The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is Aloha Isle all it's Whipped Up to be? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2396999)

danny boy 02-14-2010 04:47 PM

Is Aloha Isle all it's Whipped Up to be?

We've read so many positive comments about Dole Whip treats at Aloha Isle. . . Which treats are the best there? We want to know what to look forward to!:confused3:love::hug:

AirGoofy 02-14-2010 04:50 PM

Yes, you must try a Dole Whip.

You can have it as soft serve ice cream or as a float. I have not had a float. As for ice cream, you can order it as pineapple only; pineapple and vanilla swirl; orange only; or orange and vanilla swirl. I like the pineapple and vanilla swirl. DW said that orange and vanilla swirl tastes like a dream-cycle.

TillyMarigold 02-14-2010 04:55 PM

I'm sure the Dole Whips are lovely, but there's something about walking around the Magic Kingdom with a giant pineapple spear to snack on, so that's the only thing I've ever gotten there.

HunnyJar 02-14-2010 05:19 PM

We always stop here each and every trip for a Dole Whip Float and a pineapple spear. SO good! :love:

koolaidmoms 02-14-2010 06:04 PM

I am what seems one of the few who think Dole Whips are disgusting. :confused3 I think it is purely a matter of taste. I thought it was a bit bitter and not a pleasant sweet pineapple taste that I was hoping for.

My children had the citrus swirls and loved them but I thought they tasted exactly like St. Joseph's Baby Aspirin from the '70s that my mom used to give us when we were sick.

I am glad I tried one but there is no way I am doing that again. :)

B-Ride 02-14-2010 06:53 PM

We always make a point of getting some pineapple Dole Whips. Tried the float once but it was just too much pineapple juice for our taste.

MissionMouse 02-14-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny boy (Post 35428955)
We've read so many positive comments about Dole Whip treats at Aloha Isle. . . Which treats are the best there? We want to know what to look forward to!:confused3:love::hug:

Best to just put it on your list of things to do and experience it yourself. If with a group, buy one and sample it. Going beyond this leads to overplanning where you start to create expectations that may not be met....many examples on the DIS boards.

doclegler 02-14-2010 07:04 PM

All 5 of us in my family LOVE the pineapple dole whip floats. You do have to be sure to mix the ice cream with the pineapple juice though, since it may get a little strong towards the bottom.
We make sure to have a treat each time we go - its really yummy!!:thumbsup2

disneygrl2014 02-14-2010 07:15 PM

deff have the float!!:woohoo: I have had just the ice cream and the float. The float just made it so much better.:thumbsup2 I mean, pinapple juice, with pinapple ice cream. It is ooo so good:worship:

Pumbaa_ 02-14-2010 07:55 PM

My DH tried the orange whip with the pineapple juice - it was better than my float! :worship:

Thought is would be unpleasant but i was wrong! Nice blend of flavors - now if we could n=only get the adult beverage version :banana:

treehugnmama 02-14-2010 08:15 PM

putting my flame suit on ;) I tried them last trip after all the hype but I wouldn't buy one again. to each is own

henrylovespooh 02-14-2010 08:21 PM

I like the pineapple and vanilla swirl. My DD got the orange and vanilla swirl and didn't like it. I tried it, and thought it tasted more like old fashioned children's Bayer orange chewable aspirin than a dreamsicle.

DonaldDoleWhip 02-14-2010 09:31 PM

Love the pineapple...but hate orange. I literally had to spit the orange one into a napkin.

Tricia1972 02-14-2010 10:28 PM

I am in love with the Pineapple Float (called a Dole Whip Float on here, but the menu says Pineapple Float. I confused a CM asking for a dole whip float, so I took a good look at the menu)

I get mine with the pineapple and vanilla swirl soft serve, and fresh pineapple juice. I haven't gotten a pineapple spear there yet, but I think I'll give it a shot next time we are down there. :thumbsup2

colinsdad 02-14-2010 10:38 PM

I think the Dole Whip is worth the hype. :thumbsup2

So much so that I organized (with a little help from a fellow Dis'er) a Spectromagic Dole Whip DisMeet in May of last year.

The turnout was tremendous! And I have many new Dis friends on this board because of it.

What other dessert can do that! :banana: