The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Canadians - where are you? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2792545)

Disney Addicted 09-03-2011 11:48 AM

Canadians - where are you?

I'm curious if there are any DISers out my way. While I have a couple of friends planning trips to Disney and have asked for my help - I do not know anyone out this way who really loves Disney. Always nice to know you are not alone. :lmao:

I'm in Bowmanville, Ontario. East of Toronto and Oshawa. Anyone else? :)

DutchsMommy 09-03-2011 12:10 PM

We're near you! Ashburn is the closest village - south of Uxbridge, north of Ajax...just off Lakeridge, neighbour to Dagmar Ski Hill and Hy-Hope Farms. :thumbsup2

You do find that you become the de-facto Disney expert among friends and at work! I can't tell you how many people I have given advice to...as recently as Friday when I was extolling the virtues of DCL to our Auditor who has a young son. If I can make another family's trip Magical then I am more than willing to help. WDW is out Laughing Place. This year we are doing a split stay and experiencing Universal Orlando for the first time. I find there is always something 'new' to try and having a trip in the pipeline that I can plan makes me happy. :lovestruc
So, nice to see you neighbour! :wave2:

TheBig2na 09-03-2011 12:19 PM

I am in Bowmanville as well. I get complete strangers emailing me sometimes through friends asking for help. hahahaha I love it. Any Disney talk is good talk.

stefanospops 09-03-2011 01:30 PM

While I am in Toronto my Godparents used to own Ace Submarine on Hwy 115 just north of the 401. As a kid I would spend a fair bit of time there going to Orono, Jungle Cat World, Bowmanville zoo.

Tower 09-03-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchsMommy (Post 42494783)
We're near you! Ashburn is the closest village - south of Uxbridge, north of Ajax...just off Lakeridge, neighbour to Dagmar Ski Hill and Hy-Hope Farms. :thumbsup2

You do find that you become the de-facto Disney expert among friends and at work! I can't tell you how many people I have given advice to...as recently as Friday when I was extolling the virtues of DCL to our Auditor who has a young son. If I can make another family's trip Magical then I am more than willing to help. WDW is out Laughing Place. This year we are doing a split stay and experiencing Universal Orlando for the first time. I find there is always something 'new' to try and having a trip in the pipeline that I can plan makes me happy. :lovestruc
So, nice to see you neighbour! :wave2:

Hey! I was just there last week! I was on the tower across from the top of the chair lift and overlooking the Hy-Hope Golf Course. Had I known, I would have waved at you from the top of the tower! ;)

roxysmum123 09-03-2011 10:38 PM

Hamilton here

RadioMom 09-03-2011 11:18 PM

I'm in London, about 2 hours from you. :thumbsup2

corster 09-04-2011 12:51 AM

Downtown Ottawa, or sometimes Vaughan.

bdoyledimou 09-04-2011 02:18 AM

Markham checking in. :cheer2:

Susan2771 09-04-2011 06:52 AM

Etobicoke, ON!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 09-04-2011 07:29 AM

Belleville, ON :flower3: here!

DutchsMommy 09-04-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tower (Post 42500030)
Hey! I was just there last week! I was on the tower across from the top of the chair lift and overlooking the Hy-Hope Golf Course. Had I known, I would have waved at you from the top of the tower! ;)

You mean the cell phone tower? If yes, then you would have driven right past our driveway - thats our road the tower is on!!! Small world! What does that tower do anyway?? It cant be internet because we had a heck of a time getting an internet provided. And our cell service still sucks so we;ve always wondered what the tower did!! :confused3

Disney Addicted 09-04-2011 09:29 AM

Nice to meet everyone! :wave2: :goodvibes

Quote:

This year we are doing a split stay and experiencing Universal Orlando for the first time. I find there is always something 'new' to try and having a trip in the pipeline that I can plan makes me happy. :lovestruc

Nice! I can hardly wait until we do Universal Studios, but it looks like it will not be for a few years. Right now we do not have definate plans.

We currently have a Sept 2012 cruise booked. And since we will be flying to Florida, I would like to do 4-5 days at Disney before the cruise. :rolleyes1

But, there is all these delicious rumours about a Hawaiian cruise opening for October 2012. I will switch in a hearbeat! IF we end up on this cruise, then I want to fly out 4 days early and spend 3 days at Disneyland. After all, I cannot see us ever flying to LA again so it makes sense to see Disneyland on the same trip & airfare, right? ;)

And if we cruise, I promised hubby I would not talk about a trip anywhere anymore for at least 3 years, maybe 5. :rolleyes: But then it will be at least 2 weeks to do Universal Studios, Discovery Cove, SeaWorld, Aquatica. ;) Depending how long we (the kids & I) have to wait, that might extend into 3 weeks. :rotfl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBig2na (Post 42494869)
I am in Bowmanville as well. I get complete strangers emailing me sometimes through friends asking for help. hahahaha I love it. Any Disney talk is good talk.

Hi neighbour! I'm in the Waverly area. Maybe we will bump into each other one day.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 09-04-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

This year we are doing a split stay and experiencing Universal Orlando for the first time. I find there is always something 'new' to try and having a trip in the pipeline that I can plan makes me happy. :lovestruc

When is your trip, DutchsMommy? And where are you staying while offsite in Orlando? Our last (and only other) Florida vacation was a Disney-only experience. Like you, we wanted to try something different on our next getaway....its a great big world out there and there's so much to choose from!! Plans for our upcoming trip include a day at Discovery Cove, two days at SeaWorld, and three days at Universal and Islands of Adventure. If your visit preceeds mine, I would be grateful for any tips and advice you would be willing to share!!! :goodvibes

Kazzy1548 09-04-2011 11:57 AM

Montreal, Quebec here :cool2: