The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292521)

PrincessV 09-24-2009 11:48 AM

Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Continuing the witty banter and therapeutic virtual hugs for yet another season...

askelton 09-24-2009 12:09 PM

We will never jump the shark, :goodvibes although I do enjoy Jon Hein who started it.

TEminnie 09-24-2009 12:14 PM

I'm here!:woohoo: What's with the sharks?? Does this have anything to do with my cruise?? Will they eat my new high heel crocs??

jcc0621 09-24-2009 12:21 PM

I'm here and still on page 1:woohoo: And we haven't jumped!

TE - Jump the Shark from Wikipedia
Jumping the shark is a colloquialism coined by Jon Hein and used by TV critics and fans to denote the point in a television program's history where the plot veers off into absurd story lines or out-of-the-ordinary characterizations. This usually corresponds to the point where a show with falling ratings apparently becomes more desperate to draw in viewers. In the process of undergoing these changes, the TV or movie series loses its original appeal. Shows that have "jumped the shark" are typically deemed to have passed their peak.

-----------------------

Jimmy's room is done!:woohoo: Boy I thought that kid had alot of books. He's got more stuffed animals than Carter had liver spots!;)

Off for my walk to the grocery store and maybe stoipping for a bite to eat.

BBL gators!:hug:

askelton 09-24-2009 12:26 PM

Taken from when Fonzie jumped the shark. :thumbsup2

dlwharp 09-24-2009 12:29 PM

:wave2:I'm here - all subscribed and ready for shark jumping

Miz Diz 09-24-2009 12:58 PM

First page!

I'm here.

Hey everyone!

jcc0621 09-24-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askelton (Post 33700971)
Taken from when Fonzie jumped the shark. :thumbsup2

::yes::

Think we watch too much old TV:lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlwharp (Post 33701030)
:wave2:I'm here - all subscribed and ready for shark jumping

:thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miz Diz (Post 33701472)
First page!

I'm here.

Hey everyone!

Hi Mary :wave2: How are you guys with all that rain you had? Everyone dafe and sound?

cmp1111 09-24-2009 02:22 PM

I think I've been logged on all day by accident! :) Tennis was better. Not great, but she acknowledged her bad behavior last week, was grateful that I understood her point and also very perceptively said, "But I am bugging you after all this time, aren't I?" I said, honestly, "Yes, kind of," and so it was better.

Then I came home, showered, and D & I went to Panera for lunch. Then we trolled Home Depot - he wants to start redoing the downstairs bathroom (we have only 2 full baths - one up, and one down - no master.) We did the upstairs not long after we moved in. He does the work himself, which is fine, but the upstairs took 18 months by the time he was finished. Between his schedule and the kids being little... I hope this might go quicker, but I'm not hoping for a two week project, either - not at all realistic. I want it done, but... ;)

Anyway...

I hope T had a good Target trip, hope BA feels a bit better, and glad Janet got projects done! Hi to everyone else, and that's all I've got! :goodvibes

TheDISneyFamily 09-24-2009 02:38 PM

Page 1! :thumbsup2

Does anyone even remember me? Snif... snif... sob...

Hey Angela, shouldn't you be at F&W Fest soft opening today?!

jcc0621 09-24-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmp1111 (Post 33702618)
I think I've been logged on all day by accident! :) Tennis was better. Not great, but she acknowledged her bad behavior last week, was grateful that I understood her point and also very perceptively said, "But I am bugging you after all this time, aren't I?" I said, honestly, "Yes, kind of," and so it was better.

That's good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily (Post 33702834)
Page 1! :thumbsup2

Does anyone even remember me? Snif... snif... sob...

Hey Angela, shouldn't you be at F&W Fest soft opening today?!

Hi Michelle :wave2:

-------------------------------------------------

Took my walk to the grocery store and back. God I am out of shape (Not that I was in the best shape to begin with, but I could walk without getting exhausted)...that tired me out:headache: I need to get better faster! I hate this.

Off to make CE's Poppy chicken for dinner. Love this one! It's fast, easy, and good!:thumbsup2

Disneyland_Mama 09-24-2009 02:51 PM

Ah, I love the smell of an empty Target! :teeth:

Mostly had to pick up lunch crap and some cleaning stuff and toiletries for the kids. I've been using this new product called "Green Works", all natural all purpose cleaner. It's biodegradable, safe for kids etc. I love it! :thumbsup2 I'm trying to be more "green" these days. ;)

CE's chicken and noodles are in the crockpot for dinner, so I'm covered there. Tonight is my first Brownie leader meeting for the new year. I'm not looking forward to Brownie's this year. I cut the meetings down to twice a month, rather than weekly. It's just too much work for me every Tuesday and I get little to no parent help, besides Maddie's taking a Hip Hop Dance class on Tuesday now, too. Have mercy! :rolleyes:

So what's this about jumpin' the shark? :confused: Thanks for the wikipedia info Janet, or else I'd be lost! :lmao:

Disneyland_Mama 09-24-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc0621 (Post 33702971)
Off to make CE's Poppy chicken for dinner. Love this one! It's fast, easy, and good!:thumbsup2

:lmao: It must be CE's recipe night tonight! She's got great, easy recipes. I know my kids love her chicken and noodles and Waldo loves her Italian Beef!:thumbsup2

sorul82? 09-24-2009 03:24 PM

I'm here and apparently 6' tall and blond.

sorul82? 09-24-2009 03:27 PM

Did anyone watch Cougar Town? I thought it was going to be another drama type, but it's not. OMG was it funny! I'm sure I awoke a child or two.