The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   ~ Disney Does it AGAIN! ~ Matty and the Gingerbread Men! ~ 12/30 I cheated! A link! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2355747)

maroo 12-23-2009 11:09 PM

~ Disney Does it AGAIN! ~ Matty and the Gingerbread Men! ~ 12/30 I cheated! A link!

How many of you guys remember Lucas? The Make a Wish child that was able to "meet" the Steam Train (Lilly Belle) and be the Family of the Day at the MK?

If you missed that magical morning... check it out HERE!

If you remember Lucas (or have checked that out above)... Well... It happened AGAIN!

Another Make a Wish child made a very specific wish - and Disney helped grant it!

You will want to meet Matty and his family -

Here's Matty!

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSC_0488-1.jpg

(Have you EVER seen a cuter Gingerbread Man?)

Matty's Mommy, Pamela has done a great job introducing her family in their Make a Wish Pre-Trip Report...

Matty's Make a Wish Pre-Trip Report!

This is a total teaser...as I am not quite ready to start yet... But SOON, I promise! I don't want you to miss it!!

I just wanted to make sure you guys were all able to subscribe to this little trip report! It will only cover a few hours in the life of this little boy - but I promise it will be worth your while to stick with us!

The pictures are uploaded...The story is basically ready to be told...

His Mom has given me permission to tell you guys about his SWEET evening!

So...subscribe. Tell your friends. Post Matty some notes here!

Trip Report Links:
A Little Background Info
Is it going to RAIN?!?!
The Parade Begins!
A special Christmas Eve Update - The Gingerbread Men and Santa!
Merry Christmas! Matty's Private Meet and Greet with the Gingerbread Men!
Can there be MORE Magic??

All7OfUs 12-23-2009 11:20 PM

I'm ready, I'm ready!!!!

that's nice 12-23-2009 11:45 PM

I'll be eagerly waiting to hear this story!!!!

Let me get my popcorn ready while I wait! ;)
popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

adsrtw 12-23-2009 11:50 PM

Me too! I'm ready!

yinyanggirls 12-24-2009 12:05 AM

Oh, Maroo, you're evil!!!! You can't do this to us! No more teasers!!!!!

TarzansKat 12-24-2009 12:48 AM

I'm here, and I can't wait. What a cute little gingerbread man. :goodvibes

pacrosby 12-24-2009 01:18 AM

Hey......I know that little sweetie......he's MY baby!!!!!!!

I like your title. I've already decided to entitle my TR "Mom, Dad, 3 kids and a gingerbread man!!" :rotfl: (I know, I know....I'm my biggest fan). I look forward to reading all about all that magic from your perspective.

As an aside, I got the sweetest pm from a woman who's daughter knows one of those Gingerbread Men and had heard all about the evening (both before and after it occured). Wild huh?

ok, I'm on the edge of my seat. Get crackin' there girl!!

Pam:santa: (and Matty:love:)

pipersmom 12-24-2009 05:42 AM

I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

jessica52877 12-24-2009 05:47 AM

I agree with Matty's mom! Get crackin'! No more waiting! This is your Christmas gift to us! I cannot wait to here about Matty as the gingerbread men are one of my favorite things in the Christmas Parade. The other being the toy soldiers!!

LuvClarice 12-24-2009 09:06 AM

I'm on board

Maroo, Pam, and of course Matty - I can't tell what a present you've given all us by sharing. :hug: Thank you so much! What a very Merry Christmas this is turning out to be.

Kathy

cantwaittoseemickey 12-24-2009 09:09 AM

Im in too!! Can't wait to read about your awsome trip. He is such a cutie!! I love the costume.

maroo 12-24-2009 09:28 AM

I won't keep you guys waiting any more! I just needed a bit of sleep before I got my fingers to writing!

First of all...a little background as to how this all came together. popcorn::

Pamela - Mom to Matty (pacrosby on the boards) - found the boards just a few weeks before her son's Make a Wish Trip. There is a lot of information on her pre-trip report about how her son was approved to make his wish - but it was his specific wish that caught my eye. :santa:

We have dozens of children going on wish trips that are DISers and Disney grants their wishes all the time :love: - children meet Mickey, the Princesses, eat with Cinderella, play with Stitch and "go to Disney World!" every single day as part of the Make a Wish Foundation. The characters needed to grant those wishes are almost always easily accessible to the children.

But occasionally a child comes along that makes a specific wish about Disney World - in this case Matty's wish was "to be a Gingerbread Man in the Disney World Christmas Parade." Honestly, I am not exactly sure how he came up with this. :confused3 Maybe Pam would want to give us a little more background about where this fascination with the Gingerbread Men was born? :yay:

But when Make a Wish granted his Wish Trip - they contacted Disney about having Matty be IN the Christmas Parade as a Gingerbread Man and Disney (wisely) said that would not be possible. :sad2: Maybe it was not so safe to put him IN the parade - and as someone that has been in a few parades...it is fun for about the first 10 minutes...but 60 minutes later your hand hurts so bad and your mouth is aching from smiling :laundy: ...but it was not to be for Matty to be IN the Christmas Parade.

