Nov. 28, 2009 Western - Post Thanksgiving Relaxation Cruise
Okay everyone, this is a new thread. Hopefully everyone that has been afraid to post will come out of the woodwork.
So we have 31 days before the cruise sets sail. Who's sailing with us?
I'll start. I'm Allison, cruising with my DH Mark and our 9 yo DD Mackenzie.
And we can't wait to get on board!!! :cool1::cool1:
I'm Bev and DH, Jim, & I will be on this cruise.:goodvibes
Hey Bev. My DD looked at your dog's picture the other day and said "Wow that looks just like our BC!! It could be his sister." I told her that I had already asked about it because it looks so much like ours. :goodvibes
I think I will need to bring a picture of our pooch along to show you. :)
Oh and for any new posters or lurkers. There are only 2 people on the cruise that know each other (sisters - Steph and Jen). The rest of us have never met but love to chat. So come and chat with us and don't be shy! :)
I sent a note to mommasita (Cruise Meet Board Moderator) to have us added to the meet list for our date. Don't know if this was done yet.
Copy your GTKY from the old thread and paste it to a new post on this thread so any new people can GTKY, Get To Know You, too.
1. Where do you live? Catasauqua, PA
2. Are you married? How long? Yes, 37 years
3. Do you have any children? Ages? Yes, DD 36, DS 22
4. Do you have any pets?Yes. 1 Dog (miniature Border Collie/Black Lab mix), 4 cats
5. What do you do for a living? Work? Stay at home? Hairstylist
6. What is your favorite movie? Somewhere in Time (Jane Seymour & Christopher Reeve)
7. What is your favorite book? Anything StarTrek
8. What is/are your favorite TV show(s)? CSI's, Law & Orders, Trauma, anything medical or criminal. Also, American Idol & America's Got Talent. (DD's DH is a city Cop, DD is a College Cop & studying Forensic Psychology, DS is Security at the new Sands Casino in Bethlehem, PA and wants to be a Cop someday too and DH & I used to be EMT's on a volunteer ambulance corps)
9. What is your favorite food? Shrimp
10. What type of music do you listen to? Do you have a favorite group/singer/band etc.?John Denver, Barry Manilow, 50's, 60's & 70's music and few new groups. Basically easy listening.
11. Where did you do your schooling from? High School - Freedom High, Bethlehem, PA. After that I went to Allentown School of Cosmetology, took my boards and got my license.
12. Do you like sports? What's your favorite football team? Ice Hockey. Whatever team my son plays on. Not into football myself, but DH likes the Dolphins.
13. How many siblings do you have? 3 older brothers
14. Did you always want to be a XXX? (your profession) I always enjoyed working with hair, but in 7th grade I wanted to be a nurse, but then I realized how many years of additional school I would need and went with Hairdressing instead. Did get a little fix the years I worked as an EMT though.
15. What do you like to do in your spare time? Sewing, Knitting, Crocheting and other crafts. I'm also pretty handy with tools. Just finished painting DS former room, laid parquette flooring and cut all the moulding for around the floor. DH had to drill and hammer it in because I just don't have the strength for that. (It was Oak moulding)
16. Any interesting places that you've traveled to lately? Bahamas last year on the cruise and in 2004 I went to London with DH when he went there for work. Want to go back there someday.
17. Any particular cuisines or dishes that you like the most? Pennsylvania Dutch
18. What is your attitude when it comes to money? Are you a spender or a saver? Both, save, then spend.
19. What does your name mean? Don't laugh, literally translated it means "Beaver Meadow"
20. When is your birthday? November 28 (first day of the cruise)
21. What is your zodiac sign? Saggitarius
22. What are your preferences when it comes to clothes and fashion? mosty casual, but love to dress up too
23. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert, at least until I get to know you.
24. Are you an outdoors person? yes. We have camped quite a bit, Canada included. Love to swim, but can't stand the sun & heat.
25. Are you an adventurous person by nature or do you prefer playing it safe? adventurous. I ride my own motorcycle (a Yamaha Virago 250). DH & DS also ride. I am not a good passenger though.
26. How was your childhood like? With 3 older brothers it was rough. I didn't have the kind of protective brothers that others had. Mine would just as soon help pick on me than help me. It's gotten better over the years since we've all grown up.
27. Post a recent picture of yourself....:) http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...MyPictures.jpg
Found you. You can't hide from me! :lmao: So glad that we are doing this since it may help to bring others out of the woodwork. Come out come out whereever you are.
I'm Jeff, sailing with DW Mina and DD Elizabeth (11) and DD Emily (5).
We are a family of 6 and looking forward to our first disney cruise - we are surprising the kids and hoping to pull it off until we are at the port. The only tricky part is we have to travel from Southern California to Orlando on Friday (11/27) which may be hard to do without answering questions as to exactly where we are going!! Thinking we will tell them daddy has a business trip in Florida so it sounds kind of boring. Can't WAIT to see how excited they are (and me too!) when we board the ship!!!
We have three girls (ages almost 9, 7 and 4) and one son (age 3).
Looking forward to a fun family week - just hoping nobody gets seasick!!
Here are the original questions for anyone who hasn't posted yet.
Originally posted by DisneyMommaSteph
Just copy and paste, and fill in your answers. Come on....it'll be FUN! Lurkers...this is the perfect time to JUMP IN!
1. Where do you live?
2. Are you married? How long?
3. Do you have any children? Ages?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. What do you do for a living? Work? Stay at home?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. What is/are your favorite TV show(s)?
9. What is your favorite food?
10. What type of music do you listen to? Do you have a favorite group/singer/band etc.?
11. Where did you do your schooling from?
12. Do you like sports? What's your favorite football team?
13. How many siblings do you have?
14. Did you always want to be a XXX? (your profession)
15. What do you like to do in your spare time?
16. Any interesting places that you've traveled to lately?
17. Any particular cuisines or dishes that you like the most?
18. What is your attitude when it comes to money? Are you a spender or a saver?
19. What does your name mean?
20. When is your birthday?
21. What is your zodiac sign?
22. What are your preferences when it comes to clothes and fashion?
23. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
24. Are you an outdoors person?
25. Are you an adventurous person by nature or do you prefer playing it safe?
26. How was your childhood like?
27. Post a recent picture of yourself....:)
I'll try to copy/paste my GTKY piece from the other thread.
Hey Guys...I am going to close the other thread. I also created a link in the roll call sticky thread that will bring you to this thread!! Anyone looking for the 11/28/09 lastest thread should have no problem in finding it.
Have a great cruise!!
Just checked it out and we are marked as a new thread starting today. Less confusion. Thanks MJ.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.