The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK DVC Discussion (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Selling/renting points (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2738725)

Worksopdisney 06-12-2011 08:44 AM

Selling/renting points
 
Hi we are going to lose 160 points if we dont use them by May 2012, as we are not going next year we dont want this to happen, so wondering whether we could sell or rent them out?

not sure how it works, so any advice greatly appreciated!

:cool1:

skelfbsfb 06-12-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksopdisney (Post 41447332)
Hi we are going to lose 160 points if we dont use them by May 2012, as we are not going next year we dont want this to happen, so wondering whether we could sell or rent them out?

not sure how it works, so any advice greatly appreciated!

:cool1:

Can you not bank them.

Worksopdisney 06-12-2011 09:56 AM

We have banked them but it says we have to use in June 2012.

Im confused as this is the first time we've banked so not used to what the rules are!

ohana7 06-22-2011 01:54 PM

You can rent them. There is a renting thread but you need to be a regular poster to post a rent thread. There is a sticky about it on renting page.

skelfbsfb 06-22-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksopdisney (Post 41448000)
We have banked them but it says we have to use in June 2012.

Im confused as this is the first time we've banked so not used to what the rules are!

If you cannot use them by June 2012 then you will lose them. Best bet then is to rent them, prices range from 5 - 7 of if you rent them on this forum then prices range from $10 - $12 per point.

penlanspice 06-22-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksopdisney (Post 41448000)
We have banked them but it says we have to use in June 2012.

Im confused as this is the first time we've banked so not used to what the rules are!


When is your use year? When did you bank? If you have just banked them into next year you will have 12 months to use them from the use year date you banked them into.

starry_solo 06-28-2011 08:30 PM

Don't forget to account for the fees involved in PayPal transfers when you price your points. It is a good idea to let them know whether your prices include PayPal fees (or not).

Or, perhaps you can convert your points to the hotel collectiona and go to DL Paris?

skelfbsfb 06-29-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starry_solo (Post 41651425)
Don't forget to account for the fees involved in PayPal transfers when you price your points. It is a good idea to let them know whether your prices include PayPal fees (or not).

Or, perhaps you can convert your points to the hotel collectiona and go to DL Paris?

There will be no paypal charge if marked as gift, however if they pay in dollars then paypal will convert at a lower rate


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.