The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Meets (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   2/3/13/ Dream (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2839274)

IrishCowboy 11-27-2011 11:49 PM

2/3/13/ Dream

Starting this post for bsmooth....

bsmooth 11-28-2011 12:08 PM

Appreciate your help in starting this meet thread!

thanks for starting this!!!!!

Party of 7 on our first Disney Cruise
Me, DW, DD 9 y/o at time of sailing, DS#1 6 y/o, DS#2 5 y/o and 2 Grandmas.
Looking forward to a great time.

kristinanderic 01-11-2012 05:43 PM

We just booked this cruise yesterday! :banana:

bsmooth 01-23-2012 12:16 PM

Hi

Welcome Aboard. So happy to see somebody else has booked this cruise date. Have you cruised before on Disney??

kristinanderic 01-23-2012 02:27 PM

Actually we have cruised the Disney Dream before, we were on the 2/13/11 sailing. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

bsmooth 01-24-2012 01:00 PM

My family and I are very excited to finally be cruising. I am sure I will have plenty of questions, we are Disney cruise line rookies but Disney World/Land Veterans.

If there is anything you can recommend as far as tips or ideas please feel free to pass along to us.

Figmificent 02-05-2012 05:41 AM

Just booked this cruise! So excited, this will be our first Disney cruise. We are staying somewhere on deck 9, I already forget. LOL

heyshanny 02-07-2012 08:08 PM

Hi all! We just booked this cruise on our last cruise which was last week! We were on the Magic last week and booked for the Dream. We are SO excited! We've cruised the Wonder (3 years ago), and the Magic last week so we can't wait for the Dream! We are thinking about adding the 3 day on to the beginning of this cruise. We've never done a back to back before but we hear they are really fun!
Can't wait to keep up with this thread over the next year. I hope there will be a Fish Extender Exchange for this cruise!:goodvibes

TifferMak 02-09-2012 12:11 PM

Hi everyone! Just disembarked the Dream this morning and loved it so much we're doing it all again: same boat, same itinerary, same stateroom! We booked our next trip while on board yesterday. :yay:

I am super happy to see this thread has some activity. Looking forward to chatting with everyone for the next year. Also, if anyone has any questions, feel free to give me a shout (while it's still fresh, LOL)!

Take care,
Tiffany

heyshanny 02-09-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TifferMak (Post 43979123)
Hi everyone! Just disembarked the Dream this morning and loved it so much we're doing it all again: same boat, same itinerary, same stateroom! We booked our next trip while on board yesterday. :yay:

I am super happy to see this thread has some activity. Looking forward to chatting with everyone for the next year. Also, if anyone has any questions, feel free to give me a shout (while it's still fresh, LOL)!

Take care,
Tiffany

Tiffany,
I see you cruised the Wonder and also the Dream. Does the Dream feel more crowded since so many more people are on board?

TifferMak 02-10-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyshanny (Post 43983832)
Tiffany,
I see you cruised the Wonder and also the Dream. Does the Dream feel more crowded since so many more people are on board?

Hi Shannon,

I was pleasantly surprised that the Dream didn't feel as crowded as I expected. Now, don't get me wrong, we completely avoided the pools & AquaDuck during the at sea day because Deck 11 was bananas! However, DD (10) was happy to hang out in the Oceaneer Lab plus it gave DH and I some down time to just wander around the ship.

The only times I noticed a long line was during the character greetings, just before 2nd seating dinners, and disembarkation. Otherwise, hardly a wait for anything! Even during the Sail Away & Pirate Party, there were crowds, but to me, it was totally manageable. I'll look through my pics to see if I got any good shots of the crowd & then post.

heyshanny 02-10-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TifferMak (Post 43986783)
Hi Shannon,

I was pleasantly surprised that the Dream didn't feel as crowded as I expected. Now, don't get me wrong, we completely avoided the pools & AquaDuck during the at sea day because Deck 11 was bananas! However, DD (10) was happy to hang out in the Oceaneer Lab plus it gave DH and I some down time to just wander around the ship.

The only times I noticed a long line was during the character greetings, just before 2nd seating dinners, and disembarkation. Otherwise, hardly a wait for anything! Even during the Sail Away & Pirate Party, there were crowds, but to me, it was totally manageable. I'll look through my pics to see if I got any good shots of the crowd & then post.

Thanks Tiffany! We're used to the crowds on the Magic and Wonder, we've just been curious about the Dream. We can't wait to sail!

TifferMak 02-19-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyshanny (Post 43962752)
I hope there will be a Fish Extender Exchange for this cruise!:goodvibes

Count me in! I didn't know what it was until our 2nd cruise and unfortunately, there weren't enough people to generate any interest for that one. I'm hoping 3rd time's the charm. :thumbsup2

heyshanny 02-19-2012 07:56 PM

Well, we've decided to switch to a 7 night on the Fantasy. Hope you all have a wonderful cruise!

bsmooth 02-23-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TifferMak (Post 43979123)

Take care,
Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,
My family and I are First time cruisers....I see you just got off the Dream, how were the crowds on your most recent trip? We booked specifically this week because it tends to be less crowded at the parks and was hoping that translate to the same on the cruise!!!

Also, I have 3 kids (DD 9, DS 6, DS5 at time of cruise) can you explain the fish extender program?

Also would love to hear any tricks or ideas you may have.

Thanks so much and look forward to hearing from you

Brian