The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   "It was the time of our lives!" WL Jan 10-15 2010 NEW: 5/17 PTR LINK UP!! PG 44 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2374556)

BippityBoo 01-17-2010 05:10 PM

"It was the time of our lives!" WL Jan 10-15 2010 NEW: 5/17 PTR LINK UP!! PG 44

UPDATE LINKS---Click the links below to be directed to my updates :)

TRAVEL DAY

ARRIVAL AT WILDERNESS LODGE

MK DAY 1/PART 1 (FANTASYLAND)

MK DAY 1/PART 2(ADVENTURE/FRONTIERLAND)

OUR ROOM AT THE WL

EPCOT PART 1 (SOARIN, NEMO, SEARTH)

EPCOT PART 2 (1ST CHARACTER MEET)

EPCOT PART 3(WORLD SHOWCASE)

EPCOT PART 4 (CHARACTER SPOT, POLY DINNER)

MK DAY2/ PART1 (BUZZ, BIG THUNDER)

MK DAY2/ PART2 (TOON TOWN, LTT)

MK DAY2/ PART3 (PARADES, SHOWS AND SHOPPING)

MK DAY2/ PART4 (COSTUMES AND PRINCESSES)

DHS/ PART 1 (PLAYHOUSE DISNEY/ MOVIE RIDE)

DHS/ PART 2 (TSM, B&B)

DHS/ PART 3 (UP AND LIGHTNING, WHISPERING CANYON)

MK DAY 3/ PART 1 (COUNTRY BEAR, CHH)

MK DAY 3/ PART 2 (SPECTRO AND WISHES)

AK PART ONE (BYE BYE WL & DINOLAND)

AK PART TWO (AFRICA & PIZZAFARI)

AK PART THREE (CAMP MINNIE MICKEY/FOTLK)

AK PART FOUR (EE & THE RIDE HOME)

ABBY BDAY (DOI & GAD PROGRAM)

ABBY BDAY (AMERICAN GIRL PARTY/IMAG MOVERS)
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2374556&page=41"]

Hello Everyone!!! :goodvibes
I am so happy to start this TR! My family has just returned from an AMAZING WDW vacation and I am SO excited to tell you about it!

Intro:

*When: January 10-15, 2010
*Where: Wilderness Lodge/Standard View
*Why: To spend time growing as a family and to make memories to last a lifetime!
*Who: Me- Katie My DH- Chris and my two children--
DD- Abby (6) DS-Aiden (2)

I chose the TR title "It was the time of our lives!" because of a magical moment on Main Street. My family had just walked into Magic Kingdom on our arrival day. The smells of cookies and fudge poured onto the street. The Christmas decorations were still up--even though I had been told they were taken down, the air was crisp and cool and there was not a cloud in the sky. Over the speakers, the current Disney theme song "Time of Your Life" was playing. My childeren were so excited and we were on our way to our first stop...Fantasyland! At that moment, I knew that it WOULD be the time of our lives...and the vacation did NOT disapoint.

I will leave you with this adorable picture that a VERY talented cartoonist drew for us in the Wilderness Lodge lobby. Welcome to my TR!!! I hope that you will subscribe!

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/y...o1/KidsWDW.jpg

ladybugmom 01-17-2010 05:29 PM

I'm first!! YAY!!! :cool1: You know I've been anxiously anticipating this TR!! LOVE the cartoon pic of Aiden & Abby!! Sooo cute!!

beyondblessed 01-17-2010 05:53 PM

Hi Katie - I LOVE your TR name! The picture is darling! I can't wait to read more...I'm so glad you had such an amazing trip!!!

Nichellebelle 01-17-2010 05:59 PM

Yay! I am so excited for your report. That drawing is so cool.

lovegrumpy 01-17-2010 06:06 PM

Can't wait to read more. Love the picture of the kids.

kcandbella 01-17-2010 06:19 PM

I'm here!!! I've been waiting to hear all about it! :goodvibes

cdotla 01-17-2010 06:20 PM

Whoo hoo! You've started!!! Can't wait to read all about it!

What a bonus to have walked onto Main Street with the Christmas decorations! On January 10!!! WoW!!! Like you, I had definitely been under the impression that they are taken down the 1st monday after the New Year's holiday. So if that wasn't enough to tempt you back for a return visit in December, I don't know what is!:rotfl:

I adore that caricature of your beautiful kids!!! I think I might have to get one of mine on our May trip. I have seen them set up in the Beach Club too, where we will be staying. Honestly, until I saw your post I would not have been too interested, but what a beautiful souvenier of your trip!

