The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Transportation (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Help for a newbie! Easy way from AKL to various areas within WDW!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2558513)

disneynova 09-18-2010 07:01 PM

Help for a newbie! Easy way from AKL to various areas within WDW!!

Hello! Please could you help me plan the easiest way of transportation from Animal Kingdom Lodge to the Polynesian Resort? You know how long it takes to get there? I have no idea how long it would take. :confused3This is my first trip to WDW so any information, recommendations or suggestions are helpful. Thanks for all who are so well informed and ready to help! :love2:

Lewisc 09-18-2010 07:07 PM

You'll take a bus from the AKL to EPCOT, DHS, DTD, AK and the MK. Best way to go to the POLY is bus to MK then boat to POLY. Bus to MK then walk (or monorail) to Contemporary.

bcuinohio 09-18-2010 07:09 PM

I would take bus to MK and take either the boat or the monorail to the Poly. I think the boat goes to the GF first but it is a nice ride.

kaytieeldr 09-18-2010 07:17 PM

I'm going to answer all your questions in one: Take the bus. There will be different - labeled - buses picking up at AKL going to each of your PARK destinations. To get to another RESORT, simply transfer to the appropriate bus, monorail, or boat. Everything is WELL-marked, and there are plenty of Cast Members to ask. As for how long it takes to get anywhere, your best resource is the time chart in any recent edition of 'The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World'.

goofy4tink 09-19-2010 06:35 AM

Okay...here goes...
When at AKL, and wanting to get to any MK resort (GF, Polyn, CR, WL)..take the MK bus from AKL and either walk, monorail or boat to the desired resort.
Walk to the CR, boat to WL, boat or monorail to GF and Polynesian.
Trying to get to an Epcot resort? BW, YC/BC, S/D....take the bus to DHS and either walk or boat to these resorts. Walking, via the sidewalk takes about 15 mins to BW, 18 mins to S/D and about 20 mins to YC/BC.

There will be buses from the AKL running directly to all parks as well as DTD. Just go out to the bus stops, in front of the AKL, and wait for the appropriate bus. The buses will be well marked with their destination.

goofy4tink 09-19-2010 10:38 AM

As noted in other threads, I have changed this threads title to emcompass all the requests to various areas from AKL for the OP. It should be much easier to figure out what is being said now.

Carry on with your help and info guys!!

Missytara 09-20-2010 10:36 AM

I can tell you each time I get a little more adventurous and try out the different modes of transportation, but the first time it is usually best to stick to just the buses. Or take a taxi, when in doubt.

On later trips, I started using the water transportation more and more and it is really, really fun.

It doesn't seem like a real vacation unless you leave the driving to someone else. I have been spoiled by Disney.

disneynova 09-25-2010 06:55 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies! My questions have been answered!!!! :thanks: