The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Reviews (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Greetings From England – The Brits Are Back!! **COMPLETED 07/05** (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2732422)

Linda67 06-02-2011 07:37 AM

Greetings From England – The Brits Are Back!! **COMPLETED 07/05**

Hello everyone :wave2:

We’ve just got back from a wonderful two week vacation at WDW and I can’t wait to tell you all about the yummy food we ate

I had such fun writing my last dining review that I thought I would give it another go and would love for you all to come along for the ride.

Think of this review as my way of inviting you all to join us for breakfast, lunch and dinner with the odd cocktail thrown in without you having to actually consume the calories and endure the pain of elasticated pants and jogging on the spot in front of your computer for the next 6 months :laughing:

So who are we and what’s the background to this trip?

Who

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...3938-1-1-1.jpg

Me – 43 years young and the main planner of our Disney trips.

I don’t eat meat but I do eat fish and almost anything else.

I have been known to enjoy the occasional adult beverage :rolleyes1

DH – 44 (he’ll be 45 by the end of this review but we’ll give him the benefit of the doubt)

He is happy for me to plan our trips from start to finish and is the best travelling companion in the world :lovestruc

He will try most things and isn’t a fussy eater but he is a carnivore at heart and would be more than happy to fill his entire plate with meat, meat and more meat.

Where

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, which by the way was wonderful, and slotted in a three day cruise on The Disney Dream into the middle of our vacation.

We had the DDP for the full two weeks which was our first experience of the Disney Dining Plan

When

May 14th – May 28th 2011

Here are just some of the places we tried (click the links for individual reviews)

Roaring Fork
Breakfast At Roaring Fork & A Quick Stop At La Cava Del Tequila!
Tangierine Café & Some Italian & German Treats
Le Cellier
Whispering Canyon Café
Chip 'n' Dale's Campfire Sing-Along'
Contempo Café
Starring Rolls, Backlot Express & The Tune In Lounge
Narcoossee’s
Earl Of Sandwich, Captain Cook’s And Some Liquid Refreshments!
Roaring Fork, MK Snack & Wishes Dessert Party
A Day At Wilderness Lodge
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Crystal Palace & Typhoon Lagoon
Hoop Dee Doo Review
Tamu Tamu Refreshments & AK Snacks
Jiko
Via Napoli
Earl Of Sandwich - Take 2
Starring Rolls Café
Territory Lounge & Artist Point
Roaring Fork Waffles (Again!)
Wolfgang Puck Express

Disney Dream

Cabanas
Animator's Palate
Tow Mater Grill & Luigi's Pizza
Enchanted Garden
Castaway Cay
Royal Palace
Royal Palace Breakfast

I Hope you can join me as I re-live our little culinary adventure as I count down the days until we return in October for our first ever food and wine festival :banana:

Linda67 06-02-2011 07:47 AM

Our First Night At WL - Roaring Fork

Saturday 14th May 2011

I hadn’t made any ADRs for our first night as we weren’t due to land until early evening and I knew that we would be tired after our long flight

We checked into the Wilderness Lodge and were very happy to discover that we had been upgraded :cool1:

Once we had freshened up and un-packed our bags we popped down to Roaring Forks to buy our refillable mugs and explore the resort for a while

When hunger began to strike we decided to head back to Roaring Forks to grab something to eat

Vegetable Wrap for me

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/IMG_3899.jpg

This was good and fresh but very spicy, I enjoy fairly spicy foods but this was a little on the hot side even for me. I think I ate about half (it was huge)

DH got the 1/3 lb. Angus Bacon Cheeseburger with French Fries; you can also see his dessert in the picture which was a huge chocolate brownie

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...IMG_3900-1.jpg

DH really enjoyed his burger. It was freshly prepared to order and he commented on the good quality of the burger.

I stole a couple of his fries for research purposes :rolleyes1 and they were hot, fresh and yummy

He loved the brownie but couldn’t eat it all so half of it ended up in the fridge for a morning snack

For dessert I got the strawberry frozen yoghurt which for some reason I don’t seem to have a picture of but it was delicious and full of chunks of real strawberry

It was very entertaining to observe the ingenious ways that people had to get the absolute maximum amount of yoghurt into their plastic cups :laughing:

We topped up our mugs and sat outside for a while excitedly chatting about the two weeks ahead before the time difference finally caught up with us and we headed to bed

Coming Up Next …………… Passports At The Ready, We’re Off To Morocco And Canada

scottishgirl1 06-02-2011 07:55 AM

Hi! I enjoyed your previous dining report so am looking forward to reading this one. Lucky you getting an upgrade at Wilderness Lodge, we have only been there for meals but it looks stunning.

danalee 06-02-2011 08:06 AM

Sounds great, cant wait for more! :goodvibes

mamaboogie 06-02-2011 08:12 AM

YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!:dance3:

So, so, so excited you've started your report!:thumbsup2

Cannot wait to hear all about it :surfweb:

phabric 06-02-2011 08:35 AM

Great start. Will be looking for more.

GoofySon'sMom 06-02-2011 08:45 AM

Definitely in for your review! :cool1:

MickeyNicki 06-02-2011 10:03 AM

Hi Linda! Count me in for this one!

We were there May 19-25...bummer that we missed you!

MrsTigger 06-02-2011 10:17 AM

Looking forward to reading more!

mamaboogie 06-02-2011 10:36 AM

BTW - 'the odd cocktail'???? Yeah, right!:rotfl2:

butiflfeet 06-02-2011 11:13 AM

Yay for hotel upgrades! I hope the rest of your trip was just as magical. I'm looking forward to more of your reviews!

dizneeat 06-02-2011 11:18 AM

Linda, you started! :woohoo: I am SO in here!

Now going back to read! ;)

chocolateMinnie 06-02-2011 01:46 PM

I'm in - lucky you with the free upgrade :goodvibes:

monica23535 06-02-2011 04:52 PM

I'm in, can't wait for more!

TigerKat 06-02-2011 10:31 PM

Signing on!:thumbsup2