Super excited to hear all about your trip!:goodvibes

SoonerGirl 01-17-2010 06:48 PM

Hey there! I followed you over from Becky's PTR (that sounds kinda stalkerish doesn't it? :lmao: )

Love the caricature of you kids! I saw a lady doing those in the lobby of POFQ when we were there last month and thought about getting one and just never did. Wish I would have now, yours is fantastic!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip :thumbsup2

BippityBoo 01-17-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugmom (Post 35046894)
I'm first!! YAY!!! :cool1: You know I've been anxiously anticipating this TR!! LOVE the cartoon pic of Aiden & Abby!! Sooo cute!!

Woohoo!!! My #1 fan :cheer2:
:lmao:
Thanks for joining in!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyondblessed (Post 35047185)
Hi Katie - I LOVE your TR name! The picture is darling! I can't wait to read more...I'm so glad you had such an amazing trip!!!

Yay! I am so happy that you are here :goodvibes Looking forward to reading the rest of yours!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nichellebelle (Post 35047255)
Yay! I am so excited for your report. That drawing is so cool.

Thanks Nichelle!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovegrumpy (Post 35047340)
Can't wait to read more. Love the picture of the kids.

Thanks! Welcome!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcandbella (Post 35047498)
I'm here!!! I've been waiting to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Hi Kaycee!!! I cant wait to tell you guys about it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdotla (Post 35047514)
Whoo hoo! You've started!!! Can't wait to read all about it!

What a bonus to have walked onto Main Street with the Christmas decorations! On January 10!!! WoW!!! Like you, I had definitely been under the impression that they are taken down the 1st monday after the New Year's holiday. So if that wasn't enough to tempt you back for a return visit in December, I don't know what is!:rotfl:

I adore that caricature of your beautiful kids!!! I think I might have to get one of mine on our May trip. I have seen them set up in the Beach Club too, where we will be staying. Honestly, until I saw your post I would not have been too interested, but what a beautiful souvenier of your trip!

Super excited to hear all about your trip!:goodvibes

OH you have to get a picture done. It is amazing how much it looks like them! We are going to frame it and put it in the playroom :goodvibes I wasnt going to get one done either till I got the playroom idea and the Mickey ears top it off. Great reminder of the trip!

I had read on the blog that the decorations were to come down on January 14th. I called and they said that they were taken down on the 4th. Imagine my surprise when I got there and it was all decorated!!:cloud9:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerGirl (Post 35047864)
Hey there! I followed you over from Becky's PTR (that sounds kinda stalkerish doesn't it? :lmao: )

Love the caricature of you kids! I saw a lady doing those in the lobby of POFQ when we were there last month and thought about getting one and just never did. Wish I would have now, yours is fantastic!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip :thumbsup2

NO you are not a stalker! I am going to start reading yours tonight!

You should get one on your next trip. I am SO glad I did!! Thanks for reading :goodvibes

jwwi 01-17-2010 07:20 PM

Sounds magical, I love WL!

SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE 01-17-2010 08:04 PM

Hi there! Just subscribed!
The dates of your trip caught my eye - you were arriving just as we were heading home (we were at Disney Jan 3-10). I sure hope you had better weather than we did - it was freezing for us!
Looking forward to reading about your trip!

ladybugmom 01-17-2010 08:37 PM

Yay!! It looks like your figured out how to do the TR link in your siggy!! I hope my example wasn't too confusing!! :goodvibes

BippityBoo 01-17-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugmom (Post 35049482)
Yay!! It looks like your figured out how to do the TR link in your siggy!! I hope my example wasn't too confusing!! :goodvibes

JUST did it!!!! Thank you SO much!! I have always had trouble understanding in the past! It was really easy :laughing:

Look at us, still learning the DIS after we have been on so long. Too funny. Putting the kids to bed....posting soon :hug:

ladybugmom 01-17-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BippityBoo (Post 35049559)
JUST did it!!!! Thank you SO much!! I have always had trouble understanding in the past! It was really easy :laughing:

Look at us, still learning the DIS after we have been on so long. Too funny. Putting the kids to bed....posting soon :hug:

No problem!! :goodvibes Everytime I put another link in my siggy I have to go back to the Edit mode of my siggy to see how to do it! I know what you mean--links in the siggy, organizing subscriptions into folders, etc. I'm sure we still have so much to learn, huh?! :lmao: Looking forward to the update!!

kaysmommie 01-17-2010 08:53 PM

Hi Katie,
I love the title of your trip report! Happy to hear you had a great time. Hoping you liked WL. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip :goodvibes.

Nichole