But his Mom had him all ready to thoroughly enjoy the Christmas Parade. Before she even discovered the DISboards, she had purchased tickets to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and a Gingerbread Man costume for Matty which he planned to wear during the Christmas Parade. And it is so cute....

Wanna see Matty decked out in his costume?

Of course you do!

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...eadcostume.jpg

Oh my gosh, he is so cute!

Ok...so back to the story. Because his wish was so specific...and because I knew he would probably really not be able to go near the Gingerbread Men without a little help... I contacted our Angel on the DIS. There is a VERY nice DISer that set up Lucas' wish to meet Ed the Steam Train Engineer and the Lilly Belle - so I emailed her to see if she had any more contacts in Disney that would be willing to help Matty meet the Gingerbread Men. :cool2: And she DID! She emailed several of her contacts there and a very nice CM in the Entertainment Division named Mike set up this wonderful evening!

So, once he said that they could set something up, he needed the date that the family would be at the Christmas Party. I PM'd Pamela to find out...her trip dates were the 10-16th...so I figured her party date would fall in those dates. I was going to Disney around the same time, but our party date was not until the 17th - so I figured I would miss them by just a few days......:rolleyes:

But when I contacted Pamela, I found out that they had extended their trip on their own dime and had purchased tickets for one of the nights AFTER their stay at Give Kids the World was complete.

And I almost fell out of my chair....when she PM'd me back.... that they were ALSO going on the 17th!!!!! :cheer2: :woohoo: :yay:

Oh my gosh! It is happening AGAIN! I can be there! I can take pictures! This is the coolest thing EVER!

So I sent the information on to Mike. He said it would be fine for me to take some pictures and gave us instructions about where we should go. We were told to watch the FIRST Parade from Town Square - close to City Hall - and they would "find us" from there. He said that he would make sure that Matty could meet a few of the Gingerbread Men! I sent Mike the picture that Pamela had posted of Matty in his outfit so that they could recognize him!

Up Next: Is it going to RAIN??!?!

maroo 12-24-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by that's nice (Post 34748707)
I'll be eagerly waiting to hear this story!!!!

Let me get my popcorn ready while I wait! ;)
popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

He he! The first installment is already here!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsrtw (Post 34748726)
Me too! I'm ready!

:welcome:

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinyanggirls (Post 34748771)
Oh, Maroo, you're evil!!!! You can't do this to us! No more teasers!!!!!

He he!

Nah. I would never do that! :laughing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarzansKat (Post 34748885)
I'm here, and I can't wait. What a cute little gingerbread man. :goodvibes

I can't wait to share it all with you guys!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacrosby (Post 34748948)
Hey......I know that little sweetie......he's MY baby!!!!!!!

I like your title. I've already decided to entitle my TR "Mom, Dad, 3 kids and a gingerbread man!!" :rotfl: (I know, I know....I'm my biggest fan). I look forward to reading all about all that magic from your perspective.

As an aside, I got the sweetest pm from a woman who's daughter knows one of those Gingerbread Men and had heard all about the evening (both before and after it occured). Wild huh?

ok, I'm on the edge of my seat. Get crackin' there girl!!

Pam:santa: (and Matty:love:)

Great title!! :) I love it!

I am on it now! I am hoping to do a LOT of writing this weekend and crank this report out since I have so much time over the next couple of days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipersmom (Post 34749344)
I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

I can't wait to tell you all about it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessica52877 (Post 34749361)
I agree with Matty's mom! Get crackin'! No more waiting! This is your Christmas gift to us! I cannot wait to here about Matty as the gingerbread men are one of my favorite things in the Christmas Parade. The other being the toy soldiers!!

Merry Christmas!! It has started!
If you love some Gingerbread Men...you are going to LOVE this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvClarice (Post 34750492)
Maroo, Pam, and of course Matty - I can't tell what a present you've given all us by sharing. :hug: Thank you so much! What a very Merry Christmas this is turning out to be.

Kathy

:hug:

I am so glad to be able to brighten your Christmas! I will be writing some more soon...so stay tuned! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantwaittoseemickey (Post 34750507)
Im in too!! Can't wait to read about your awesome trip. He is such a cutie!! I love the costume.

They are a neat family and he is so cute! Both in and out of his little costume!

jessica52877 12-24-2009 09:50 AM

Hey! That was a teaser! He IS quite adorable in his gingerbread costume!

thatkid 12-24-2009 09:59 AM

i'm so excited to read more!