group number 1
*FE #2* = Fish Extender group number 2

Please list age at time of cruise for children.

Dis'ers
Marshay = DW, DH, DD3 & DD7 in Cabin #7584 (*FE #1*) (FE #2*)
watwsj = DW, DH, DD4 & DD2 in Cabin #9172 (*FE #1*)
(FE #2*)
Disneymomcat = DMom & DS13
CastawayJP = DH, DW, DD13, DD5 & DD4
SFD998 = DH, DW
Keechie = DW, DH, DS13, DD7 in Cabin #7612 (*FE #1*)
DisneyOHFan = DH, DW, DS15 in Cabin #8538 (*FE #1*)
DisneyOHFan's Adult Family = DW, DH, DS5, DS2 in Cabin #8580 (*FE #1*)

burger315 = Dad, DS10, DD4
stmize = DH, DW in Cabin #6062
Mama Odie = DW, DH, DD8, DD6 in Cabin #8186(*FE #1*)
Joni4122 = DH, DW, DD8, DS6 in Cabin #8520 (*FE #1*)
nherbert = DW, DH, DS5 in Cabin #6568 (*FE #1*)
Stephndoug = DW, DH in Cabin #5188 (*FE #1*)

tperkins71 = DH, DW, DD14, DD11, DD4
summerl30 = DW, DH, DD8, DD6, DD5 in Cabin #2511 (*FE #1*)
aedh2000 = DH, DW, DD8, DS10 in Cabin #10012 (*FE #1*)
angelztreazurez = DH, DW in Cabin #7031 (*FE #1*)
10MouseEars = DH, DW in Cabin #7033(*FE #1*)
frangriseta = DW, DH, DS12, DD9 in Cabin #10538 (*FE #1*)
glmiller12 = DW, DH, DD9 in Cabin #10540 (*FE #1*)
Maria Rosa = DW, DH, DD10, DS7 in Cabin #10536(*FE #1*)
Jhill10428 = DW, DH, DD8, DS7 in Cabin #8504 (*FE #1*)
(*FE #2*)
bkmom21612 = DW, DH in Cabin #9012 (*FE #2*)
Friends of bkmom21612 = DH, DW, DS2 in Cabin #7520 (*FE #2*)
Brother in Law of bkmom21612 = DBiL in Cabin #6501 (*FE #2*)
kholmes = DH, DW, DD6, DS4 in Cabin #7082 (*FE #2*)
bicmize = DH, DD, DS17, DS12, DS10 in Cabin #7144 (*FE #2*)
CanuckDisneyMom = DW, DH, DD14, DS11 in Cabin #8188 (*FE #2*)
Siblingsts = DW, DH, DS11, DS9, DS5 in Cabin #2006 (*FE #2*)
Siblingsts Friends = DM, DGM, DS3 in Cabin #2004 (*FE #2*)
Sinderelly = DW, DH in Cabin #7071 (*FE #2*)
Sinderelly's Adult Daughter = DD in Cabin #7069 (*FE #2*)

jonesm117 = DM, DD18 in Cabin #8090
lorismith999
inventormama
Hook_&_Mickey_Mom = DM, DGM, DS5, DS8
Panickers

Marshay 12-06-2011 03:59 PM

Fish Extender Meetup will take place on Thursday, January 17th from 3:15pm to 3:45pm in The District Lounge (next door to Club 687). This meeting is for all three FE: get to know one another, list any changes to families (cancellations), room assignments (upgrades, room down for maintenance, etc), and answer any questions. Please send at least one member of your family. Your entire family is invited, esp for the kids to see a friendly face they may meet in the Kids Clubs.

If you RSVP (on FB or here) and show up to the meeting, I will have an extra gift for you at the meeting!!

See you there!

PS For those not in the FE, you are still welcome to stop by and say hello and see some friendly faces. You can just ignore all the FE stuff or come toward the end of the meeting (3:30pmish)

IrishCowboy 12-11-2011 11:55 AM

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

watwsj 12-25-2011 08:58 PM

We'll be joining you!!!
 
