The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "The Dapplebeans Rejuvenation at Sea" June 20, 2009 *TORTOLA/TONS OF PICS* (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215685)

RoyalVizier 06-28-2009 03:51 PM

"The Dapplebeans Rejuvenation at Sea" June 20, 2009 *TORTOLA/TONS OF PICS*

It's coming... :woohoo:

SSRJen 06-28-2009 04:26 PM

We were on the same cruise. Looking forward to what you did compared to us and your take on things. :)

MagicMe 06-28-2009 04:30 PM

:dance3: You know we're all very anxious to hear your adventures!!! I know there's someone happy your home - Ollie!!!

firstmickey 06-28-2009 08:27 PM

Waiting. popcorn::

Smileneyes 06-28-2009 08:34 PM

We're also waiting to see the cruise from RV's view! :cool1:

(And, if the trip report doesn't include a picture of the famous flip-flops, we've got one to share!)

IrenicMom 06-28-2009 08:44 PM

Looking forward to reading all about it!

anewmac 06-28-2009 10:28 PM

cant wait to live through you!

anetnmike 06-29-2009 08:33 AM

woo hoo! popcorn::

Jennifer48 06-29-2009 04:41 PM

I'm ready! popcorn::

RoyalVizier 06-29-2009 07:54 PM

The Introduction

Strap yourselves in, folks, because the time has come for this baby to launch. We returned from the 7 night Eastern special itinerary cruise this past Saturday, and we had a remarkable time. :cloud9: Out of four DCL cruises, we are deeming this one the best so far, and it was nearly flawless in every way. There was just one slight blemish tucked within the week, but nothing that caused too great of harm. High points over the week were by far:
  • The weather – stunningly magnificent all week.
  • The Baths – Tortola day brought adventure.
  • Acquaintances – we met DIS friends on this cruise and saw them often throughout the week.
This cruise brought much needed escape to our lives. My wife and I were nearing a breaking point in day-to-day life. I wrote a pre-trip report documenting the planning stage and everything leading up to this cruise (you can check it out HERE if you are so inclined). Just in case you missed the pre-trip report, allow me to summarize the last 12 months in the lives of RV and family:
  • My wife was laid off
  • Her father passed away
  • Her mother moved in with us
  • Our home’s dog/cat pet-count reached five
  • My wife got a job that she hated with a passion
  • My wife was laid off… again
  • Finances become remarkably worrisome
  • Stresses mounted
  • My own job came into question
  • I was spared in an ugly lay off spree
  • And ultimately my wife and I decided that the need for escape from the mounting pressures was much more important to us than the need to be financially responsible, so a DCL vacation was booked, taken, and enjoyed immensely and here we are.
So did our week on the sea do us some good? I’d have to say that yes, it did… very much. I feel renewed and rejuvenated. I could practically feel the tension release as I crossed the threshold from terminal to Deck 3 atrium. I believe the ocean air gave me a better outlook to the future and a much needed attitude adjustment. I think that the crystal skies infused a renewed determination in my wife to continue with her job search. The smiles haven’t yet left our faces. The memories of this last week are still firmly in place. I just hope all of this positive energy sticks around for a while and doesn’t leave us too quickly.

I guess before I begin this tale I should offer explanation of the title I have chosen for this trip report: The Dapplebeans Rejuvenation at Sea. One of the main points of discussion within my pre-trip report was our nearly two-year-old dapple dachshund pup, Ollie. This dog is the absolute love of my wife’s life, and if there was anything difficult about leaving for a week on this cruise, it was leaving Ollie. So within my pre-trip report, discussion quickly turned to all things Ollie, and one thing led to another, and people started joking about an Ollie fan club and wanting Ollie souvenirs and buttons and well… that was all it took. Dapple is the name for Ollie’s coat, the speckled black and grey markings, and “bean” is what we’ve always thought he looked like when he curls up so cute and tight so… Dapplebeans was born and it stuck.

So are you ready to share in my MAGICAL voyage on the big blue? It’s time… :cool2:

Up Next: Windsor Knots and BOGO Biscuits

Smileneyes 06-29-2009 09:19 PM

An outstanding introduction, RV! :thumbsup2

Yes, the weather was incomparable. I received a lot of "look at that tan!" comments from my staff this morning...along with the occasional "I'm jealous!" whan viewing the pics in the digital camera.

I think Disney owes me a finder's fee...convinced two people to book on DCL today. ;)

Keep up the great report!

Evette 06-29-2009 10:33 PM

Can't wait to read all about your trip!! popcorn::

my3m 06-29-2009 10:55 PM

Subscribing

and please dont let us WAITING popcorn::
Really can't wait.

anewmac 06-30-2009 01:01 AM

Great intro. Glad it was the best for you, yall deserved it.

Man I wish we would have stayed on it... I thought of yall all week.. (cursed you a few times LOL) Cant wait to read the play by play!

anetnmike 06-30-2009 10:48 AM

awesome intro RV, can't wait for the rest of the story...:goodvibes