The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   "Her Name Was Definitely Mary". Our 1st anniversary trip, May 2011 *NEW 9/6 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718238)

Joyciemc 05-10-2011 10:00 PM

"Her Name Was Definitely Mary". Our 1st anniversary trip, May 2011 *NEW 9/6

This was a trip of firsts: 1st Anniversary celebration, 1st DVC stay, 1st split stay (at two 1st time resorts), 1st backstage tours, and 1st time doing several attractions we had skipped before.
We learned that there are a lot of new to us things about WDW that we loved. We also learned that we had avoided some things for a reason and that we can usually trust our judgment.

But I guess introductions are in order before I get too far into this.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/...1/IMG_5011.jpg

Iím Joyce. Iíve loved Disney as long as I can remember and have been to WDW a bunch of times, and Disneyland a couple of times. Vacations are the highlight of my life (not that I donít like my job, but time off from work is a wonderful thing in my eyes!) and WDW is my place of choice to spend them. I love to travel in general, though. Unfortunately, a series of terrible plane rides is causing a slow but steady fear of flying. Not sure how many more times Iím going to be able to fly placesÖ

Ben is my husband (of just over a year) and also loves (that may be too strong of a word, but itíll do) Disney. Heís way more outgoing than me and is a lot of fun to travel with. During this trip we learned that he is Minnie Mouseís type and that Mickey better watch it! Ben will be reading this and will remind me of things I left out, Iím sure.

We were just at WDW in September, and we became DVC members on that trip. That story can be found in the trip report in my signature.

This anniversary trip was changed a lot in the planning process. The full story can be found in the pre-trip report in my signature, if you care to take a look.

But as things ended up, we stayed at Kidani Village from 5/1-5/8 and Old Key West from 5/8-5/9. These were both new resorts for us, and made for a very different kind of trip. It was a jam-packed adventure that left me completely exhausted by the end. We met some colorful characters, ate a lot of delicious food, and learned a few fun facts about love bugs (the male is the smaller and they are considered Ďbeneficial insectsí because they eat decaying plant matter when in the larval stage. They donít sting or bite but can cause problems clogging up the front grill of vehicles.)

I canít wait to relive the trip through this report and hope that youíll enjoy following along!

Since I had a bit of writer's block in starting this, I think I'll leave off there for now. But here's a little game called 'Where in WDW was this picture taken?':

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/...8/IMG_5540.jpg

Any guesses?

Joyciemc 05-10-2011 10:03 PM

Day 1: Did I just say donut? Part one, Part two, Part three, Part four

Day 2: I got my flippy floppies. Part one
, Part two, Part three

Day 3: Didn't know there was a parking lot there... Part one.
Part two.

Day 4: What's sadder than a melting snowbaby? Part one
. Part two. Part three.

Day 5: White Rhinos rule! (But fiberglass elephants are just ok) Part one
. Part two. Part three.

Day 6: Epcot all day, baby!

Day 7: Don't you just hate when lunch makes you gag? Part one.
(Dinner was better!) Part two

Bonus chapter! Our next adventure...

Day 8: The beginning of the end. Part one. Part two. Part three.

Exciting update!

Day 9: We meet Fred (and her name was definitely Mary). Part two.

Stefy 05-11-2011 02:38 AM

I'm here and first too :teeth:

Welcome back, glad to hear you had a great time, can't wait to hear all about it :hug:

You look like you are at Brown Derby, but I am most probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off there :laughing:

Nermel9 05-11-2011 05:12 AM

Yay, can't wait to read your TR, welcome back! :banana:

amyrella 05-11-2011 07:07 AM

Yay you are back!! Hope your trip was amazing!! Can't wait to read about it!

JMat 05-11-2011 07:13 AM

Yeeesss :rotfl: so excited to read all about it, subbed in and ready to go <3

Welcome Home! Were there any 'Give A Hoot' sightings on this trip?!

amandaluvsgoofy 05-11-2011 08:11 AM

Welcome home!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!

If I had to take a (horrible) guess, I'd say Liberety Tree Tavern. Although I'm sure that is way off! :laughing:

jakeybake 05-11-2011 08:20 AM

I'm going to say the waiting area at Tony's.

J

klacey1 05-11-2011 08:38 AM

First page?? Yay!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures :goodvibes
I have no clue about the picture...looks like it might be somewhere in Liberty Square or Frontierland, maybe...?

tankgirl427 05-11-2011 08:55 AM

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

pinkxray 05-11-2011 12:02 PM

I'm in. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Kidani and OKW look beautiful, I hope you took a lot of pictures.

As to where in WDW are you? I have no idea. :confused3 It reminds me of an italian restaurant so maybe Tutto or Tony's?

Shannon84 05-11-2011 12:38 PM

Found your TR randomly and I am joining in :cool1:

Joyciemc 05-11-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefy (Post 41066555)
I'm here and first too :teeth:

Welcome back, glad to hear you had a great time, can't wait to hear all about it :hug:

You look like you are at Brown Derby, but I am most probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off there :laughing:

You're quick! Thanks for joining in!

Not the Brown Derby...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nermel9 (Post 41066800)
Yay, can't wait to read your TR, welcome back! :banana:

Thanks! I can't wait to write it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyrella (Post 41067415)
Yay you are back!! Hope your trip was amazing!! Can't wait to read about it!

It was amazing! And I had no idea there were so many new things for us to do... we didn't even get to them all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMat (Post 41067455)
Yeeesss :rotfl: so excited to read all about it, subbed in and ready to go <3

Welcome Home! Were there any 'Give A Hoot' sightings on this trip?!

There may have been a Hoot sighting... but Ben was SUPER excited about another shirt he found... more on that later (Kris probably already has it :laughing: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy (Post 41068022)
Welcome home!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!

If I had to take a (horrible) guess, I'd say Liberety Tree Tavern. Although I'm sure that is way off! :laughing:

Not a bad guess! But not right, either :rotfl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeybake (Post 41068105)
I'm going to say the waiting area at Tony's.

J

Welcome and thanks for reading!
Not Tony's either...

Quote:

Originally Posted by klacey1 (Post 41068287)
First page?? Yay!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures :goodvibes
I have no clue about the picture...looks like it might be somewhere in Liberty Square or Frontierland, maybe...?

First page!
It is somewhere in Liberty Square

Quote:

Originally Posted by tankgirl427 (Post 41068480)
Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I'll try and post soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkxray (Post 41070920)
I'm in. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Kidani and OKW look beautiful, I hope you took a lot of pictures.

As to where in WDW are you? I have no idea. :confused3 It reminds me of an italian restaurant so maybe Tutto or Tony's?

They are both beautiful resorts! I didn't take as many pictures as I meant to, but we do have lots to share.
Nope, not a restaurant!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon84 (Post 41071476)
Found your TR randomly and I am joining in :cool1:

Glad you found it, and glad you're reading!

Your PTR is one of the titles that keeps catching my eye, but I haven't read yet. Will correct that oversight now! :goodvibes

emma212010 05-11-2011 06:07 PM

:wave2: Joining in! Excited to read :goodvibes

khertz 05-11-2011 08:54 PM

Joining in! I was a somewhat of a lurker on your PTR but looking forward to reading the TR!

Is it the Hall of Presidents??