The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Lots of Characters, Lots of Firsts but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN!! 3/21 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2564681)

Charlefours 09-27-2010 02:22 PM

Lots of Characters, Lots of Firsts but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN!! 3/21

:wave2: Hello and Welcome :welcome: to my first TR! I set out almost a year ago writing my first PTR, 1 Child 10 Adults A GG to Celebrate DD’s 4th Bday, so I could have a place to write out thoughts and feeling when I embarked on planning my family’s first vacation. My husband and I had been once before but we went with who I call the “Disney Master” so she planned the whole trip, except she let us have input on where we would stay. It was a great introduction to Disney for DH and me but we knew we wanted to do things differently this go around.

The Nitty Gritty Details:
Dates: September 11-18th (along with two travel dates on either side of the date range)
Why: To Celebrate DD’s 4th birthday (and her first trip)
Transportation: We Drove :car:
Resort: Coronado Springs Resort
Perks: Free Disney Dining Plan!

I hope you all will stick around as I dive into discussing our trip but I warn you: not all was magical and I will share some less than stellar parts. So if you are looking for a TR that is glamorized through rose colored glasses this is not it—keep on moving! :laughing: If you want to read about how our trip really went, what worked and what did not, tips on surviving a grand gathering, balancing and juggling five grandparents and one grandchild, what I learned along the way and why we say NEVER AGAIN, feel free to read along and comment!! I would love feedback on what you would like to read about or any questions that I may be able to answer.

Come enjoy my vacation rollercoaster!!

**When I put up an update, I will add the date to the title of the TR. I cannot add much more than that as I have almost maxed out the space with the title itself. :laughing:

Table of Contents of the posts--click here!

KatMark 09-27-2010 02:28 PM

I'm here...and so glad you are doing a TR. :) And I'm first. YAHOO!!!!

lexmas 09-27-2010 02:35 PM

Oh my...I am VERY excited, and terrified. We're doing an extended family trip in January/February, and we don't all get along well in the best of circumstances. This should be quite the adventure! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

dismagiclover 09-27-2010 02:54 PM

I'm in too:)

BabyEeyore 09-27-2010 03:04 PM

I'm in.

jenny105 09-27-2010 03:14 PM

I'm in. Though your title sounds very ominous. :laughing:

MaryAz 09-27-2010 03:25 PM

First Page Yay!!! Can't wait to read all about it!! Hopefully never again to the family GG not Disney!!! My new TR is going to be a reality based one as well. Is that a new ticker I see??? I may be sporting a similar one soon

disney<333 09-27-2010 04:00 PM

Present!

DisneyLilly 09-27-2010 04:00 PM

I'm in!

Princess654 09-27-2010 04:03 PM

I'm in :)

mousescrapper 09-27-2010 04:21 PM

I'm in too popcorn::

hoping the NEVER AGAIN part refers to some of the extended family part or the driving...and not Disney :goodvibes

can't wait to hear all the bad and GOOD too....got to keep it real.

Ok and I see the ticker...so some good stuff happend :yay:

wlwilliams9 09-27-2010 04:27 PM

I am SOOOOO in!!popcorn::

Charlefours 09-27-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatMark (Post 38383522)
I'm here...and so glad you are doing a TR. :) And I'm first. YAHOO!!!!

:welcome: Hi Kathy!! Thanks! It will have to be a slow moving TR because of how much I have going on right now but I think it will be fun (and interesting).

:yay: for being first!!

Charlefours 09-27-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexmas (Post 38383606)
Oh my...I am VERY excited, and terrified. We're doing an extended family trip in January/February, and we don't all get along well in the best of circumstances. This should be quite the adventure! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

:welcome:

:laughing: We had good moments and not so good moments, don't be terrified. Thanks for joining in Christa!

DisneyGuess 09-27-2010 05:32 PM

All in here!! popcorn::popcorn:::cheer2::cheer2: