The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace Dinner Buffet? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2360393)

harrington_67 12-31-2009 03:23 PM

1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace Dinner Buffet?

Our family will be traveling to Disney this summer. We are debating between 1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace for Dinner. If you had one choice for Dinner, which choice would you make and why? Thanks for taking the time to post

ncmickeyluvr 12-31-2009 03:38 PM

1900 Park Fare for the character at dinner...step sisters are a HOOT.
Crystal palace for the food.

let'sgo 12-31-2009 03:41 PM

1900 Park Fare!! We had SOOOO much fun there. Make sure that you talk with the step sisters.

Mom loves Disney 12-31-2009 03:49 PM

Crystal Palace for the food. If you just want character interaction then 1900 Park Fare, but last week the food was not as good as it was before. We were in general disappointed in the food everywhere except LeCellier and Beaches and Cream. I hope you have better luck!!

goofypete 12-31-2009 03:50 PM

I vote for the Crystal Palace

mom2val 12-31-2009 05:14 PM

We had dinner at both 2 weeks ago. I'd vote for Crystal Palace. The food was much better. Who doesn't love Pooh? Also you don't have to leave the park.

Park Fair was just okay. We went in 2005 and loved it. This time Cinderella and the Prince flew by our table. I barely had time to snap 1 picture. The Step Mom and Sisters as everyone has said are great.

wvdislover 12-31-2009 07:43 PM

We did both on our last trip, and enjoyed the food at both. It was our first trip to 1900 Park Fare...as PP said, the step-sisters were a hoot! We've always enjoyed going to Crystal Palace, and the family didn't want to skip it this year. However, when we got there, the place was packed! I had made my ADR's at 90 days out (it's back to 180 now), at 7am in the morning, so I'd get the time I wanted. I had it scheduled so we could eat, watch Spectromagic, and then see Wishes. It took us over an hour past our ADR time to get seated :scared1: (not a good thing with a hungry, tired autistic child!). I wouldn't mind so much if they were just running behind, but instead, they were seating people who walked up with no ADR's! We're talking about several families who did this, not just a few. As I was standing there trying to find out how long it would take us to get seated, several people were able to walk up and "put there name on the list." If you're THAT busy, turn people away, just like the other restaurants do!!! Needless to say, Spectromagic started while we were still eating, and autistic DD started getting really anxious about us seeing the parade, as she knows it's one of my favorite things to do, and I had to leave without eating the dessert I had just gotten, so she'd calm down. We couldn't even stay for Wishes, b/c DD had gotten too stressed out over dinner and the parade, and needed to go back to the resort to "chill out." I will have to think twice before scheduling CP for and ADR next time. I was quite disappointed in the customer service we received. The staff was apologetic, yet they continued to seat people who had no ADR's...very frustrating!

mickey2minnie1 12-31-2009 10:36 PM

We enjoyed the whole package at 1900 Park Fare. It was great all the way around. We still talk about it!

perkinsrose 01-01-2010 08:05 AM

Stepmother is nasty! Truly stays in character! We have some great pictures of the stepsisters but stepmom really spooked DD who was under 7 at the time!

We LOVE Crystal Palace. Soo sad in refurb this trip. Normally, we can't miss Pooh & friends and lunch there every trip. We were even going to do breakfast AND lunch this time until we realized they were closed!

Floridian dinner is great though for those that need a Cinderella fix and don't want to use up 2 dining credits on Cinderella's RoyalTable and/or can't get ADRs there...

djblu883 01-01-2010 08:21 AM

1900 Park Fare vs Crystal Palace

Our family with 4 year old included perferred 1900 Park Fare for both the food and character interaction. Pooh is fun but the Step Sisters can't be beat. BTW we had breakfast there too and the Mad Hatter was awesome!!!

MinnieForMe 01-01-2010 12:25 PM

We actually liked the food better at 1900 Fare. All around it was a great experience. We dressed up and had pictures taken outside the Floridian (don't know if the photopass photographers still do this).

I told my 10 year old son to kiss Cinderellas hand and she swooned over him. When it came time for a waltz, she came over and picked him. He was mortified but we got some great pictures and he really was a good sport about it.

Either way, you won't be disappointed.

MickeyNicki 01-02-2010 08:32 AM

If I had to choose I would say CP but I dont like how salty the food has become and the noise level is insane. We will never set foot back in 1900 PF even though Cinderella and group are a blast, the food is just gross.

Chelley00 01-02-2010 08:40 AM

We went to Crystal Palace and 1900 both in November. I was disappointed in Park Fare. The stepsisters didn't make a fuss or anything over anyone in our section. It was truely boring. The food was good, but we liked the food better at Crystal Palace.

Just be prepared if you go to Park Fare for the stepsisters, you may not get "fun" ones.

disneymath 01-02-2010 10:22 AM

Scary Stepmom???

OP ... we love CP and plan to go back on our upcoming trip this August. (It will be our third time for dinner.) We're also thinking about 1900 Park Fare, but a few of the comment here now have me second guessing ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by perkinsrose (Post 34828529)
Stepmother is nasty! Truly stays in character! We have some great pictures of the stepsisters but stepmom really spooked DD who was under 7 at the time!

Can you be a bit more specific about what the Stepmom did that spooked your DD. The last thing we would want is for one of the boys (who will be 3 years old and 16 months old) to get spooked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelley00 (Post 34841346)
We went to Crystal Palace and 1900 both in November. I was disappointed in Park Fare. The stepsisters didn't make a fuss or anything over anyone in our section. It was truely boring. The food was good, but we liked the food better at Crystal Palace.

Just be prepared if you go to Park Fare for the stepsisters, you may not get "fun" ones.

By "fun" did you mean "interactive" or "nice"? Because, not interactive would be a bummer, but not nice would not be good.

kdaisy20 01-02-2010 10:28 AM

We have not been to CP but 1900PF we went to for both breakfast and dinner about a year ago. Breakfast was great but with dinner we were disappointed with and will probably not go back for awhile. We are looking at going next winter and thinking about trying CP.

The entertainment was excellent for both though.