The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Booking Disney hotels through Travelocity? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531442)

eecteacher82 08-12-2010 12:33 PM

Booking Disney hotels through Travelocity?
 
I was just searching Travelocity for cheap hotels for our weekend Disney getaway and Pop came up as an option...for a great price....My question is, has anyone ever booked a Disney hotel through Travelocity? If so, did you have any problems when checking in, etc? Thanks!

PixieDustLove 08-12-2010 02:21 PM

i booked the wilderness lodge through orbitz once.. it was a standard room and it was a great rate. no problems at check in and we were actually given a courtyard view room! the only difference with book through those websites and disney is that that you usually have to pay the full amount at booking.. disney only has you pay the first night at booking.

eecteacher82 08-12-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixieDustLove (Post 37790254)
i booked the wilderness lodge through orbitz once.. it was a standard room and it was a great rate. no problems at check in and we were actually given a courtyard view room! the only difference with book through those websites and disney is that that you usually have to pay the full amount at booking.. disney only has you pay the first night at booking.

Thank you!

tlcslp 08-12-2010 04:33 PM

Careful...we booked thru Expedia and b/c we didn't go thru WDW directly, there are ways they get you back! For instance, we CANNOT add a DP to our stay. We can't checkin online. Those are for "WDW travel clients only". Not huge, but enough to make us go thru WDW next time so we don't get punished!:confused3

KELLY 08-12-2010 05:39 PM

We went threw disney for our package. But my stepson and his GF live in Fl. they just told us they were coming 2 weeks ago. So we needed to get a room at pop. There was no availbilty unless we wanted to pay rack rate. So we went threw orbitz for his room since they are only going to be there 4 of the 10 days we are there. Plus I will get them a FL resdient pass once they get there. I saved 100.00 for 3 nights.

Zerosinthecloset 08-12-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlcslp (Post 37792044)
Careful...we booked thru Expedia and b/c we didn't go thru WDW directly, there are ways they get you back! For instance, we CANNOT add a DP to our stay. We can't checkin online. Those are for "WDW travel clients only". Not huge, but enough to make us go thru WDW next time so we don't get punished!:confused3

We used Expedia for our February trip, and they provided our Disney reservation number to us 10 days before our trip so we could use online checkin. Able to checkin online with no problem.

DiscussDisney 08-12-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerosinthecloset (Post 37793098)
We used Expedia for our February trip, and they provided our Disney reservation number to us 10 days before our trip so we could use online checkin. Able to checkin online with no problem.

Did you have to call Expedia for the number or did they automatically email it to you? Thanks.

Missoutandabout 08-12-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscussDisney (Post 37793720)
Did you have to call Expedia for the number or did they automatically email it to you? Thanks.

I booked our upcoming trip via Expedia about a month ago. When I checked the itinerary a few days after booking it, the Disney reservation number had been added right underneath Expedia's reservation number.

I used the Disney res. number when booking Magical Express online that same week and it worked without any issues -- got our packet yesterday. :)

jcriket 08-12-2010 07:59 PM

We got POR from Travelocity with no problems, Disney had nothing for us, a few weeks out. It kinda makes me wonder though is the reason I can't get a room because these places have bought up all the rooms. There was a time I could call Disney on a Friday night and get rooms for that week end with a Passholder rate. Not no more.

Pakey 08-12-2010 08:05 PM

We did a room only through Expedia and had problems.

We booked a club level room and I had my Expedia printed confirmation. When we got to Yacht Club they had it as a standard room. It was late on a weekend night. Even though I had my printout from Expedia, Disney said they could do nothing but go by what was in their system. I had to pay the difference to upgrade to a club level room and then I had to deal with Expedia after I got home (I could have tried to do the next day but didn't want to hassle with it while on vacation). Even worse, Yacht Club club level was full so we had to transfer to Beach Club and I don't like their club near as well.

Expedia was very nice and was able to give me a credit for the amount I had to pay twice but it was not the way I wanted to start a vacation (and my opinion of Beach Club club level didn't improve as this was our second stay there); our check in took forever as Disney tried to figure out a way to fix it and get us moved to where there was availability.

IndianaPrincess 08-12-2010 10:18 PM

I had a very nice CM walk me through how to do online check-in with an expedia reservation. First you got to have your disney confirmation number - I found this right under my expedia confirmation number in "My Itineraries" on my expedia account.

Then you go to:
http://mydisneyreservation.com/

and click on the link "Through a group or convention" under the "Please tell us how you booked your stay:" area.

That's it! Just input your info! She said that this was the process for expedia, orbitz and travelocity.

TaraBara 08-12-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaPrincess (Post 37796236)
I had a very nice CM walk me through how to do online check-in with an expedia reservation. First you got to have your disney confirmation number - I found this right under my expedia confirmation number in "My Itineraries" on my expedia account.

Then you go to:
http://mydisneyreservation.com/

and click on the link "Through a group or convention" under the "Please tell us how you booked your stay:" area.

That's it! Just input your info! She said that this was the process for expedia, orbitz and travelocity.

Awesome! Thanks for this information! :thumbsup2 We booked a split stay between CBR and AKL through Travelocity. I will definitely try this out next week to see if it works for me! Yay!!!! :banana:

DisneyAlly 08-12-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaPrincess (Post 37796236)
I had a very nice CM walk me through how to do online check-in with an expedia reservation. First you got to have your disney confirmation number - I found this right under my expedia confirmation number in "My Itineraries" on my expedia account.

Then you go to:
http://mydisneyreservation.com/

and click on the link "Through a group or convention" under the "Please tell us how you booked your stay:" area.

That's it! Just input your info! She said that this was the process for expedia, orbitz and travelocity.

Thank you! I booked via Orbitz and this is the first time I am able to see our ressie on Disney's website. What a relief :cool1:

Zerosinthecloset 08-13-2010 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscussDisney (Post 37793720)
Did you have to call Expedia for the number or did they automatically email it to you? Thanks.

They emailed it to me.

kmg1107 08-13-2010 09:54 AM

Thank you for the info on online check-in. Very helpful!

We recently booked through Travelocity for a stay at POFQ in September. We do not need park tickets and booked a standard room. For four nights, it saved us about $145, even on top of the current Disney 40% off summer special. For us, it was well worth it... If we had specific requests or needs, I would go through Disney but our reservation is pretty basic so I did not hesitate in saving money!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.