The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Couples Swedish Massage on Dream... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2642656)

vavalynn2 01-25-2011 06:23 PM

Couples Swedish Massage on Dream...

:goodvibesAre these offered in those rooms with the balcony and hot tub?

Is this a good massage for two people who have never had them?

Times are only left near our dinner- should we take a reservation before or after dinner?

Any help appreciated. We have not spent any times at spas, but thought this might be fun.

-Thanks!!

smacky1 01-25-2011 06:30 PM

I would not recommend getting a massage after dinner. Before would be better.

inkkognito 01-25-2011 06:36 PM

Yes, those rooms with the hot tubs are couples villas where you can get a massage together (although I personally won't because Tony snores). Very lovely, decadent experience, although pricey.

disneymom3588 01-25-2011 06:48 PM

If you book one and you decide you want or need to cancel it what is the policy. When will you need to cancel it by?

MCourtney 01-25-2011 07:59 PM

We get a couples massage almost every trip. They are awesome! But not cheap. They do leave your body mushy, and a bit greasy. It's like you are in lala land. So for me, I would have mine after dinner because it takes me forever to get ready - especially if I have to wash my hair which you will after one of these.

I also highly recommend the hot stones couples massage.

We usually head to the hot tub after, then back to the cabin and have wine on the balcony. :thumbsup2

vavalynn2 01-26-2011 05:57 PM

I think it might just be worth the splurge. I am not sure where else we are going spend our money since we are not big drinkers.

I guess I will try anything once.... :goodvibes

Fatima1922 01-26-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCourtney (Post 39693059)
We get a couples massage almost every trip. They are awesome! But not cheap. They do leave your body mushy, and a bit greasy. It's like you are in lala land. So for me, I would have mine after dinner because it takes me forever to get ready - especially if I have to wash my hair which you will after one of these.

I also highly recommend the hot stones couples massage.

We usually head to the hot tub after, then back to the cabin and have wine on the balcony. :thumbsup2

I would love to try the hot stone couple massage but I don't see it offered. Can you request it instead of the swedish?

dattlighner<3Disney 02-25-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatima1922 (Post 39708311)
I would love to try the hot stone couple massage but I don't see it offered. Can you request it instead of the swedish?

We had a Swedish Massage booked on our cruise, but when we went to our appointment, our massage therapists asked if we wanted to "upgrade" to a hot stone massage. We said yes! and it was definitely worth it!!! :goodvibes