The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Meets (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Feb 28, 2010 - 4 night Wonder Cruise (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2272319)

dthogue 08-31-2009 07:30 PM

Feb 28, 2010 - 4 night Wonder Cruise

I just booked this cruise with the "Kids Sail Free" promotion. It will be me, DH and DD (17) and DD (11). Would love to talk with others who will be on this cruise. This will be our 3rd DCL cruise (we also sailed on RCCL).

Tammy

KATIESMOMMY 08-31-2009 07:33 PM

Hi! I just put a hold on two cat 12 rooms for this cruise also!! I just couldnt pass up the price! Now to convince DH when he gets home this week! It will be me (41), DH, MIL, DD Katie 5, DD Carrie 3 and son to be DS Wyatt who will be 3 months old! This will be our second DCL cruise, we did a 7 day Western last Dec.

momto2inKC 08-31-2009 11:37 PM

Add us to the list! I took the kids this past April for the kids free promo and just couldn't pass it up this time either. It'll be me, dh, and the kids (boy 12, girl 11). :banana::banana:

dthogue 09-01-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KATIESMOMMY (Post 33391086)
Hi! I just put a hold on two cat 12 rooms for this cruise also!! I just couldnt pass up the price! Now to convince DH when he gets home this week! It will be me (41), DH, MIL, DD Katie 5, DD Carrie 3 and son to be DS Wyatt who will be 3 months old! This will be our second DCL cruise, we did a 7 day Western last Dec.

Katiesmommy - hope you can convince your DH - we couldn't pass up the price either. We are going to add 3 days at WDW after the cruise - the WDW tickets cost more than the cruise does :confused3

Tammy

dthogue 09-01-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momto2inKC (Post 33394067)
Add us to the list! I took the kids this past April for the kids free promo and just couldn't pass it up this time either. It'll be me, dh, and the kids (boy 12, girl 11). :banana::banana:

We took our youngest DD in May with the Kids Sail Free for her 11th birthday! We had a great time and rebooked a 7-night cruise for November 2010, but these prices we decided to add in another quick trip!!

Tammy

breakingd_awn 09-02-2009 09:27 AM

Yeah !!!! I finally met someone cruisin with us, I was beginning to think we had the ship to ourselves LOL. This is our first cruise ever and we can't wait.. ME36 DH 38 DD 14 DD 12 DD7 DD 20Months at cruise time. Were on deck 5 fwd:)

Charleyann 09-02-2009 12:41 PM

Over Here!

:Count us in....

Me: Charley-Ann

My best Friend since Childhood ; Faye

My Son : Jacob 14 years

My friend's son and Jacob's friend: Logan 13.11 months!!!!!

Hi everyone. This will be our second cruise. Our first being a Land and Sea package Dec.20/09.....:woohoo::dance3::woohoo:

Charleyann

dthogue 09-02-2009 12:45 PM

Hi Everyone - looks like we are going to have a nice size group sailing. I am so looking forward to it. We have to go get our passports soon - we weren't planning on cruising until June, but since we moved it up, we need to get them sooner - I'm not looking forward to sending the extra money though.

Is anyone interested in doing the Fish Extender exchange - let me know and I can organize it. We did it on our 3-night cruise in May and my DD loved it - it was so much fun!

Tammy

FLAngie 09-02-2009 07:24 PM

:wave2: Count us in too! This will be our first DCL. We did a CC (bad) and a RCL (great) before.

Tammy- Can you explain the whole FE thing?

momto2inKC 09-02-2009 10:04 PM

Count us in on the fish extender exchange! We had so much fun doing it on our last cruise :goodvibes

dthogue 09-03-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAngie (Post 33421285)
:wave2: Count us in too! This will be our first DCL. We did a CC (bad) and a RCL (great) before.

Tammy- Can you explain the whole FE thing?

Angie,

Hopefully I can explain this - each cabin has a fish mounted on the wall next to the door - DCL uses it to deliver notes and such. DIS members who participate in the exchange make or buy a "holder" or such that has pockets on it - most people have a pocket for each person in the cabin, but some just have one large pocket for everyone. Then each family decides on what they what to "exchange" or give to the other people participating. You can do one gift person or one family gift, you can do something each day of the cruise or just on one day - it is really up to each individual person - the gifts don't have to cost alot and can be store bought or hand made - whatever you want - there are no rules. If you do a search on the cruise forum you will see what others have done and get ideas on what the extender looks like. For our last cruise we gave out hershey cand bars (we are from Hershey) wrapped with a special wrapper designed for our cruise. We only did the 3-night crusie but got a ton of gifts - then you decide when you want to hand out your gifts, and try not to be caught. Hopefully that all makes sense - maybe someone else can help with the details a little more.

I will compile a list of those who want to participate, their cabin numbers and the names of everyone in the cabin along with the ages on kids.

It really is alot of fun - we had a blast running all over the ship and delivery our gifts and my DD just loved checking for gifts every time we returned to the cabin.

Hope everyone will consider joining us!

Tammy

breakingd_awn 09-03-2009 05:54 PM

Sounds like fun , we'd like to join too:) Just need to search for more info on the pockets

PoohJen 09-03-2009 10:19 PM

Hi Everyone!

We're in too! And convinced my sister and also another DIS friend to join us!

My family and my mother just got off the Magic that got routed away from Tortola last week; couldn't pass up the price! Ironically, there's a very good chance my kids won't be able to come (due to schools) - but I'm sure Mom and I will persevere and see this cruise through!

I'm very excited!:cool1: This is my 5th Disney cruise, second on the Wonder.

I'll need to get a new counter! Woo Hoo!:woohoo:

jworkkul 09-11-2009 11:04 AM

Hi, everyone. Count us in also. This will be our first Disney cruise. It will be myself, my daughter (age 26) and my sister (won't reveal her age). Looking forward to meeting all you guys. Booked category 6, cabin #6582. My sister's husband just died last week after 37 years of marriage quite suddenly and I had this reservation so I thought to add my sister. She was literally jumping out of her skin:banana: when I told her. Now, she has something to look forward to and make plans for.:dance3:

dthogue 09-11-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jworkkul (Post 33534576)
Hi, everyone. Count us in also. This will be our first Disney cruise. It will be myself, my daughter (age 26) and my sister (won't reveal her age). Looking forward to meeting all you guys. Booked category 6, cabin #6582. My sister's husband just died last week after 37 years of marriage quite suddenly and I had this reservation so I thought to add my sister. She was literally jumping out of her skin:banana: when I told her. Now, she has something to look forward to and make plans for.:dance3:

Welcome to our group. My condolences to your sister - its nice that you are able to include her in your cruise plans. Having something to plan and look forward to will help her through her grief.

Tammy