The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Camping at Disney World (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   4 Generation Trip (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2202719)

stacktester 06-13-2009 05:13 PM

4 Generation Trip

This past week I took my grandmother and mom to the fort for a few days. With myself and Annie it made 4 generations.

We arrived Monday and were given a 1900 site to which I refused. The lady then gave us 1730 something. When we got there, there was some men sawing up a 3' x 3' piece of asphalt due to a water line leak. The concrete saw was bad but then they brought in a big vacuum truck to get all the water out and it was loud as heck for about an hour. I called the front and asked for something on the other side and was finally given 1710. It was perfect for a 31' 5'er with room left for the truck.

Once we got set up I cooked some burgers and dogs. Had to show everybody around so we took the cart looping and stopped by the movie and pool area. 1700 has dried up a lot for anybody coming to a full hookup loop.

The days were too hot for g'mom so we stayed around the fort and chilled out. We did EMH at Epcot Tuesday night and DHS on Wednesday. Both nights we found a wheelchair in the lot and just used it for my grandmom so she didn't get worn out. She was fine to get around in the attractions but walking the whole time would've taken a toll on her. One funny thing about Soarin was we walked up to see how long a wait it was and a CM walked up to about 15 of us in the same area and started counting heads. He then said come with me and took us outside and then into the que area of the ride. We had no fastpasses so why he took us I don't know. I nthink the other people we walked up behind had them and he already took them. Except for a couple rides, most every one had a CM take us to a special area maybe not bypassing the entire line but no long waits. I really wanted her to see some of the shows at the studios but they were long over when we got there.

Wednesday was MK. I misread the EMH and thought they had EMH from 10-1 but they actually closed at 10. We got to go on HM, COP and Laugh Floor. My mom, Annie and her friend got to do SM and BTMR as well.

Yesterday was pretty busy. I had to not only pack my camper up but I also had the pup rented to a lady in the 1500 loop. She brought her 2 kids and a friend of her's came as well with her son. When you come into 1500 loop they had the site straight ahead. It was really private and had a huge coquina area. I think it was 1521. No need to circle the loop.

It was a great trip but I'm sorry to say no pics. We never remembered the camera when we went somewhere. I think they're coming back Thanksgiving so we shall get some them.

liv luvs disney 06-13-2009 06:45 PM

Sounds like you had a great "quick trip". I am so looking forward to our
3-generation trip in the Fall.

I will be some-what in your neck of the woods next week. We are leaving Father's Day and staying at Hanna Park for a week, then going back until the 6th to help my parents put their garden up. They live in Baker County.

TheFlame 06-13-2009 09:09 PM

Really cool Donnie!

You are very blessed to have your mom and grandmother and that they are able to enjoy WDW.

Glad you had a good trip!:)

OK GRUMPY 06-13-2009 09:40 PM

That's what I like about Disney & Fort Wilderness theres something for everyone to enjoy!
Glad you all had a good time.

I'mDownWithDisney 06-13-2009 10:31 PM

Cool. We did a 4 gen trip last year. Have another one planned for this year and hopefully many more.

stacktester 06-14-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv luvs disney (Post 32259585)
Sounds like you had a great "quick trip". I am so looking forward to our
3-generation trip in the Fall.

I will be some-what in your neck of the woods next week. We are leaving Father's Day and staying at Hanna Park for a week, then going back until the 6th to help my parents put their garden up. They live in Baker County.

I'm about 20 minutes from Hanna Park. It's really shady. They left a lot of oaks there.

bama_ed 06-14-2009 02:37 PM

Donnie,

I think it's great that you did this. When Annie is older she'll have wonderful memories of spending some extended, relaxed time with family at the Fort.

Bama ED

VACAMPER 06-14-2009 03:30 PM

glad you had a good time donnie, great memories.

DaveInTN 06-14-2009 03:42 PM

Sounds like a great trip. That's interesting about the CMs in Epcot pulling you into special areas to avoid lines. Obviously someone tipped them off that the Mayor was visiting.

liv luvs disney 06-14-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveInTN (Post 32269873)
Sounds like a great trip. That's interesting about the CMs in Epcot pulling you into special areas to avoid lines. Obviously someone tipped them off that the Mayor was visiting.

:goodvibes

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacktester (Post 32265196)
I'm about 20 minutes from Hanna Park. It's really shady. They left a lot of oaks there.

IMO, it has gone down hill over the years, but that's where my Mom likes to go, so we'll gladly oblige.

auntie 06-15-2009 02:10 PM

Sounds like you had a nice trip Donnie. :thumbsup2

proudmomof4 06-20-2009 07:03 AM

Donnie..... DH and I were wondering why we only saw you that one time during our whole trip, we had a LOT of down time at the fort on this trip, but it sounds like you were pretty busy.

Minnie&Mickey 06-20-2009 03:31 PM

How wonderful that you were able to take 4 generations to the Fort. Sounds like you had a great time!