The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Weddings and Honeymoons (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Memories Weddings and VRs! Chat Here! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648582)

SeptemberGirl 02-02-2011 07:32 AM

Memories Weddings and VRs! Chat Here!
 
Hi Ladies!

I thought it would be nice to have a place to talk about Memories weddings and VRs! Past, present, and future!

Here's a link to the thread with pictures of the venues:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2589374

Tell us as many details as you want! Names, date of event, years together, location, officiant, limo or in-room celebration, music played, any add-ons, and of course what you wore/will wear! Pictures welcome! :goodvibes

mommary 02-02-2011 08:05 AM

There have been a few links going on about this the past few weeks but happy to respond again.
I hope to do a Memories VR in Oct for our 35th wedding anniversary. I can call in April to book my date but I do have my hotel reservations (BLT) and my flights are booked.
I even have a dress that has been in my closet ( never worn) that I think will be perfect for a VR. I will look around later in the year but right now I'm thinking its the one.
As things progress I will be happy to post my information.
It seems I can't get enough of this topic....... could be that I stuck in quite a bit these days due to lousy weather in the northeast!!!:surfweb:

stitchaholic 02-02-2011 08:10 AM

:love: just signed the contract for ours on july 30th luau cove 9:00am :banana:

I know there is little to plan for a memories package, but we are super excited, we had such a hard time deciding where to have our wedding and changed our minds so many times.
We talked about ellopping, but I have 2 kids, and we wanted them to be a part of this.
I wanted to be married on the beach, this is my only dream I had for my wedding day, I never wanted a big white poofy wedding, I am very simple and that's how I wanted my wedding day to be.
we first looked at jamaica, then we decided to make it more family friendly and look into the escape package so that family could attend, this became a nightmare with people worried about traveling because of finances coupled with time off, I was so dissapointed that this wouldn't work out :sad2:
so we were going to try and have a simple backyard BBQ wedding, but if you have tried to organize even the simplest of weedings, you will find that even those are not so simple and require alot of time and decisions. I was stressed and dissapointed, so much so that we started looking at beach vacations for march break and were just going to tie the knot in the carribean, but we already had this trip booked and mostly paid for, another vacation was out of the question. Just when I was at my wits end, I went to vote for some of our fellow DISser's on the wedding blog, and started to look at DFTW website again and tripped over the memories package , the perfect package for us :banana:
we signed the contract today :cool1:

SeptemberGirl 02-02-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommary (Post 39796791)
There have been a few links going on about this the past few weeks but happy to respond again.
I hope to do a Memories VR in Oct for our 35th wedding anniversary. I can call in April to book my date but I do have my hotel reservations (BLT) and my flights are booked.
I even have a dress that has been in my closet ( never worn) that I think will be perfect for a VR. I will look around later in the year but right now I'm thinking its the one.
As things progress I will be happy to post my information.
It seems I can't get enough of this topic....... could be that I stuck in quite a bit these days due to lousy weather in the northeast!!!:surfweb:

35 years! Congratulations!!!

If I remember - from reading every thread on this! stalker! :lmao: - you are going just the two of you?

Ohhh, BLT! Wonderful! Are you DVC members? We keep talking about DVC!

It's totally the weather! I am in NJ, too, close to the shore, and it is awful!

SeptemberGirl 02-02-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchaholic (Post 39796864)
:love: just signed the contract for ours on july 30th luau cove 9:00am :banana:

I know there is little to plan for a memories package, but we are super excited, we had such a hard time deciding where to have our wedding and changed our minds so many times.
We talked about ellopping, but I have 2 kids, and we wanted them to be a part of this.
I wanted to be married on the beach, this is my only dream I had for my wedding day, I never wanted a big white poofy wedding, I am very simple and that's how I wanted my wedding day to be.
we first looked at jamaica, then we decided to make it more family friendly and look into the escape package so that family could attend, this became a nightmare with people worried about traveling because of finances coupled with time off, I was so dissapointed that this wouldn't work out :sad2:
so we were going to try and have a simple backyard BBQ wedding, but if you have tried to organize even the simplest of weedings, you will find that even those are not so simple and require alot of time and decisions. I was stressed and dissapointed, so much so that we started looking at beach vacations for march break and were just going to tie the knot in the carribean, but we already had this trip booked and mostly paid for, another vacation was out of the question. Just when I was at my wits end, I went to vote for some of our fellow DISser's on the wedding blog, and started to look at DFTW website again and tripped over the memories package , the perfect package for us :banana:
we signed the contract today :cool1:

So excited for you!!!! :cool1:

Luau Cove is my choice, too - sooo pretty! It sounds like the ideal package for your wedding. Are you going to do anything with the boys, or just keep it super simple? Do you have a dress picked out? Any other details? Love to hear about all of them!:goodvibes

stitchaholic 02-02-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl (Post 39797026)
So excited for you!!!! :cool1:

Luau Cove is my choice, too - sooo pretty! It sounds like the ideal package for your wedding. Are you going to do anything with the boys, or just keep it super simple? Do you have a dress picked out? Any other details? Love to hear about all of them!:goodvibes

thanks ! when is your date ?

