The DIS Discussion Forums -

The DIS Discussion Forums - (
-   Disneyland (California) (
-   -   postpone trip (

JadeDarkstar 05-10-2009 05:51 PM

postpone trip
well its started being talked about in my house that we could wait an do our trip next year.

1 reason is the thing in dca will be done.
2 we can get so many things we have wanted. (one of witch is something i want to help me get in shape a bit more)
That thread need or want? well it started to make me think alot.

Yes im sad but then again it will be better all thee way around an we get a few other things paid off :confused3
dont ask me where this rational thinking started??? maybe its just all the troubles in extended family this year, an then all the other post saying they had to cancle or postpone. well It makes since.

Hay Disney land, fantasmic an the holiday tour will all still be there next year an we knew we weren't going next year. One of these years just needs to be a year skip. DH says it makes more since for that year to be this year.
(now more so because found out dca thing would be open. lol):wizard:

but to all you going this year Have a blast ill still be here an help others an interact with all my Dis Board friends.

(only a lot of pixie dust an luck will make this years trip go so for now this is what we are thinking.)

blackjackdelta 05-10-2009 06:27 PM

Sometimes it is time to make the right decision if those are your goals. We postponed last year and may have to this year as the tuition in Wa state continues to become prohibitive.

The best,


JadeDarkstar 05-10-2009 06:38 PM

thanks jack, an good luck with the tuition

PinkBudgie 05-10-2009 07:00 PM

Well, if you had to choose between now and next year, you are right- next year more will be done with DCA. You would get to see the World of Color show by then. :) Plus you will have longer to save up for it. :thumbsup2

JadeDarkstar 05-10-2009 07:18 PM

ya thats the show we want to see

1-disneyfan 05-10-2009 07:30 PM

We too postponed our trip. We would have gone last week, but put it off until October. Paid off car instead....the grown up thing to do :thumbsup2 we're not use to doing that.:rotfl: now a few extra months to save and we'll see DL decorated for Halloween. You are doing what is right for your family like you said DCA will be done and you'll enjoy your trip that much more :cool1:


50sjayne 05-11-2009 10:58 AM

Yeah we were debating to go in Nov, for son's birthday and our 20 year anniversary (they are days apart) but decided to wait until June 2010. Mostly because of World of Color, but I also didn't want to pull kid out of his first year of college for a week. He is autistic and I don't want to make things harder for him. Also my sister in law, her family, my mom in law+ husband, and maybe my other sister in law might go too. they always go the second week in June. A little late for us--probably going to have to priceline it with no et rate for HOJO :scared: and I doubt there will be any great ticket deals but we do know a guy now who works on Disneyland a lot apparently who can get us at least one day at Disneyland free. There's always the Costco City Pass too- we'd like to see the Simpsons ride, and I've always wanted to go to the San Diego Zoo. Really though, I feel we'd only be wanting to be in Disneyland if we were down there.

JadeDarkstar 05-11-2009 12:47 PM

you know it may be good too my son wants to ride indy an well hes still to short but hes starting to grow like a weed so maybe by next year he will be able to ride it

an we will go at Christmas time for my bday the small crowds time an still get all we wanted this time
an see world of colors

godalejunior 05-11-2009 02:54 PM


Originally Posted by blackjackdelta (Post 31758971)
Sometimes it is time to make the right decision if those are your goals. We postponed last year and may have to this year as the tuition in Wa state continues to become prohibitive.

The best,


You are telling me!!! I am graduating with my Master's next month and I am so glad we were locked in to our tuition rate the last three years. Some of the schools are reporting 28% over the next two years!!!!!!!!!!:scared1:

pixiewings71 05-11-2009 03:16 PM

Jade, do what's best for your family. If it makes sense to wait then wait, you'll have more time to save and pay off what needs to get paid off, you'll have more time to plan and to anticipate as well. So many fun and new things to do also, that's always a plus. We wouldn't have APs this year, we were going to skip, but DBF's parents gave them to us for Christmas, that's the only way we can afford it right now. :) It's hard to make that choice but if it's for the best then you know what to do. :)

JadeDarkstar 05-11-2009 04:23 PM

thanks all we are both taking the time an discussing it. But i just needed some support that if we do have to postpone it an all. Its not the end of the world even tho right now.
I feel down i have been all day its odd I cant explain why these days happen lol

but at least if it happens Ive got you all here hehe *hugs*

pixiewings71 05-11-2009 05:52 PM

That's right, you can live vicariously thru us if you need to! :) I hope you're feeling better soon!

JadeDarkstar 05-11-2009 07:31 PM

thanks i am. My mom an i had like a two hour talk
she an I talked about so many things she said there is a way to do both an im being muture by (if I go) cutting down on wants.
an still paying two major bills. Just cutting out alot of the junk i may have got (like the whole wii bundle for the family)

My mom knows how addicting it can be. lol an even a month ago said "why disney again?? why not sea world or something )

but today when i needed her she helped me so at least I feel a little better. Moms always help some how

(so heres a slim chance i can get everything i need to done an still go) *smiles*

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.