The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rewards Programs (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Disney Visa holder received $40 gift card offer for DVC online tour (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2838744)

pixietwin 11-26-2011 07:19 PM

Disney Visa holder received $40 gift card offer for DVC online tour

I have had the Disney Rewards Visa since early 2003, and I've only received a promo/bonus offer once. Finally got a second one! Yesterday they sent me a mailer offering a $40 Disney gift card if I did the DVC guided online tour. I had to call and talk to somebody for about 15 minutes, but I was told I'd get my gift card within 30 days. It was just a basic time share sales call but no pressure. I did a search but didnt' see this posted, but I'm sure that I'm not the ony person who has received this offer.

tweety38 11-27-2011 07:29 AM

Got this one too, haven't done it yet. I actually forgot about it until I saw this post. Thanks!

pixietwin 11-28-2011 12:51 PM

You're welcome. I was going to throw it away at first because I thought it was one of those 'apply for credit card and get a $40 gift card promo' and since I have two Disney visa accounts - didn't want to open another one. But it was a quick $40 for about 15 minutes of my time. I am thinking of getting my husband to call since he has his own Disney visa account, but honestly I don't think he can handle the 15 minute sales call. He doesnt' do well with that kind of stuff. But it would be another $40 gift card if I just could get him to do it.

zeferjen 11-29-2011 02:29 PM

Hmm, we are actually considering DVC and I have the Visa. I wonder if I can ask for this offer somehow? Did your mailer come with a phone number?

omghidanielle 12-01-2011 09:50 PM

We got this in the mail today!
I was excited to do an online tour, but wound up talking to someone on the phone.

Can't wait to put this in my giant stack of gift cards :goodvibes

DisneyOrBustColorado 12-17-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

I am thinking of getting my husband to call since he has his own Disney visa account, but honestly I don't think he can handle the 15 minute sales call. He doesnt' do well with that kind of stuff. But it would be another $40 gift card if I just could get him to do it.
We got this offer in the mail too. My husband doesn't want to call and I didn't want to call for him on his offer but it says in the fine print "Only 1 gift card per household". So... I guess there is no chance of my husband and myself each getting one. Hey, $40. toward our next trip to Disney is better than nothin'!:yay:

Thanks for posting this. I may have thrown out the post card if I had not seen this post and been watching for the offer.

kkandaj 12-18-2011 06:34 PM

This information is also on the Budget Board. I did not receive the card, but do have a Disney VISA. Hubby called and just said he was interested in the online tour for the $40 gift card. They asked the first 6 digits on the card. It lasted about 10 minutes and the card should be here in a few weeks. I love free money for our trip in May!:banana:

Ariel484 01-04-2012 12:36 PM

We got this in the mail and my husband made the call in early December. Like others have said, he said it was 10-15 minutes and there was no pressure at all. He found everything to be pretty interesting. If only we had an extra $16k or so sitting around! :lmao:

The giftcard came pretty quickly...much quicker than I expected. It came via FedEx, and my husband actually had to sign for it! He received a follow-up call from DVC (which he didn't pick up) and they sent us additional materials in the mail a few weeks later.

Good luck! Yay for free money to spend at Disney! :banana:

stinkerbellsmommy 01-04-2012 12:43 PM

Hmmm...we have the Visa, but I hadn't noticed any mailers regarding this. I wonder if I tossed/shredded by accident? :confused3 Or, they figured out that we took the tour when we had some extra time on our last vacay, got a $100 gift card, and didn't have the extra cash to buy :rotfl:

kdkdmac 01-13-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkandaj (Post 43494213)
This information is also on the Budget Board. I did not receive the card, but do have a Disney VISA. Hubby called and just said he was interested in the online tour for the $40 gift card. They asked the first 6 digits on the card. It lasted about 10 minutes and the card should be here in a few weeks. I love free money for our trip in May!:banana:

Thanks for the info. I'm going to give them a call ... an extra $40 to spend at Disney in March will be awesome! ... Actually, it will be one meal.:cool1:

6ftunder 02-16-2012 08:38 AM

No gift card yet !!

i received a letter in the mail stating i would get a $40 gift card since i had a disney chase visa if i called about dvc info. i called, talked about dvc and got info in the mail. that has been almost 3 months ago. NO gift card yet. i call about it every week and get the run around. really surprised disney handled things this way.

princesspooh323 02-27-2012 08:57 AM

I did this. There was def. no pressure, although we did end up buying. It has been over a month. We have purchased DVC, but we still have not received our gift card.

Tricia's mom 03-04-2012 08:23 AM

I received this offer in the mail as well. I called and took the survey. They said they would send the visa card..they did .. I was away and could not get to fed ex to pick it up in time.. it went back and I have been trying for months to get it reissued. Some one told me he would take care of it.. still waiting....

policycobb 04-19-2013 01:21 PM

Received this offer yesterday. Has anyone called recently and not received the gift card?

GenevieveRaqs 04-19-2013 07:31 PM

I'm curious, too. I received the offer today.