The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   looking for an image.... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2774648)

karentan 08-07-2011 08:57 AM

looking for an image....
 
does anyone have a (straight, as in not from a photo) image of the design on the bow of the disney magic?
just thinking it'd make an awesome door magnet if i can get a straight design of it.
thanks in advance

Zandy595 08-07-2011 09:48 AM

I could not find a "flat" version. I'm not sure I've ever seen one.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3530/...fee3de66_b.jpg

JustTJ 08-07-2011 10:18 AM

Zandy, is this your photo? If so would you mind if I use that for one of my FE gifts? It's the BEST yet I've seen of the Ships BOW! :thumbsup2

Zandy595 08-07-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustTJ (Post 42152038)
Zandy, is this your photo? If so would you mind if I use that for one of my FE gifts? It's the BEST yet I've seen of the Ships BOW! :thumbsup2

No, it's not my photo. I found it in google search. I say it's fair game if you find it using an internet search engine. ;) Go ahead.

mytripsandraces 08-07-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zandy595 (Post 42152103)
No, it's not my photo. I found it in google search. I say it's fair game if you find it using an internet search engine. ;) Go ahead.

That doesn't make it public domain. Most of my pictures come up in searches from flickr, but they're all protected by copyright and I would want someone to ask my permission before using any of them.

Whether or not this use constitutes "fair use" is a different discussion, but just finding an image by using an internet search engine doesn't mean it's "fair game."

Zandy595 08-07-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytripsandraces (Post 42152412)
That doesn't make it public domain. Most of my pictures come up in searches from flickr, but they're all protected by copyright and I would want someone to ask my permission before using any of them.

Whether or not this use constitutes "fair use" is a different discussion, but just finding an image by using an internet search engine doesn't mean it's "fair game."

Sorry, I always assumed that if people didn't want to share their pictures with others that there was a way to make it so no one could take them. I didn't realize that's not the case. I wonder how hard it would be to track someone down to ask them for permission though. I don't use flickr. Is it possible to ask someone on that site if you can use their images?

JustTJ 08-07-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytripsandraces (Post 42152412)
That doesn't make it public domain. Most of my pictures come up in searches from flickr, but they're all protected by copyright and I would want someone to ask my permission before using any of them.

Whether or not this use constitutes "fair use" is a different discussion, but just finding an image by using an internet search engine doesn't mean it's "fair game."


If your photos on flicker are password protected like you mentioned "copy right protected" then the photo cannot be used since knowone could copy and post it somewhere else nor copy and save to their own files. If it's NOT password protected, and no way to contact whoever posted it to the particular site, then anyone can have access to it. I do my best to contact the owners of general photos or graphics, but sometimes that is impossible.

iloverags2 08-07-2011 11:17 AM

I took this picture in Grand Cayman from the tender boat. You are welcome to use it.

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/IMG_1976.jpg

JustTJ 08-07-2011 11:26 AM

For the OP I new millipie had something like you are asking for. It's not exactly the Dreams BOW logo but millipie did have this one in her public album

http://dc395.4shared.com/img/mexIFMjL/bottom_logo_2.jpg

karentan 08-07-2011 11:30 AM

for any of the disigners out there, can anyone take the top photo, and blank it all out onto a white background so it just has the bow design on it?

JustTJ 08-07-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karentan (Post 42152855)
for any of the disigners out there, can anyone take the top photo, and blank it all out onto a white background so it just has the bow design on it?

This is the best I could do with the amount of free time I had today:

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...amBOW2copy.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DreamBOW.jpg

extechie rbd/wdt 08-07-2011 01:54 PM

And here's my efforts! HTH!

Ex Techie

(Scroll work courtesy of Millipie!)

[IMG]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...oldonWhite.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...oldonBlack.jpg[/IMG]

karentan 08-07-2011 02:29 PM

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks guys, you're all awesome!

extechie rbd/wdt 08-07-2011 03:55 PM

Just one more with the scroll's levelled and highlighting.

Ex Techie

[IMG]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...1001001001.png[/IMG]

SuperRob 08-07-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extechie rbd/wdt (Post 42155917)
Just one more with the scroll's levelled and highlighting.

Ex Techie

VERY talented work, Ex Techie! Well done!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.