Hello! We will be wrapping up our Disney vacation with this short cruise. DH and I have cruised on the wonder, but it will be the first cruise for our DD3 and DD1. :cool1:

Marshay 12-26-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watwsj (Post 43538030)
Hello! We will be wrapping up our Disney vacation with this short cruise. DH and I have cruised on the wonder, but it will be the first cruise for our DD3 and DD1. :cool1:

Oh, welcome! You are the first to join!! Yay :cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

This is our first Disney Cruise and first cruise at all for our DD2 and DD6. We, too, plan to go to WDW for a few days prior and then cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know all the Dissers who will be on the same cruise!

watwsj 12-27-2011 08:24 AM

Upcoming Vacation
 
I just noticed your upcoming vacation. It looks like we'll be arriving a few days after you. :yay:

Marshay 12-27-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watwsj (Post 43545598)
I just noticed your upcoming vacation. It looks like we'll be arriving a few days after you. :yay:

Oh my! I didn't even notice that! How utterly cool!

We are staying at OKW ... we arrive 1/20 and leave 1/28...where are you? I'd love to meet you and say hello, if it works out.

watwsj 12-27-2011 12:34 PM

We'll be at BWV from 1/22 - 1/27. I have to admit to being a bit of a planner, but we do have some "free" time built into the schedule. A meet would be great if it works out!

Marshay 12-27-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watwsj (Post 43547702)
We'll be at BWV from 1/22 - 1/27. I have to admit to being a bit of a planner, but we do have some "free" time built into the schedule. A meet would be great if it works out!

I hear ya! I'm still finalizing my plans and will PM you. If we happen to be in the same park at the same time, we should just try to say hello! I've met a few Dissers over the years in WDW and it's all been fun!

No worries if it doesn't happen...it'll just be fun getting to know you over the next year on here!

Marshay 12-27-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watwsj (Post 43538030)
Hello! We will be wrapping up our Disney vacation with this short cruise. DH and I have cruised on the wonder, but it will be the first cruise for our DD3 and DD1. :cool1:

Hey, I also added you and your family to the first post above!:goodvibes

Sinderelly 02-01-2012 12:53 PM

Hi everyone! We just finalized our plans and transferred our ressie to this cruise. This will be our 5th cruise (can't wait to be gold!) Taking our DD on her first cruise. Not sure what we are doing before/after the cruise. Will need to work on that one :goodvibes
Kathy
Jim DH
Megan DD

Marshay 02-01-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinderelly (Post 43904657)
Hi everyone! We just finalized our plans and transferred our ressie to this cruise. This will be our 5th cruise (can't wait to be gold!) Taking our DD on her first cruise. Not sure what we are doing before/after the cruise. Will need to work on that one :goodvibes
Kathy
Jim DH
Megan DD

Yeah! More people on our cruise!

And since you have so many trips under your belt, I hope you'll share with us along the way. This will be my family's first time.

So what goodies/benefits do you get being gold? I'd love to hear more about it. I recall something about being able to board earlier but don't remember anything else.

I'll add your family to our first post!:goodvibes

Marshay 02-01-2012 02:18 PM

The more I'm seeing about the new AoA resort, the more I'm hoping we'll be able to stay there for a few nights prior to our cruise. Not sure if we'd do a suite or just the Little Mermaid room (Ariel is my favorite princess and it is cheaper...)

We may try to use our DVC points for two nights after the cruise at BLT, if there is availability. We don't have enough points for both pre/post cruise but I've heard lots of people say that taking a few days at WDW after the cruise is a good thing, instead of just going right home again.

Sinderelly 02-01-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshay (Post 43905004)
Yeah! More people on our cruise!

And since you have so many trips under your belt, I hope you'll share with us along the way. This will be my family's first time.

So what goodies/benefits do you get being gold? I'd love to hear more about it. I recall something about being able to board earlier but don't remember anything else.

I'll add your family to our first post!:goodvibes

Thank you Marshay!

I'm not sure what all the benefits are but...
I've heard about a little higher OBC for booking onboard...
those beautiful and coveted gold lanyards :laughing:
and being able to book excursions, Palo etc earlier

Sinderelly 02-01-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshay (Post 43905061)
The more I'm seeing about the new AoA resort, the more I'm hoping we'll be able to stay there for a few nights prior to our cruise. Not sure if we'd do a suite or just the Little Mermaid room (Ariel is my favorite princess and it is cheaper...)

We may try to use our DVC points for two nights after the cruise at BLT, if there is availability. We don't have enough points for both pre/post cruise but I've heard lots of people say that taking a few days at WDW after the cruise is a good thing, instead of just going right home again.

Great idea! I forgot all about the AoA resort. We stayed at BLT for 4 nights after our Dream cruise last Oct and it was great. I agree, who wants to go home. Trying to decide if we want to add on before the cruise or after is difficult. If we did something before it would be closer to DD's birthday. We usually fly down the day before and spend the night at PC. Maybe we should stay at WDW instead hmmmm.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.