The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   "One More Waffle!" An October 2011 TR! *Update 4/24, pg 70-The End!* (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2816186)

Nermel9 10-12-2011 05:26 PM

"One More Waffle!" An October 2011 TR! *Update 4/24, pg 70-The End!*

HELLO and welcome to my 3rd trip report! We just got back on Saturday from an amazing 10 DAYS in the World, and I'm so excited to share our trip with all of you!

Let's just jump right in and get all the important stuff out of the way, shall we? :)

The cast of this trip was:

Me! Jen, obsessive Disney freak! Always looking for a way to get back to Disney World, and ways to bring Disney into my every day life! This was my 9th trip to Disney, I went 4 times with my family when I was younger, and now 5 times with my DH!

My DH is Brandon, who was obviously with me on the trip!

That's him, being impatient with my whole "hold on, I need to take a picture of that before you eat it" thing I had going on every time we ate something! He likes Disney World, you might even say he loves it, but definitely not the way I do, although I think with each trip we take, he's turning into more and more of a freak! :rolleyes1

The dates of our trip were 9/29-10/8, our longest trip yet! We chose to go in early October because for the past 2 years, we have gone in November for all the Christmas festivities, and really wanted to give early Fall a try! I heard such great things about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and after catching the end of the Food and Wine festival last year, we knew we wanted to do that again for a full week. That, combined with getting an awesome pin code discount for our resort, is how we decided to go the first week of October (and the last couple days of September, because I kept adding days!) :)

The pin code was kind of important, because I knew I REALLY wanted to stay at a deluxe resort for this trip, and without some kind of discount, it wouldn't have happened! But we ended up staying at my beloved Wilderness Lodge, which we have stayed at before, and loved! :lovestruc I really feel so at home at this resort, it was nice to return again after staying there 2 years ago!

I hope all of my DIS friends will join me to read along about our trip, and I hope to meet some new DIS friends along the way, so please, feel free to join in and say hi! :wave2: There were many fun, exciting, spectacular moments that I can't wait to share (and of course, a few not so magical things along the way!) :eek: So I hope you will all sit back, relax, keep your hands and arms inside the carpet, and soon this trip report will be ready to go! :woohoo:

(Oh yes, one more thing, the title of this TR-I had a few that I was considering, but none of them really jumped out at me. Then I was at work today, thinking about how I'd love a waffle from the Belgium booth at the Food and Wine festival, and remembered how excited they got every time someone ordered a waffle! The person reading the orders would say "one more waffle" and everyone preparing the orders would yell "ONE MORE WAFFLE!" As soon as I remembered that, I knew that was the title of my TR!)

December PTR Chapter Links!

1. Surprise!
2. The Important Things!
3. News!!
4. One Week!!
5. We're Back!
6. New TR Link!

Chapter Links

Arrival Day, 9/29
1. No Better Feeling!
2. Arrival Day, Part One!
3. Arrival Day, Part Two!
4. I Want to go Home!!!

Friday, 9/30
5. Welcome Home!
6. Getting ready for MNSSHP!
7. Boo To You!
8. Happy Hallowishes!

Saturday, 10/1
9. Sunshine and Palm Trees!
10. Well I can't drink this!
11. Those Fireworks were Different?

Sunday, 10/2
12. I'm so Rumbly in my Tumbly!
13. Just Around the Corner is a Fantasyland!
14. Mmmm, Oreo Bonbons!
15. I always have room for a Turkey Leg!

Monday, 10/3
16. Wow, those pictures are awkward!
17. Jalapeno. Pretzel.
18. Back to Epcot!
19. Mmmm...Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee!

Tuesday, 10/4
20. Are those pictures gonna end up on the DISboards?
21. Haunted Carriage Ride!

Wednesday, 10/5
22. I Finally Have an Annual Pass!!!
23. Epcot Epcot Epcot!!
24. Illuuuuuuminations!

Thursday, 10/6
25. Eat, Shop, Eat Again!
26. 'Ohana means Noodles...and Bread Pudding
27. Off With Your Head!

Friday, 10/7
28. The Saddest Mad Dash That Ever Was
29. It Doesn't Rain When We're in Disney!
30. Hovels...Hovels?

Saturday, 10/8
31. Departure Day

Trip Wrap Up
32. *Sniffle* The END!

TanzUnited99 10-12-2011 05:27 PM

Subbing and going back to read!

All caught up! Love the intros and yay on being able to return to your beloved Wilderness Lodge! :cool1:

Love the title and the reason behind it. Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

pinkxray 10-12-2011 05:30 PM

Darn.too slow

tankgirl427 10-12-2011 06:20 PM

Your title drew me in. I :love: waffles and can't wait to get one next week!

jenbear123 10-12-2011 06:39 PM

I'm here! Great start! Can't wait to hear all about it :yay:

PlutosRHM55 10-12-2011 07:48 PM

I'm here! Love the title! (: Can't wait to read all about! :mickeyjum

Lady Lallie 10-12-2011 07:50 PM

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

amazingact21 10-12-2011 08:05 PM

Yay! You began your trip report! Just subscribed and now can't wait to follow along! :thumbsup2

Joyciemc 10-12-2011 08:22 PM

SO excited to read about your trip!!! :dance3:

Disneymoon23 10-12-2011 08:22 PM

Hey I'm here to follow along. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. You're title is making me regret not trying the belgian waffle now :laughing:

Stringbean&Wingnut 10-12-2011 08:29 PM

I'm here!! And now I want waffles! :laughing:

DisneyFirefly 10-12-2011 08:32 PM

I'm heeeeeeere! :teeth:

PixieMama 10-12-2011 08:39 PM

I'm here!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! And, now I want a waffle.

IheartDDuck 10-12-2011 09:07 PM

I'm here!

I can make you one more waffle. My mom's from Belgium, so it's our specialty. :goodvibes

DisneyDreamerMN 10-12-2011 10:22 PM

I am here and subscribing! :banana: