Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip? Link to New TR 6/24 p136!
Welcome to my newest, and perhaps most eclectic, trip report. Usually I start my trip reports AFTER the trip is over, but I am going to try something different this time around. I am actually going to start this trip report BEFORE my trip(s). Notice I said trip(s)! Thatís right Ė I am about to write about not one, not two, but three trips Ė all in the same report.
But Wait! I know what youíre thinking! I only have two tickers going. Whereís the third trip?
Answer Ė I am going to modify the trip report etiquette a wee little bit and write about a recent trip I took to Williamsburg. Although Williamsburg is technically not a Disney trip, I approached it with the same sense of adventure and planning that I do with all my Disney trips. And I discovered that Williamsburg, in many ways, is like a Disney trip. There is so much to do and see, so many great places to eat and shop. Thereís the thrill factor and the educational factor. Thereís the ability to play on the land and the sea. So, if you will indulge me, I would love to be your host on a 3 day tour of Williamsburg and the surrounding areas. Yeah Ė I know I could put this on the community boards, but how would that allow me to simultaneously write about my actual Disney trips. It really wouldnít, would it????? KWIM!
So what Disney trips do I have in my actual queue?
Well, if you are anything at all like me, and I know I a lot of you are, you probably have trouble coming home from a Disney trip without another trip in the works. I have been fortunate enough to belong to the Disney Vacation Club for several years and it has afforded me the luxury of being to preplan trips and not wait for codes and special offers. When I came home from my May girlís trip I already had two trips waiting for me in my queue.
Disney Trip #1: (10/23 Ė 10/28) In less than 3 weeks I have another girlís trip planned. This one isnít to Disneyworld in Orlando, but it is to a very special Disney property Ė Disneyís Hilton Head Island Resort! Again Ė I know I could write about this on the DVC board, but I donít think that would be nearly as fun as writing about it here. I figured if you are like me (and you know you are), you are always looking for a vacation with a variation on the traditional Disney theme. A Disney vacation with a twist, so to speak. And thatís exactly what this vacation is! Itís akin to a Disney cruise or perhaps a visit to Vero Beach. I have heard so many wonderful things about Disneyís HHI resort, how can I NOT write a TR about it. Plus I got a killer deal there which will surprise and amaze you!
Disney Trip #2: (12/14 Ė 12/19) Woo Hoo!!!! Going back to the world as we all know it! My DH, Denny, and DS, Nicholas, will be joining me and we will be staying for 5 nights at OKW! I have heard so many wonderful things about OKW since I booked this trip, that I am super excited to stay there!!!!! There are also a few other DISers spending time at the world while Iím there Ė Kara (karajeboo ) and Dawn (DizneyDawn). There may also be some others that I donít even know about. So, if you are going to be in the world the same time as I am, give me a shout out!
So why not a pretrip report?????
I considered writing this as a pretrip report for my December Disney trip. But, I finally settled on this format.
I do enjoy PTRís. I really do. Some DISers are REALLY good at writing PTRs. You know who you are! You share your planning decisions, change your resort 5 or 6 times, change your ADRs even more, make fabulously elaborate planning lists and spread sheets, calculate out the useable space in your luggage, and some of you even devise creative ways to surprise your kids. I am so bad at that kind of stuff. With DVC there isnít a lot of resort shuffling, I donít spend hours obsessing over ADRs, and I am terrible at lists. And to surprise anyone Ė well that would probably be literally impossible for me since I am such a blabber mouth. Iím also not really good at creative games and top tens! I love you guys who are, but Iím just not.
I like to put my energy into the post trip report. Thatís where I shine. Although I am not the most entertaining writer, I really love, love, LOVE to take pictures and share them with you. I much prefer to write about the trip after the fact. And I like to share my photography with you. Iím not perfect, but I am getting steadily better with the camera. So - Thatís just me!
I think this will work! So please join me for the next several months as we explore W-burg, Hilton Head, and then the ever fabulous Disney World at Christmas time!
Joining and am I first? Going back to read!
