The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney for Families (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Moms- Most Comfy Shoes For Disney? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2310772)

EcbLovesMickey 10-17-2009 04:35 PM

Moms- Most Comfy Shoes For Disney?

I thought I'd see if anyone has a pair of shoes they LOVE to wear at Disney. I currently am wearing a pair or Merrell shoes and I really like them, hopefully they will keep the blisters at bay.

Any great shoe tips?

jaleaton 10-17-2009 06:42 PM

Fit Flops! I don't even take tennis shoes anymore. I can just look at a pair of shoes and get blisters, but that has never happened with my FitFlops. I've also heard people recommend BodyGlide to prevent rubbing and blisters.

kstgelais4 10-17-2009 06:46 PM

You may cringe as I say this... but seriously... Crocs. I never get blisters in them and they dry super quick. Ugly as sin, but super comfy. You can get them in flip flop style.

MissChris 10-17-2009 07:50 PM

I always wear sandals. I don't like flip flops and crocs are just too horrible to even contemplate. Plus I'm not comfortable in shoes that feel like they might come off. I have a pair of leather strap sandals from Timberland that I really love. They're comfy, well ventilated, dry quickly, and never give me blisters, unlike sneakers. If you're feet and socks get wet in sneaks you're just out of luck..

tinkerfan1 10-17-2009 10:08 PM

I've read that Bodyglide is a MUST have for WDW. We've never bought it for our trips but are planning on doing so this time.

Tiger926 10-17-2009 11:44 PM

You are going to hear a bunch of different shoes, but will see the same ones such as Merrill, Teva, Keen and Crocs.

We spent a fortune on new Merrills, Tevas and Keens and we hate all of them! We have been buying waterproof, toe covered shoes for years now as we go in July, so sweat, heat and rain are a big factors for us. Anyway, the shoes we bought were so uncomfortable - it doesn't matter what shoes feel like at home as nothing compares to the parks. Blisters are not a problem for us, but it's the fit and comfort that is. We also wore Crocs, but they are so slippery and unsafe, so we are done with them, not to mention that they are expensive. We always had multiple pairs so as to keep them from wearing down as easily, but they do anyway.

We have done the best in running shoes, but the water can be a problem, but after spending a ton of money on new shoes each and every year, we are now back to running shoes and water/running shoe hybrids for the kids as these provide the most fit, comfort and safety for us in the parks. We love New Balance, so that is what we like to buy. We will alternate shoes, as this works best as well. Hubby and I feel that we have to wear our Merrills and Keens though as they cost us over $100.00 for each pair, so that is an expensive lesson we learned.

Happy shoe shopping, Tiger

MOM22princess 10-17-2009 11:55 PM

Fit flops...the best shoes for Disney

jjzmgailey 10-18-2009 12:13 AM

You guys might think this is odd but your socks REALLY make a tremendous difference with blisters. Our first few trips, I had great shoes...spent a fortune & a half on them @ REI & still had 3 blisters by the end of the 2nd day!

I finally went to a place called Roadrunner Sports where they put you on a treadmill to see where your pressure points are on the bottoms of your feet. I bought a pack of 3 pairs of socks (that the salesperson recommended) that cost like $35! :scared1: They were moisture-wicking socks & most sports stores carry them. Mine were the store brand. They were completely amazing! No blisters at all after 13 days!

I am a big flip-flop person too & I ordered a pair of reef-slapper ones that have this metal thingie on the bottom for support - lifesavers, I tell ya! They were $40 too but I had happy feet which were priceless!!!!!

BuzzandAriel'smom 10-18-2009 01:21 PM

2- Teva Mush and Easy Spirit Travellite clogs Both of these are great and no blisters!

disneymomof1 10-18-2009 01:37 PM

I love my Merrell Mary Jane, very cool, dry quickly and the first shoe that did not leave me with blisters after the first day yet still stylish. There are many different colors available now and I am up to three pair. Love them, wear them to work everyday also. I also take my Mickey Crocs to wear to and from the pool.

dinatwin 10-18-2009 01:41 PM

I just bought the best pair of sneakers. Asics GT2140. Very pricey 80 bucks with a 20 off coupon but sooo worth the money.

dfchelbay 10-18-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneymomof1 (Post 33994091)
I love my Merrell Mary Jane, very cool, dry quickly and the first shoe that did not leave me with blisters after the first day yet still stylish. There are many different colors available now and I am up to three pair. Love them, wear them to work everyday also. I also take my Mickey Crocs to wear to and from the pool.

OT...but I just love, love, love your avitar!:thumbsup2:worship:

jmpurdy 10-18-2009 09:00 PM

Solomon's!

Absolutely the best shoe I've ever worn. $80 bucks well worth it. They are over a year old and don't look it at all. If anyone has high arches, this is the shoe to buy. They can get wet and dry pretty quickly (but bring another set of socks of course). :)

mrsg00fy 10-18-2009 09:10 PM

I get through the day comfortably in sneakers. Preferably Aasics sneakers. I also wear the moisture wicking socks and haven't had blisters over the past few trips.

I've tried sandals, and flip flops once, and actually wound up limping by mid day.

My DH and kids prefer broken-in sneakers.

MarriedToAPrince 10-18-2009 09:26 PM

My favs are Mickey Crocs and Birkenstocks.