The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dream a Little Dream With Me - 4/3 Final two posts!!!! Hope to see you real soon! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2667066)

Happydog 02-27-2011 02:30 PM

Dream a Little Dream With Me - 4/3 Final two posts!!!! Hope to see you real soon!

This is a very exciting TR for me to write :goodvibes

I just got off the Disney Dream! :yay: :yay: - a cruise that we booked last February when we were on the Wonder taking a short cruise, just DH and I. I hadn’t really been watching the time tick away, but after Christmas it really hit home that we were going to be onboard the new ship in a few short months! :cloud9:

Let me say I have totally enjoyed the past DCL adventures we have had, but this one was AMAZING! We are not avid cruisers, in fact we have never taken our kids!, but I think this last cruise, and the next few we now have planned, is the beginning of a “beautiful friend SHIP…” Yeah, yeah, sorry for the corny joke! Still am giddy after all the fun we had! :laughing:

SO… let the fun begin! First, the lowdown and the trip details:

Feb 19th Arrive at MCO, one day car rental, and an overnight at BLT – MK view!

Feb 20th Check out of BLT, and head down to Port Canaveral for our adventure aboard the Disney Dream!

Feb 20th – 24th A four night cruise!!! Nassau, Castaway Cay and 2 day/nights at sea.

Feb 24th return home, rested, and tan… :laughing:

SO, I am Happy Dog on the DIS, just by way of introductions! For those of you who don’t know me, I am a mom of two boys, and my DH is a great guy, who actually enjoys himself at Disney – he is not a “head over heels no where BUT Disney” kind of guy, but he appreciates the amazing attention to detail, the entertainment value, the showmanship involved, and he enjoys eating… :laughing: He also recognizes that our kids LOVE going. So it has become a great family place for us. We are fortunate enough to vacation many other places, too, so we have been able to find balance. He also loves a good deal when it comes to Disney, and we have had our share of luck that way, these February cruises included!

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/v...ise2011144.jpg

Here is DH at Castaway Cay… You will see lots of him in this TR, but less of me, so here I am, on embarkation day!, sitting in the chair of all chairs…. Cinderella’s!!!!

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/v...e2011038-1.jpg

This mosaic is a replica of those in Cinderella’s castle at the Magic Kingdom…there are two onboard. I have photos of both (the other is on the opposite side of the ship’s lobby which has a blue chair for the prince I guess!)

DH and I justified this cruise as our “scouting” mission… :magnify: ... last year we had booked TWO cruises, this one we just returned from, AND a family cruise in June, the 5 night cruise with two stops at Castaway Cay! Since we would be on the Dream, we wanted to check things out ahead of time. If you want to follow our Summer plans, which is 5 nights on the Dream and 5 nights at Disney's Vero Beach, see the link below in my signature, or click, HERE.

I have tons of photos, both from our pre-cruise fun and the ship. I am setting up my TR by the day, and will focus on some of the highlights and features of the ship that I think my fellow DISer pals would want to know…
I will also give you a list of “tips” that I came up with, just observing others, and my own recommendations based on our experience this time. :thumbsup2

Without a doubt, I love Disney, and Disney makes it really easy to love Disney Cruise Line!!!! :lovestruc

Hope you will join me! :wave2:

Native NYer 02-27-2011 02:43 PM

Yay!!! You started!!!

Happydog 02-27-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native NYer (Post 40113867)
Yay!!! You started!!!

YEP! I sure did! This is going to be a fun TR to write!!!! :thumbsup2 More later! Gotta take advantage of the 60 degree weather!!! :goodvibes Boys are outgrowing the house today :laughing:

Native NYer 02-27-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happydog (Post 40113892)
YEP! I sure did! This is going to be a fun TR to write!!!! :thumbsup2 More later! Gotta take advantage of the 60 degree weather!!! :goodvibes Boys are outgrowing the house today :laughing:

I can't wait!!! :yay:
I'll be back later to read some more. About to take a walk/run by the bay. :goodvibes

Happydog 02-27-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native NYer (Post 40113956)
I can't wait!!! :yay:
I'll be back later to read some more. About to take a walk/run by the bay. :goodvibes

Great! And you are first! SO YAY for that, too! :laughing: Enjoy being outside!

KayW 02-27-2011 03:06 PM

We were on the same trip. Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

teachermommy78 02-27-2011 03:30 PM

Subbing! You are the first diser I've followed since jointing the board from PTR to TR! It's so much fun seeing the whole journey!

SoonerGirl 02-27-2011 03:30 PM

I'm here HD!! So, so, so excited to hear about this trip!

You look absolutely pretty as a princess sitting in Cinderella's chair :goodvibes

MrsKP 02-27-2011 03:31 PM

looking forward to your report and photos

Mom2CJ&Kitty 02-27-2011 04:18 PM

Subbing! Can't wait to hear more!!

lovegrumpy 02-27-2011 04:51 PM

Yea you started. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Disneymoon09 02-27-2011 04:52 PM

very excited to follow along!

Dugette 02-27-2011 05:43 PM

I'm here and anxious to hear all about the Dream!

Wadekind 02-27-2011 05:53 PM

subbing

dddisrunner 02-27-2011 06:04 PM

I'm onboard too:lmao: Ive been anxiously waiting for this TR! WELCOME HOME!:goodvibes