The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Will 6690 on Fantasy be the same as 6690 Dream? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2817884)

hortontrio 10-16-2011 07:56 AM

Will 6690 on Fantasy be the same as 6690 Dream?
 
With the new categorization that include 6690 which we have booked for August 2012 on the Fantasy I was wondering if the room would be identical to the stateroom 6690 on the Dream? I've heard great things about it, so just wondering.. Also, those who have been in that room is it a solid white wall or the plexiglass wall? We have only cruised one other time with a verandah and it was plexiglass, so not sure about the white wall verandah, anyone tell me the pros and cons of it. Thanks so much,

Grandma4ever 10-16-2011 08:30 AM

I know they are making some improvments to the common areas on the Fantasy but I have not heard that any of the rooms were being altered. I expect that they (the rooms) will be the same much like they are between the Wonder and the Magic.

hortontrio 10-16-2011 08:32 AM

Thank you, Grandma!!

LV Disney Fan(atic) 10-16-2011 12:55 PM

Here's a picture of 6690's verandah. You can see the solid part of the wall only goes part way up and we didn't find that it disturbed our view at all. We loved this room - hope you enjoy it too!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Dream6690.jpg

hortontrio 10-16-2011 08:18 PM

Thanks sooooooo much for the picture!! looks awesome!! Can't wait to see it in August on the Fantasy! I truly appreciate you posting a picture!!! :cool1:

Goofy4Ever 10-16-2011 09:00 PM

Thank you for posting this picture!!! This verandah is huge :). Can't wait to see it in person in 10 days!!!!!

skatingmom 10-17-2011 07:54 PM

I can't wait to see it in person in 251 days!!:laughing:

Henlady 10-17-2011 08:11 PM

We had this stateroom/verandah in May and will have it again in about 26 days. Can't Wait. We thought this stateroom was in a perfect position for us.

SucalT 10-17-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henlady (Post 42976405)
We had this stateroom/verandah in May and will have it again in about 26 days. Can't Wait. We thought this stateroom was in a perfect position for us.

Please take care of "My Room"!! I will be moving in for 6 nights as soon as you vacate. :cool1:

31 days to go!!

texasmelrose2 10-20-2011 11:06 AM

Hi All! So glad I found this thread! My husband, kiddoes and I (as well as my in-laws and my mom) will be cruising on the Dream in February. We will be on the 3 night Bahama itinerary. We booked 6690 because we like to be aft and liked that the verandah looks larger than the norm. We did not realize until this week that the flag may be an issue. We do not have a sea day on this itinerary so both full days will be at port, Nassau and Castaway Cay. While we plan on being off the ship some of those days our plan was to chill on the balcony some of the time. Can you shed some light as to whether the flag will be an issue? Is it loud? Does it obstruct the view? We are thinking of upgrading to another room due to this, we really want to be able to enjoy the balcony but hate to give up this room! Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated! :worship:

the great cornholeo 10-20-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LV Disney Fan(atic) (Post 42961264)
Here's a picture of 6690's verandah. You can see the solid part of the wall only goes part way up and we didn't find that it disturbed our view at all. We loved this room - hope you enjoy it too!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Dream6690.jpg

I'll be in 6688 in February on the Fantasy. I hope that the balcony is just as big. That would be an awesome bonus.

KingRichard 10-20-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasmelrose2 (Post 43004301)
Hi All! So glad I found this thread! My husband, kiddoes and I (as well as my in-laws and my mom) will be cruising on the Dream in February. We will be on the 3 night Bahama itinerary. We booked 6690 because we like to be aft and liked that the verandah looks larger than the norm. We did not realize until this week that the flag may be an issue. We do not have a sea day on this itinerary so both full days will be at port, Nassau and Castaway Cay. While we plan on being off the ship some of those days our plan was to chill on the balcony some of the time. Can you shed some light as to whether the flag will be an issue? Is it loud? Does it obstruct the view? We are thinking of upgrading to another room due to this, we really want to be able to enjoy the balcony but hate to give up this room! Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated! :worship:

We will be in 6192 and the flag will be right in the middle of our veranda. From what I have read it is only up while in port and not really a issue! Not sure we will be out on the veranda much while in port.

the great cornholeo 10-20-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRichard (Post 43008342)
We will be in 6192 and the flag will be right in the middle of our veranda. From what I have read it is only up while in port and not really a issue! Not sure we will be out on the veranda much while in port.


King Richard, we'll be close and on the same cruise. I recognize you from the cruise meet thread.

Power Family 10-21-2011 10:01 AM

Hello there King Richard! Please let me know what your room was like, and how much an issue the flag actually is :) We have booked this room for Dec 2012. (but on the Fantasy). I am dying to know if it's as bad as some people have posted, and also, photos of the verandah would be SOOO appreciated :)

Happy Sailing!

Thanks!

Shannon

KingRichard 10-21-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Family (Post 43013915)
Hello there King Richard! Please let me know what your room was like, and how much an issue the flag actually is :) We have booked this room for Dec 2012. (but on the Fantasy). I am dying to know if it's as bad as some people have posted, and also, photos of the verandah would be SOOO appreciated :)

Happy Sailing!

Thanks!

Shannon

You will be in this room before us.

I think there is a room report on the link above in this forum. I also did a internet search to find little bits of info and of course all our friends here.

I really wanted that huge veranda and that is why we went with the room.

From what everyone has posted is the flag is taking down while ship is in motion(night time) so it shouldn't be a problem.

I just can't wait.:banana:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.