The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sister Wives (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677690)

Magic Mom 03-13-2011 04:04 PM

Sister Wives

I've just been watching some episodes....and I'm speechless. I can't imagine living like that.

Conservative Hippie 03-13-2011 04:07 PM

It's like a train wreck...I can't look away (just like Toddlers & Tiaras). But, I also secretly watch Big Love. Shhhhhhhh......don't tell anyone.

Sugardimples 03-13-2011 04:08 PM

I'm watching too! The new season starts tonight.

eliza61 03-13-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie (Post 40305444)
It's like a train wreck...I can't look away (just like Toddlers & Tiaras). But, I also secretly watch Big Love. Shhhhhhhh......don't tell anyone.

exactly! I'm speechless, which is darn near impossible fr me.

Magic Mom 03-13-2011 04:14 PM

He seems like a con man to me.

dislaney 03-13-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic Mom (Post 40305542)
He seems like a con man to me.

I really think he's creepy but he sure doesn't seem to have any problems finding women, wives, whatever?!?:eek:

Magic Mom 03-13-2011 04:22 PM

CAn you imagine your husband of 20 years coming home and saying "Guess what, I'm in love. She's way younger (and thinner) than you. I know your feelings are hurt, but she's great and you'll get used to her. I'm going to marry her, and I'd like you to watch her kids while I take her on a romantic honeymoon. Okay?"

lovetoscrap 03-13-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic Mom (Post 40305648)
CAn you imagine your husband of 20 years coming home and saying "Guess what, I'm in love. She's way younger (and thinner) than you. I know your feelings are hurt, but she's great and you'll get used to her. I'm going to marry her, and I'd like you to watch her kids while I take her on a romantic honeymoon. Okay?"

the kind of honeymoon I didn't take you on. . .

Bertie9396 03-13-2011 04:26 PM

I agree with a pp who said it's like a train wreck...you keep tuning in. I'll probably watch it tonight.

Oh and I looooove Big Love. I love Bill Paxton. I don't get HBO so I used to watch it on another channel but now I can never find it. :(

Magic Mom 03-13-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetoscrap (Post 40305679)
the kind of honeymoon I didn't take you on. . .

I tell you what, I'd be handing him the phonebook with "daycare" bookmarked before I sat home and watched her kids. And my butt would be on a plane for my own vacation.

dreamin_disney 03-13-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic Mom (Post 40305648)

I'd tell him to pack his bags and get his :)ss out!

It would not be ok with me or our DD. I wouldnt want to be with anyone that no longer loves me and feels it would be ok to desrespect me by forcing me to except another women in our relationship.

I wonder if big love or whatever his name is would be ok with one of his wives saying I want to marry this younger, good looking, hot body guy. No way would he put up with it

DawnM 03-13-2011 04:40 PM

What is Big Love?

I tried to watch the Sister Wives show and it made me sick to watch. I haven't seen it since.

Dawn

clarabelle 03-13-2011 04:54 PM

Big Love is a fictional TV show about a polygamist
and his 3 wives

Conservative Hippie 03-13-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertie9396 (Post 40305707)
I agree with a pp who said it's like a train wreck...you keep tuning in. I'll probably watch it tonight.

Oh and I looooove Big Love. I love Bill Paxton. I don't get HBO so I used to watch it on another channel but now I can never find it. :(

I don't get HBO, so I get Big Love on Netflix. So I'm a season behind! I just finished season 4 and I'll probably have to wait a year to get season 5 on DVD.

AristocatFan 03-13-2011 05:40 PM

I tried watching Sister Wives too and couldn't do it. I just can't get my brain around the whole polygamist concept so I read Shattered Dreams: My Life as a Polygamists Wife by Irene Spencer....didn't help. But it was a good story that left me with even more questions!