Edit: Looking forward to hearing all about Williamsburg and than all your Disney adventures Mary Ellen!! :cool1:
I love your writing style and pictures and can't wait to read/see more! :goodvibes
TRIP REPORT LINKS
1. So How did these trips all happen? Added 10/3/2011
2. That Trip That Almost Wasn't 10/6/2011
5. Got Electricity? 10/11/2011
9. T Minus 8 to Hilton Head 10/15/2011
10. Got Ghosts? 10/18/2011
13. Got Ghosts? Part II 10/20/2011
16. The Other Dark Side 10/22/2011
21. Not Enough Hours in the Day 10/31/2011
24. From VA Beach to Hilton Head Island11/3/2011
26. Going South of the Border11/3/2011
28. Oops, I Did It Again! 11/6/2011
30. Frequent Fliers and There Really is a Shadow! 11/10/2011
34. Beaches and Beautiful Sunsets 11/13/2011
37. Georgia Peaches11/19/2011
39. Spending Time with the Spirits 11/23/2011
43. December Trip Plans...Ho Ho Ho! 11/26/2011
46. Don't Rock the Boat Baby 11/30/3011
48. Honey, I Just Bought a Yacht 12/3/2011
51. Charleston - The Prettiest City in the USA 12/9/2011
54. More Charleston 12/12/2011
56. Bye to HHI 12/26/2011
Our Christmas Quickie Begins
1. D Day.....Disney Departure Day That is! 12/29/2011
2. Storming the Castle 1/1/2012
7. Doh and a DISmeet 1/8/2012
11. You and Everyone Else1/13/2012
13. Delaware DIS Meet 1/22/2012
14. TSM Out the Whazoo! 1/23/2012
17. 2 Tours = 2X the Fun1/27/2012
22. A DIS Meet or Not? 2/1/2012
24. A Grand Evening 2/4/2012
27. Wishes From High in the Sky 2/8/2012
31. All the Single Riders 2/12/2012
34. Lunch With a Yeti2/16/2012
37. The Lion Sleeps Tonight 2/21/2012
39. June News - We're Flying! 2/25/2012
40. A Jammin' Jungle Christmas Parade 2/26/2012
43. Is It Dark Out Yet? 3/1/2012
45. Long Island Wineries & a DIS meet 3/4/2012
46. 120 Minutes to Soarin' 3/6/12
50. An Epcot First 3/11/2012
53. Great News, A Turtle Crawl, and Lights! 3/16/2012
56. Shopping and Dinner 3/20/2012
59. Goodbye to OKW 3/26/2012
62. Circling the Showcase 3/31/2012
64. The American Adventure 4/12/2012
66. Bonsai 4/17/2012
69. Firsts and Favorites Part I 4/27/2012
73. Firsts & Favorites Part 2 4/30/2012
74. Continued 5/1/2012
76. What Would You Do? 5/1/2012
77. Another Trip to Williamsburg5/4/2012
80. Return to Williamsburg Part 2 5/9/2012
86. Final Thoughts & More 5/16/2012
90. June Trip Plans 5/23/2012
91. The End & The Rest of the Queuehttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ply&p=450600486/2/12
I'm here Mary Ellen, thanks for the heads up!!
I'm excited to hear about your trips! And, yes, I know I still owe you Charleston pictures, I'll get them posted before I leave for WDW, I promise!! (See now that I put that promise in writing, I HAVE to get it done ;) )
Yes - you are! :woohoo: Welcome!!!!
I am actually looking forward to writing about Williamsburg since it was a really fun trip!
And then HHI - watch out. It's going to be the most detailed HHI TR ever. I want to explore every inch on that place.
Page one!! :cool1:
I'm glad you are here since you were my inspiration for a mini-August trip. I really lucked out that we ended up in Williamsburg instead of the White Mountains. But I will get to those White Mountains - darn it!!!!
So happy that there's another round, Mary Ellen. And your pictures are gorgeous and your writing is pretty good, too! :goodvibes Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.
I am here Mary Ellen!! :yay: Looking forward to reading all about it!
I'm here, MaryEllen and will catch up when I get back from our trip.
Awww... you're so sweet! :goodvibes I'm glad you went to Williamsburg instead too!
This is very unusual for me to go from one TR straight to the next, but I really wanted to post Williamsburg pictures and I didn't want to do it on a group TR. Thanks so much for joining in!
:cheer2:Thanks Everyone for Joining in!....to my somewhat atypical Disney TR!
I'm here! Thanks for letting me know you'd started! :)
How lucky you are to have so many trips in the works! I'm so jealous! The next year is going to be expensive so we won't be back to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) until the wedding so I'll live vicariously through your adventures :goodvibes
Oh, it's gonna be close - can I make page 1?? (YES!!)
I'm totally on board for another TR Mary Ellen!!!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.