The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen! 8/1 MK Parade (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2170062)

karajeboo 05-07-2009 12:31 PM

Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen! 8/1 MK Parade

It's true..... If you've read my previous reports you know that I have a lucky streak, and it's happened again!

Just got back from another weekend in the World! We live in Jacksonville, just 2 1/2 hrs from WDW and we make the most of it.

This time, I didn't even need to drag my DH kicking and screaming. In fact, HE wanted to leave earlier than we actually did! Someone fess up - who's pumping the pixie dust into his office???

He was excited to check out our latest resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge. We try to stay at a different resort each trip, and this one was a bit intriguing for us. And because of that, this trip was done totally different than others.

Here we are.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...9/P5030064.jpg

Me. Kara. 42. Being advised to enroll in a Disney 12-step program.

DH. Jeff. 39. Never lets me forget he's younger. Loves Disney when we're there, but outta sight, outta mind. So I make it a point to get him there for a weekend about every other month.

DD. Ally. 8. Going on 18. Loves Disney like her mama. Also knows she is spoiled rotten at WDW so she never turns down a trip.

Jeff fears that we will get "bored" if we go to WDW too often. Well, he also FEARS Dinosaur, but that's in my LAST Trip Report. Anywho....

Somehow, each time we "do" Disney, we do it right. And we don't overdo it or redo it. It's always different. Somehow, the magic remains trip after trip. And this trip we were lucky enough to experience a new resort, and new experiences on old attractions. Stick with me and I'll do my best to take you on a humorous trip with my family. Our trips are anything but dull...... especially when you're with "that guy" from Monsters Inc. :rolleyes1 Oh, did I give away too much? ;)

Up next, the incredible AKL and the first major upgrade!

*Emily* 05-07-2009 12:37 PM

Sounds great, I can't wait to read more!

pixidustmom 05-07-2009 01:27 PM

Yay, I am glad I got to jump in early. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Jeanine3kids 05-07-2009 01:46 PM

Sounds Great

podsnel 05-07-2009 04:07 PM

Already I've LOL'd 10 times!!! From just one post!!! You ARE the queen of upgrades- but you are also the Queen of Funny!:worship::rotfl2: Post some pictures already!!!!!!!!! I need to get psyched!!!!!!popcorn::

karajeboo 05-07-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Emily* (Post 31711446)
Sounds great, I can't wait to read more!

Stay tuned and buckle up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixidustmom (Post 31712358)
Yay, I am glad I got to jump in early. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Early? You almost beat ME here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanine3kids (Post 31712758)
Sounds Great

You can HEAR me? You need to talk to a dr I think....:rolleyes1

Quote:

Originally Posted by podsnel (Post 31715415)
Already I've LOL'd 10 times!!! From just one post!!! You ARE the queen of upgrades- but you are also the Queen of Funny!:worship::rotfl2: Post some pictures already!!!!!!!!! I need to get psyched!!!!!!popcorn::

What are you talking about??? 10 times? You need to get out more often.... oh wait, you ARE out more - Disney, HHI, St John, OBX, DCL..... shall I go on??? :rotfl2:

onejellyshelly 05-07-2009 04:13 PM

I'm in. Can't wait to read more. I am from Panama City Fl. Nice to have another Floridaian.

OhMari 05-07-2009 04:21 PM

My dd lived just north of Jacksonville for 6 months in GLYNNIS.
She had fun times in Jacksonville.
I wish I would have met you or gotten to know you, you seem like the type that would of checked up on my dd for me.

Looking forward to your report.

Jitzy 05-07-2009 04:54 PM

Well, "Howdy Neighbor!" We're in St. Johns County. Nothing better than heading down to Disney for the weekend. Aren't we lucky? (Even without the upgrades.) I can't wait to hear your report!!!

onelilspark 05-07-2009 04:58 PM

Ooooooo UPGRADES! Are they magical?!

Lovemy3babes 05-07-2009 05:17 PM

More upgrades?! You're so darn lucky! I can't wait to read more. :)

CRdisMom 05-07-2009 05:29 PM

of course on board for this one too. Can't wait to hear about the upgrades, BSIL and your crazy DIS friends....

tink1957 05-07-2009 05:46 PM

:woohoo:Another trip report from Kara! I get to live vicariously through you till we go in Sept. I've always wanted to stay at AKL, but couldn't afford it especially since we added DS's girlfriend to our Sept trip, what fun!

I can't wait to read about your latest upgrade.popcorn::

babytrees 05-07-2009 08:45 PM

Yeah!! I get in on this one BEFORE it's finished:cool1::lmao:

Girl, I want your mojo when we finally get to go back next year:cool1: Disney did give us a night of the dining plan last time....so it could work again!!:thumbsup2

micandminforever 05-07-2009 09:26 PM

I can't wait to read about your latest fun trip and upgrade.

Great this time I made the first page.