The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The DIS Unplugged Podcast (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   thought you might like to know - from previous thread - (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752256)

peanut1967 07-03-2011 02:47 PM

thought you might like to know - from previous thread -

Hi
for those who have been praying for us and have followed our situation I thought I would do a little follow up - the little boy as you know was placed back with us in foster care just over a week ago, things have gone great he has settled really well and for a 3 year old to say 'me no go home' just breaks your heart.

Well we had a meeting with his Socail Worker this week who as basically asked us would we be willing to adopt him. We of course have said yes we would love too, so now the ball starts rolling. We love this littly with all our hearts and our 2 grown children 19 & 22 love him so we are hoping things go smoothly. I have to say I am so tired with all this emotion going on but hopefully things will settle down once we get into a routine. He was used to going to bed when he wanted or where he wanted which could mean early hours bedtime, we are managing to get him settled by about 8.30, but its a work in progress.

Please continue your prayers, although this journey could possibly be quite quick, they think he could legally be ours by Christmas because he was already on a full care order, christmas feels such a long way away.

On another note I cant wait to show him Disney and get him addicted, I have just finished making a Cars quilt for him so we are starting the right way, and he needed lots of new clothes and let me tell you I just had to get a couple disney tshirts ...:) poor child...lol

Angie

wdwscout 07-03-2011 02:57 PM

That's GREAT news Angie! :banana:

Glad to hear you are starting the Disney indoctrination right away. That will assure he grows up right! :earsboy:

My best to you and your family as you go through the adoption process.

GoofyforDisney3 07-03-2011 04:45 PM

I haven't read your other thread but just wanted to say I hope all goes well and things work out that he gets to stay with your family. It takes special people to do what you are doing. God Bless!

ToddyLu 07-03-2011 05:30 PM

:) I am so happy to hear that your little one has found a slice of paradise with you guys. He already knows it. Good luck to you all.

DrMomof3 07-03-2011 06:26 PM

Sending prayers that this little boy gets to stay with your permanently and they stop moving him back and forth. He's lucky to have you and, it sounds like, you're lucky to have him!

Amanda

Disney Khi 07-04-2011 11:03 AM

Congrats! What a wonderful thing for all of you!

peanut1967 07-04-2011 03:01 PM

Just to let you know that Mum is fully behind us on this. My other half came into a ready made family, my son and daughter, he considers them his own. We have fostered for over 3 years, yet he has never wanted children of his own, yet with this little boy it is as they were made for each other, to see the bond between them is a wonderful thing, dont get me wrong I spend each and every day with this little boy and I love him dearly and he loves his Tangie, as he calls me, but he has a mum and he needs a positive male in his life and he hangs onto Allans every word and if you saw them together you would see they were made to be part of each others life.

We go away in approx 6 weeks time to a place called Abersoch, Wales, UK. I cant wait to give him his first real holiday, 2 weeks away from it all with lots of sandcastles to be built and lots of fun. I usually take a stack load of books with me but I think 1 will be enough this time:rotfl2: but so worth it.

thankyou so much for your good wishes and kind thoughts I just hope things go smoothly.

Angie

SamSam 07-04-2011 03:23 PM

Oh, Angie, this is wonderful news! I pray all will go smoothly with the adoption and you ( and he) will have the peace of knowing that he will be in your lives forever.:goodvibes

hockeymomNS 07-04-2011 06:18 PM

I hope that in the blink of an eye, everything is done and he is yours.
We need more people like you in the world.

15isto2 07-05-2011 03:37 AM

I hope everything goes smoothly for all of you