The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Gay and Lesbian at Disney (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   2012 dates? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737594)

skram79 06-10-2011 10:33 AM

2012 dates?
 
Does anyone have the dates for next year, we are trying to get our group together and make our reservations at the Shades of Green.

OrlandoMike 06-10-2011 10:47 AM

May 29 - June 4, 2012

jackskellingtonsgirl 06-10-2011 04:14 PM

I am getting ready to look at point charts to choose our villa for next year! :goodvibes

skram79 06-10-2011 05:43 PM

This is the our first trip during this time of year, normally we go in the winter because it is cooler. What are the crowds like?

chwgmjay 06-10-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl (Post 41431673)
I am getting ready to look at point charts to choose our villa for next year! :goodvibes

Like *lol*

chwgmjay 06-10-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skram79 (Post 41432491)
This is the our first trip during this time of year, normally we go in the winter because it is cooler. What are the crowds like?

I didn't think the crowds were bad at all. There were a few days where you walked through the park and looked at wait times and went "WOW!" but then you just hop to a different park. If you're going specifically for gay days and planning to do the 'park of the day' don't plan to get much done, rides wise, during peak hours (noon-6pmish)

This year was my first year, but it is definitely a new yearly thing for me.

Oh, and they claim that it's supposed to be "rainy season"... don't believe anyone. It rained for about 30 mins on one day out of the entire week we were there. Dress for HEAT.

DrGaellon 06-10-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skram79 (Post 41427445)
Does anyone have the dates for next year, we are trying to get our group together and make our reservations at the Shades of Green.

GayDay at the Magic Kingdom is always the first Saturday in June, and things usually run from the Wednesday before until the Monday after.

Crowds are generally typical for the time of year; GayDays does not significantly increase the volume in the parks except for GayDay itself. In an effort to minimize the impact of the crowds, I typically do not follow the "park of the day" schedule from the promoters, except the Saturday.

You should note that early June crowds are MUCH higher than winter-time crowds, unless you normally go around Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years. If you are used to going in January or February, be prepared for MUCH bigger crowds - three to five times more people, from my experience, if not more.

skram79 06-12-2011 06:24 PM

Thanks for all of the information you guys, looking forward to our next visit.

wcpamotm 06-12-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrGaellon (Post 41433660)
You should note that early June crowds are MUCH higher than winter-time crowds, unless you normally go around Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years. If you are used to going in January or February, be prepared for MUCH bigger crowds - three to five times more people, from my experience, if not more.

Probably true.

It's worth noting though that early June crowds have not quite yet built up to typical summer levels. That happens soon enough after the weekend though...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.