The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   SOOZE's 12th Anniversary Yuletide Fun 2/6 LINK to NEW PTR! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2340718)

Sooze 11-29-2009 05:28 AM

SOOZE's 12th Anniversary Yuletide Fun 2/6 LINK to NEW PTR!

Trip Report Index
Please click on the link to read each episode!

Day 1 Part 1 Arrival and DHS

Day 1 Part 2 The TSM Take-Down

Day 1 Part 3 More DHS Fun

Day 1 Part 4 Beauty and the Beast Pics

Day 1 Part 4 Cont'd More B&B Pics and Video

Day 1 Part 5 Osborne Lights

Day 1 Part 6 Illuminations and home at last

Day 2 Part 1 Tonga Toast and DTD

Day 2 Part 2 Dream Along with a Friend in the Show!

Day 2 Part 3 Night at MK

Day 3 Part 1 Epcot and Sum of All Thrills

Day 3 Part 2 Lunch in Mexico and VoL

Day 3 Part 3 Dinner in France and Candlelight Processional

Day 4 Quick Run to AK

Sooze 11-29-2009 05:35 AM

Good EEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRLLLLLYYYY morning everyone! It's that time of year again. What time is that? It's time for my DH and me to ditch the kids with babysitters, strap on our favorite Disney clothes, and head to the most magical place on Earth... It's SOOZE's adults-only TR Time!!:cool1::cool1:

I'm reporting to you live from the Indianapolis International Airport, where it is just about 5:30 am and I've already been up for 2 hours! Do I care, though? NO WAY!!

And the pixie dust is already flying.. check this out:

Our original flights had us flying AirTran with a STOP in Atlanta. We were to leave Indy at 6 am, stop for a plane change, then end up in Orlando by 10 am. Not bad.. not bad at all.

So we are getting comfy in our airport seats (seriously, the seats in our airport are sweet!), when the gate agent starts announcing that the flight is over-sold:mad: WHAT?! It is 6:00 in the morning and that plane is gi-normous. How could it be oversold?! OH! It is Sunday after Thanksgiving...

So Matt and I are already shaking our heads... like... uh uh... :sad2: NO WAY are we giving up our seats. Free ticket or not... we are going to Disney World.

THEN... the gate agent proceeds to tell us that there is another flight leaving at 7am. It's a DIRECT flight to Orlando... and it gets into Orlando at 9:15. :eek:WHAT?!?! I pushed Matt out of the seat.. GET UP THERE AND GET US ON THAT FLIGHT!!

SO.. what a great start to the trip. Not only did we get vouchers for two free round trips on AirTran, but we are getting into Orlando 45 minutes sooner than we would, with a DIRECT FLIGHT!!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

That's all for now! I'm going to try to get a teeny nap in before I get on the plane. (Totally can't sleep on planes, never have, never will!)

Hope to chat with you all later!

Sooze 11-29-2009 05:50 AM

While you're waiting, if you missed my PTR countdown, you can check it out here:

I Just Can't Wait - Sooze's PTR

MrsSpratt 11-29-2009 08:18 AM

Congrats on the plane switch - this sounds like fun!

Mrs. Spratt

timandlesley 11-29-2009 08:22 AM

LOVE live reports, can't wait to live vicariously through you guys! What AWESOME luck with the flights, hope the pixie dust continues throughout your trip. EnJOY!!!:cool1:
Lesley

praisehisname 11-29-2009 08:42 AM

:banana: for the flight change! Have a magical time!

tiggerfan6 11-29-2009 09:53 AM

What a great way to start your trip!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

wigdoutdismom 11-29-2009 10:07 AM

Yay Sooze! :cool1:

Blueyed Girl 11-29-2009 10:46 AM

Yay!! How exciting that you are on your way. How AWESOME that you got such a sweet deal with the flight!!! :banana:

Can't wait to read more. You guys HAVE A BLAST!!!

dddisrunner 11-29-2009 10:55 AM

I hope your magic continues and I can't wait to hear ALL about it when you return!!!!:goodvibes

KatMark 11-29-2009 11:50 AM

Congrats on the plane change -- nonstop to Orlando and ticket vouchers to boot! What a great start to your vacation.

IndianaHoosier 11-29-2009 12:21 PM

What a great start already!!!!
I love the Indy airport also!!!!!

Wicket's Mom 11-29-2009 02:02 PM

Hopped here after seeing your links on Lesley's TR. Read your PTR, loved it. The straight through flight is great. They offer that here in Dayton. Like the Indiana airport also, we will be flying out of there when we go to Vegas next Sept. I wish that it was WDW instead!:mad: Anyway, I'm here until it's over.
I'm hooked on TRs.

GreatBiscuit 11-29-2009 04:08 PM

I totally missed your PTR! I'll be going back to check it out. Congrats on scoring the later/earlier flight! Settling in and subbing.

micandminforever 11-29-2009 04:45 PM

The Pixie Dust started before you even left the airport. May this truly be a magical trip.

I can't wait for pictures, of all the Disney Christmas magic.