The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   free tickets to Kennedy Space Center (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2402626)

luckyfamilyof3 02-21-2010 01:04 PM

free tickets to Kennedy Space Center
 
I thought this might be worth posting. We were told to ask our congressman about free tickets to Kennedy Space Center. I emailed his office, they asked us how many adults/kids and what date. I received confirmation that our free tickets are at will-call for the date we will be there.

Our tickets include:

> admission to the grounds, including all exhibits and shows
> bus tour, including observation gantry, international space station center, and apollo saturn V center
> opportunity to see both IMAX movies (I'm not sure what "opportunity" means)
> visit to the astronaut hall of fame
> tickets valid for two days of admission

It was cheaper for us to fly in on a Thursday and stay an extra night in a hotel, instead of flying in Friday for a Saturday cruise. Go figure. So we will be going to Kennedy on our extra day! :woohoo:

MPwifey 02-21-2010 04:20 PM

What state do you live in, can it be any state? Thanks for the info!!

minnie10 02-21-2010 04:22 PM

We are from Alabama and our tickets are supposed to be taken care of too. Just waiting to hear the final word.

kimkarli 02-21-2010 04:27 PM

Awesome!! Thanks for posting this! I am definately going to give it a try! We are flying in the day before and had thought about going, but could not justify the added expense with everything else, but if the tickets are free--we are there!!!!!
THANKS!!!:banana:

croppincolburn 02-21-2010 04:29 PM

I heard about this here on DisBoards *after* we had already gone. (Last February) Figures! LOL Thanks for sharing and saving people some money. Have a great time!

ontariomonkey 02-21-2010 04:33 PM

Wow! Just wondering if this offer is for all Americans or just ones from certain states?

kimkarli 02-21-2010 04:42 PM

I am in Texas and I just email my congressman. I will post when (and if) i get a reply, and thanks again!!

RN_Mom 02-21-2010 05:00 PM

Anyone have anymore info on this??? Im confused:confused3 I live in Florida and we are going on the Wonder end of May but heading over there Friday and were planning on doing KSC Saturday so this would be great!!!!:cool1:

MagicMe 02-21-2010 05:09 PM

I believe these are available to everyone if you contact your local representative/senator. However, I believe they also only alot a certain number of these and they tend to go fast so don't wait to ask if you plan on going early!

mstree7832 02-21-2010 05:49 PM

What do you say to them? If someone one can help with the wording... :) Thanks so MUCH!!

all4myboyngirl 02-21-2010 06:29 PM

Just emailed my congressman and will let you know what I hear. Hoping this to be true as we would love to have the Friday before we leaving this October to visit the Kennedy Space Center.

bfaber 02-21-2010 07:48 PM

We were able to get 4 free tickets for next month for our family of 6 from our Congressman's office (Nebraska). What a great deal!!

imaswede78 02-21-2010 08:35 PM

Thank you so much for this info! Never thought about contacting a congressman about it :)

Husurdady 02-21-2010 09:05 PM

I just wonder..............If I would e-mail him and ask for a round trip cruise on the Magic or Wonder.............:lmao: :rotfl2: :laughing:...........Forgive me ................... I just was thinking this. HAPPY SAILING EVERYONE.

minnie10 02-21-2010 09:26 PM

I just emailed my representative and told him that we were heading down for spring break and wanted to tour the Kennedy Space Center with the kids. I asked if he had any comp tickets that were available for this. I asked for 7 because we are going with another family. His staffer called back and asked for the name of the other family because they are ony allowed to give 4 tickets per family. She said she would get this taken care of. Of course I looked on the website and emailed my representative directly and made sure I thanked him for the wonderful job he was doing. It must have worked because within a couple of weeks his staffers were calling. I am just patiently waiting my tickets or information. Hope this helps. If at first you are told no, keep explaining what you are wanting. The first time they were try to give me tickets to the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. When I explained what I wanted, the staffer said "I don't think we offer these". I asked nicely if she could check and get back with me. Sure enough it worked.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.