The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Family Magic Tour? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2394198)

VIVIAN1113 02-10-2010 04:54 PM

Family Magic Tour?

Hey everyone! I am planning a to WDW with my daughter( turning 4) in April. I was reading about the Guided Tours that Disney offers in some of the parks.I am interested in the FAMILY MAGIC TOUR. I wanted to know if anyone has ever taken the Family Magic tour at Magic Kingdom. Did you enjoy it?

dawnbu40 02-10-2010 05:08 PM

We did this in 2003 and loved it! It is basically a scavenger hunt through the MK. We were searching for Peter Pan and of course found him at the end :) He then did photo ops with each family and then we rode IASW as a group. My DD got to sit beside him while he chatted incessantly! It is still one of our favorite WDW memories!

lilmissbehaved 02-11-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIVIAN1113 (Post 35381381)
Hey everyone! I am planning a to WDW with my daughter( turning 4) in April. I was reading about the Guided Tours that Disney offers in some of the parks.I am interested in the FAMILY MAGIC TOUR. I wanted to know if anyone has ever taken the Family Magic tour at Magic Kingdom. Did you enjoy it?

We did this tour in 2007 when my son had just turned 5.. It was august and was VERY Humid out .. was a lot of walking in that heat.. but we did have a great time, and he has some great memories of the experience.. still talks about it. The tour guide was excellent.... was a fun time :)

jackieslp 02-11-2010 06:48 AM

We did this a year ago. It was fun but my kids were a little too old for it. They were 7 and 9- they did the goofy things asked of them with smiles on their faces but we wouldnt do it again bc of their ages! You will have fun.

PoohsFan1 02-11-2010 08:09 AM

We did this last March and our whole family really enjoyed it. However, since we did it once, I think we couldn't do it again because we already know what is going to happen. It is definitely worth doing and you and your DD is going to have a lot of fun doing it too. Just beware that you may get some looks from people who are not involved :rotfl:

WDmommyof4 02-11-2010 10:23 AM

I did it with my then 8 and 7 year old last year and my 7 year old hated it. If you decide to go, make sure that both you and your daughter enjoy being the center of attention and being stared at by passing strangers, because they will make you do some pretty crazy stuff. My 7 year old did not like the attention and just walked several feet behind the group with his arms crossed, other than that it was a lot of fun.

Kewz1 02-11-2010 11:11 AM

We did it several years ago and still talk about it! :thumbsup2

We were with another family and I have the greatest picture of both dads walking like monkeys (gorillas? apes?) walking through Adventureland. :rotfl2:

Good memories!

Kristen

VIVIAN1113 02-15-2010 02:09 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the replies everyone!! I going to make reservations ..:yay: