The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney for Families (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon with a toddler (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2679664)

scrappinginontario 03-16-2011 09:21 AM

Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon with a toddler
 
I will be at Disney in August with my 2yo daughter and 12yo niece. We have a couple of days that are not linked with dining reservations within actual parks so given the time of year I'm thinking of taking them to either BB or TL one day.

What have been your experiences with a toddler at either of these parks? Is one more kid friendly than the other? My 2yo is pretty outgoing and doesn't mind getting her face wet so we might be able to try a mild water slide (if such a thing exists) where you sit in a large tube.

Thanks for any info you can share!

waffles77 03-16-2011 09:28 AM

I would suggest Blizzard Beach. I have gone there a couple of times with kids under 3 and they had a great time. There is a toddler area with smaller slides, but as you mentioned that your little one is adventurous, they also have a family tube ride that is lots of fun.

There are also plenty of slides for the 12 yo as well.

stashbin 03-16-2011 09:37 AM

Water parks gross me out. :scared1:
I guess I am weird.

KelnRon 03-16-2011 10:16 AM

I haven't been to Blizzard Beach but we have done Typhoon Lagoon 2X with our now 4 year old. She loved it both times we went (at exactly 2 & 3 yrs. old). Last year my 10mo old loved it too! I'm sure both of the water parks would be great and you won't go wrong with either of them!

GrnMtnMan 03-16-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinginontario (Post 40341344)
I will be at Disney in August with my 2yo daughter and 12yo niece. We have a couple of days that are not linked with dining reservations within actual parks so given the time of year I'm thinking of taking them to either BB or TL one day.

What have been your experiences with a toddler at either of these parks? Is one more kid friendly than the other? My 2yo is pretty outgoing and doesn't mind getting her face wet so we might be able to try a mild water slide (if such a thing exists) where you sit in a large tube.

Thanks for any info you can share!

Both have great areas for kids that age. Which is better depends on how adventurous your kid is.

I'd say TL's kid area is a bit more tame, but would be the better option if she is a bit timid. BB's kiddie area (not preteen area) has a few more adventurous slides, which may or may not be appropriate for a 2 year old.

I took my then 27 month old daughter to both parks, and we had a great time at both. She wasn't ready for the bigger slides at either location then but still had lots of fun.

I say go to both.

pouncingpluto 02-19-2012 02:25 PM

Bumping this-- we will be going in early April with our daughter, who will be not-quite 14 months. So, a very young toddler. Anyone want to weigh in on BB v. TL for her?

We prefer TL for ourselves, bc of the island atmosphere, but we've never paid attention to what the water parks had for little kids.

clara77 02-19-2012 02:34 PM

Was wondering the same thing myself with an almost 3 year old!

GrnMtnMan 02-21-2012 08:10 AM

One thing to note for you both: the BB area has a fairly significant wading pool area. If you're concerned about a foot of water or so, please account for this. The TL kiddie area has no wading pools....just some tiny river type spots, and I don't think there are any areas that are more than ankle deep.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pouncingpluto (Post 44075229)
Bumping this-- we will be going in early April with our daughter, who will be not-quite 14 months. So, a very young toddler. Anyone want to weigh in on BB v. TL for her?

We prefer TL for ourselves, bc of the island atmosphere, but we've never paid attention to what the water parks had for little kids.

As I said above, the TL kiddie area is a bit more tame than the BB one. There's a soft & wet play area at TL, and some tiny slides that might be appropriate for a 14 month old.
Quote:

Originally Posted by clara77 (Post 44075304)
Was wondering the same thing myself with an almost 3 year old!

A 3 year old is a toss-up. Is s/he pretty brave or somewhat timid? The BB slides are a bit bigger and are right for a more adventurous kid.

pouncingpluto 02-26-2012 10:09 AM

Thanks! Sounds like TL is the right choice for us this year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.