I still have all the details to work out, my DD will be my MOH and my DS will be BM, we definitly want them to feel a part of it , I am not only gaining a really great husband, but they are gaining a stepdad that cares for them like they are his own, a celebration of a new family of sorts.
so I will update on the planning as all this happened withen 5 days , now that the contract is signed and almost delivered...., let the planning begin !

SeptemberGirl 02-02-2011 09:12 AM

Here's my plan!

As you can see from my picture, (I'm on the right) I spend most of my DIS time on the WISH board, whining about my (now stalled) weight loss and forcing myself to do races so I get to hang out with my DBFFs (Disney best friends). :lmao: They are a group of ladies I met on the DIS three years ago, and we support each other in weight loss and exercising and meet up to do races! We will be at the Princess Half in three weeks!

My DH and I have been together 14 years, married 11.5. We will celebrate our 12th anniversary this August, and in the fall it will be 15 years since we started dating. We have a DD, 6, who loves Disney and has been to the World 4 times. Excessive, I know! :goodvibes It's been 11.5 years since my DH and I went to WDW ALONE! Our honeymoon was August of 1999, and since then all trips together have been with our daughter and sometimes with my parents, too. Oh, and with my race team! :rotfl: Yes, he met all the girls and survived!

We talked about renewing our vows, as we have been through a lot in the last few years. We are fully committed to each other and really want to honor that with something special. We thought about having our DD there but we really want a special, grown up trip. For another, bigger anniversary, we can do a party at home with family and she can be there. This is just for us. Although I am sure I will struggle with not bringing her! She won't go this year at all...I know, not a big deal, but I feel bad as I am going to do the race and not bringing her! Ack!

So no date yet. Either this fall, or next Jan. I would love this October, our 15 years together. I have to see how things work out - we have talked about an October trip, so it's just getting through this winter now and looking at calendars! We will do Luau Cove because the very first thing DH said to me about this was "let's renew our vows at Disney, at the Poly.". :thumbsup2

I will wear something very simple, sundress like. Knowing my DH, he will wear khaki pants, sandals, and my bets are on this white breezy shirt he bought for vacations and summer! I'd love to celebrate that night at Cali Grill.

mommary 02-02-2011 09:54 AM

Yes, it will be just the two of us. As you might suspect from the number of years we are married that my kids are quite old. DS 33,DD's 31,29.

My girls and I are going on a 3 night cruise on the Dream for the younger one's 30th birthday the first week of October. The VR thing really just happened when I saw a e mail about it 3 weeks ago. Its something I have always wanted to do and the price, I feel, is reasonable for what we're getting.

Since the girls are already taking off for the cruise its just to difficult for them to get off again especially since one of them is in the food industry.
DS like his dad is not quite the fan the girls are so he has no problem with us going off on our own.

I think I will have the VR at Conch Key at the GF since it is a little more on the remote side. My husband is willing to do this for me though he is not jumping up and down about it so I figured a quite location will be better for him.
That being said he has always supported my Disney mania and I own vacation club memberships at BLT's and WL. He and I have had several wonderful trips there and I just go off and run around the parks while he sits back and "works" at the pools!!!!

I congratulate everyone on all their upcoming events, I look forward to hearing about all the planning and I can't wait until I can call and book my date.

So far my plans are Conch Key, 3pm, tea at Garden view.

Here is a question... our anniversary is on the 23rd, a Sunday. I thought I wanted to do it on the date but in following the boards and deciding that I am going to do the "in room celebration", I am now thinking I should do it the day before. This way we can enjoy the amenities a bit longer. We can have our "tea" on Saturday and then a great dinner on our anniversary at the California Grill ( my favorite restaurant).
So should I follow my sentimental side and do it on the "date" ?

