The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Booking Disney hotels on hotels.com (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2296073)

cschulte 09-28-2009 04:10 PM

Booking Disney hotels on hotels.com
 
Can you book Disney hotels on Hotels.com?

I thought I've read that on here but I can't find any information and when I tried on Hotels.com none came up.

cbg1027 09-28-2009 05:08 PM

I dont know about hotels.com but I have seen them on travelocity or expedia.

PIRATEGIRL007 09-28-2009 05:12 PM

You can book them on orbitz as well but beware as with any of those sites there may be hidden fees. We paid an extra $25 to book a room for Pop on there, but came out ahead b/c we had a $75 off coupon deal for 4 days or more, so just be sure and factor in any 'hidden' fees before you book, most deals on Disney hotel rooms can be found on the actual disney website.

WillCAD 09-28-2009 05:15 PM

They are available on Hotels.com but the rates are higher than you'd get from a Disney-specific travel agent.

To see the WDW resorts, first search for Orlando, then click the Nearby Landmarks button under Destination and select Walt Disney World. Set the Star level to 3.5 and Guest rating to 3.5, and click Update Search. WDW resorts will come up in the revised search results.

TLinden16 09-28-2009 06:06 PM

I'm going to move this over to our resort board.

saraheliz 09-28-2009 06:17 PM

i booked through hotels.com for my last vacation in 2006. worked great, still got to use dme, etc.

you can still do it, but last time i checked (1-2 weeks ago) there were only disney resorts available on there through the end of the year. it appears as though disney hasn't released any to hotels.com for 2010 yet, but i would expect that they will soon.

taymaesmom 09-28-2009 07:34 PM

I looked at them for our upcoming trip on hotels.com and I found them easiest by putting in Lake Buena Vista as the city name. Some of them were actually cheaper than disney even with all the fees.

YachtandBeachy 11-08-2012 09:31 AM

:thumbsup2

10% off Hotels.com: OCTOBERUS10

Coupon valid until November 22, 2012. Travel must be completed by April 30, 2013. Bookings with a coupon are not eligible for Welcome Rewards® points. Disney hotels are included!

aaarcher86 11-08-2012 10:43 AM

Please keep in mind that booking through hotels.com will require you to contact them to change or check on anything with your specific reservation.

Marthasor 11-08-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 46659490)
Please keep in mind that booking through hotels.com will require you to contact them to change or check on anything with your specific reservation.

Such a good point! And customer service agents at booking engines are virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of. I booked some flights through Expedia recently and needed to make a change. My estimated hold time was 1 1/2 HOURS. Never again.

Wood Nymph 11-08-2012 12:51 PM

Don't you have to pay in full when you book something through those travel sites? If you book through Disney you don't have to pay in full right away. For a room only reservation through Disney you just have to pay for one night upfront and then the balance at check in.

bumbershoot 11-08-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marthasor (Post 46659902)
Such a good point! And customer service agents at booking engines are virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of.

I've never experienced that with hotels.com, and we use them exclusively to book DH's hotels for travel. Actually I've never experienced that with expedia or hotwire, either, and we don't use them often at all (but DO use them).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wood Nymph (Post 46660496)
Don't you have to pay in full when you book something through those travel sites? If you book through Disney you don't have to pay in full right away. For a room only reservation through Disney you just have to pay for one night upfront and then the balance at check in.

With hotels.com usually you do, but sometimes you don't. You just have to read the specifics for your exact booking!


I know that this is an OLD post, but the questions are still relevant if you ignore the year. :)

When booking on hotels.com, I have always found that they include ALL relevant information, if you read the entire page giving the overview of the resort, and read everything about your specific room that you're booking. Of course, reading ALL info on a webpage, including all links and popups, is ALWAYS important, but I've seen questions about hotels that were answered right there on the page, and a thorough read-through before booking would have solved all perceived problems before they popped up.

davedmaine 11-08-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YachtandBeachy (Post 46658906)
:thumbsup2

10% off Hotels.com: OCTOBERUS10

Coupon valid until November 22, 2012. Travel must be completed by April 30, 2013. Bookings with a coupon are not eligible for Welcome Rewards® points. Disney hotels are included!


You know you gave a coupon to someone who asked 3 years ago, right?

aaarcher86 11-08-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marthasor (Post 46659902)
Such a good point! And customer service agents at booking engines are virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of. I booked some flights through Expedia recently and needed to make a change. My estimated hold time was 1 1/2 HOURS. Never again.

Yikes! Hopefully the old isn't that outrageous regularly, but I know people book their trips and then want to call Disney to confirm, or check on something, or even change something and get so frustrated when they're told to call the person they booked through!

FancyNancy 11-08-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 46662948)
Yikes! Hopefully the old isn't that outrageous regularly, but I know people book their trips and then want to call Disney to confirm, or check on something, or even change something and get so frustrated when they're told to call the person they booked through!

I'm not sure about Disney but I booked a hotel once on hotels.com and when I was checking in the manager approached me and told me to always call them directly first because they would always beat the price hotels.com offers. They have to pay a fee to sites like hotels.com for getting a room booked through them and would much rather skip the paperwork. You could always try calling Disney and saying "I saw this hotel for this rate on Hotels.com and was thinking of booking it but wanted to see if you are offering it for less". You never know you might get a better deal! Of course you have to make sure that the specific hotel is offered on Hotels.com for the specific dates you want before you try to get a better deal with Disney.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.