Thanks to all

Heading out now for the third time to get the ice off my car!!!!:scared1:

stitchaholic 02-02-2011 11:15 AM

I see everyone here is a fan of CG, we have never done any of the signature dinning. We had originally planned on staying close by the villa and eating at jiko for our marriage celebration dinner (my parents will have the kids for the 1 night), but the menu at CG seemed more interesting to us, coupled with the fireworks view and sushi:cloud9:, but the dinning thread reviews have been awful lately, making me second guess my choices....

mommary 02-02-2011 03:28 PM

I have never had a bad meal at the CG, the sushi is amazing especially that dragon roll thing!!!!

LittleStinkerbelle 02-02-2011 06:28 PM

Here are my details:goodvibes:

date of event: October 2010
years together: 10
location: Conch Key Marina
officiant: Rev. Miller
limo or in-room celebration: In-room celebration
music played: Canon in D, When You Wish Upon a Star, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah
bouquet choice: Rose and hydrangea (pink/white)
any add-ons: "Circle of Love" rose petals, 8x8 hardcover photobook, print package
what you wore: A platinum-colored cocktail dress with beading at the waist
hair/make-up: Beaute Speciale
DPS Photographer: Regina
Post-ceremony meal: Tea at the Gardenview Lounge

stitchaholic 02-02-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle (Post 39805790)
Here are my details:goodvibes:

date of event: October 2010
years together: 10
location: Conch Key Marina
officiant: Rev. Miller
limo or in-room celebration: In-room celebration
music played: Canon in D, When You Wish Upon a Star, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah
bouquet choice: Rose and hydrangea (pink/white)
any add-ons: "Circle of Love" rose petals, 8x8 hardcover photobook, print package
what you wore: A platinum-colored cocktail dress with beading at the waist
hair/make-up: Beaute Speciale
DPS Photographer: Regina
Post-ceremony meal: Tea at the Gardenview Lounge

do you have any photo's you can share with us ?

lizbd23 02-02-2011 07:15 PM

Our Memories Collection Wedding
 
Cast: Me (Liz) and Lorne - We were hoping his family from Michigan could make it but they can't (even with nine months notice) We're now getting excited to be just the two of us!

Date: August 2011 (Getting Close to the time to book!!:cool1:)

Years together: We're finally getting married after ten years together!

Location: Hopefully Luau Beach/Cove

Theme: UP/Vintage Disney - Ok . . .I know with a small package there isn't much room for a theme. But, we live here in Orlando and will be having a small dinner/reception at our apartment the weekend after. I'm going crazy with all the reception ideas. I can't wait!

Everything Else: My dress is actually a tea length Alfred Sung bridesmaid dress in Snow White (perfect color for a Disney Wedding). I'm adding a crinoline in bright pink and a large pink sash to add a little Vintage 1950's feel. He will be wearing a tan suit with some really cool leather converse sneakers.

We're also hoping on having a bridal photo session at DHS. The vintage feel of the park would be a great back drop and fit our theme. Plus, my DF is a HUGE star wars fan so star tours pics are a must! With no family attending and living spread across the country, our pics are going to be their way of being at our wedding. So, we might also add some extra photo time onto our Ceremony as well.

On a side note: I'm starting to freak out about what to do next. I called Disney before Christmas (they weren't very informative at that time) and they said to call back at the six month mark. That's this weekend. So do I have to call right on the six month mark? Can it be a little before? How does the whole contract signing go for a Memories Collection wedding? AGHHHH so many questions!

Anyone else feel this way? I guess I'm just a worry wart :laughing:

Any help calming my nerves would be greatly appreciated!:lovestruc

stitchaholic 02-03-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

On a side note: I'm starting to freak out about what to do next. I called Disney before Christmas (they weren't very informative at that time) and they said to call back at the six month mark. That's this weekend. So do I have to call right on the six month mark? Can it be a little before? How does the whole contract signing go for a Memories Collection wedding? AGHHHH so many questions!
I would call them today so that you will get a call back from a co-ordinator either tomorrow or by monday for sure.
once you get the call, they will ask your information and your requests, then send an e-mail with information they need from you, and shortly after they send you the contract, you have 14 days to sign it and send it in with the 500.00 deposit.
they also send you all the info on officiants, disney cosmetology and info on the memories package
good luck :thumbsup2

lizbd23 02-03-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchaholic (Post 39810499)
I would call them today so that you will get a call back from a co-ordinator either tomorrow or by monday for sure.
once you get the call, they will ask your information and your requests, then send an e-mail with information they need from you, and shortly after they send you the contract, you have 14 days to sign it and send it in with the 500.00 deposit.
they also send you all the info on officiants, disney cosmetology and info on the memories package
good luck :thumbsup2

Thank you! I'll definitely do that!:thumbsup2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.