The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   is it worth going to the pepper market for CS if we aren't staying there? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159170)

kha100399 04-25-2009 12:41 PM

is it worth going to the pepper market for CS if we aren't staying there?

the menu looks great, and we have never done CS, we did deluxe on our first trip, and this is our second trip. So would you go to the pepper market, if you weren't staying at the coronado?

thanks

keywestbride 04-25-2009 12:53 PM

I wouldn't eat there if we were staying there! Sorry PM fans, but we didn't care for it at all.

maggiew 04-25-2009 01:38 PM

I enjoy PM and if you are interested in trying it, go for it! Then you can look around the resort. I think its very pretty there.

I think its definitely worth it on the dining plan as a CS.

Maggie

ElizabethB 04-25-2009 01:57 PM

No. We avoided it even when we stayed at CSR -- very disappointing for both food and service.

tortoni 04-25-2009 01:59 PM

Worst food on property, in my opinion. Made a special trip there in December and ordered dinner. Inedible.

KandD 04-25-2009 02:17 PM

We stayed at CS last January and only ate at PM once. We weren't thrilled with it and it is expensive for counter service...if you are on the DP I guess it would be more worth it.

tinka-belle 04-25-2009 02:22 PM

Go for it! Make it an excuse to check out the resort.

We like the PM and Maya Grill, and have gone there even when we don't stay at CSR, though it's become our moderate resort of choice now.

It's only counter service after all, and not everyone's cup of tea. Your food may be ready earlier or later than others in your party if they've gone to different sections. Most people don't like the 10% service charge, and the prices are higher that other mod. CS since Disney doesn't run the food locations at CSR. This can make it an expensive OOP meal. Neither of these is an issue if you are on a DDP. The up side is that most dishes are made fresh in front of you, or at least assembled in front of you for the pre-made items, so you can alter to your taste.

We don't expect a restaurant quality meal from a counter service location, but find the food is pretty good. Sure the steaks are small and sometimes fatty, but we ask at the grill first before we order and if it's fatty today we order something else. I have yet to try the new menu, but I'm sure I'll find a few things I like. Compared to other CS locations, they have a much more extensive selection.

JMD 04-25-2009 03:57 PM

Pepper market is great, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. If you aren't going to the parks and want to spend some time at CSR, then go ahead and try it. Otherwise I would skip it.

tndisneyfan 04-25-2009 04:31 PM

Neverf ate at Pepper Market but I don't think I would make a special trip to a resort for a CS meal. It just takes too much transportation time. Of course if you wanted to check out the resort it could be worthwhile.

MickeyNicki 04-25-2009 04:48 PM

We did! We were on our way to check in at the AKL and DH really wanted to eat at the Pepper Market..the food was good but man it was not cheap! 2 dinners, 2 drinks and 2 desserts was over $50

tarheelmjfan 04-25-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tndisneyfan (Post 31519304)
Neverf ate at Pepper Market but I don't think I would make a special trip to a resort for a CS meal. It just takes too much transportation time. Of course if you wanted to check out the resort it could be worthwhile.

We've eaten at PM, & thought it was okay. I definitely wouldn't make a special trip to eat there. Like tndisneyfan, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at any of the resort CS restaurants, unless I had a lot of time to waste.

got2luvtink 04-25-2009 05:13 PM

We were on DDP last year and thought this would be a great place to eat for a CS. We were pretty dissapointed in the food and service from the people taking orders. Would have rather eaten at the CS at our hotel.

ROEDISNEY 04-25-2009 05:25 PM

On one hand I don't like the way the pepper mart operates. But there burgers are good and my son loved there Quesadillas. And yes they are more $$$ there in my opinion.

shellybaxter 04-25-2009 05:29 PM

We made a big effort to try the Pepper Market. Two different trips we tried to go for lunch and the conventions being held at the hotel had just let out for lunch - the lines were atrocious - we didn't stay. They say three times is a charm - on our third trip we were able to be seated without a huge wait. We thought the food was just okay - and it was expensive - even for Disney. We won't be back and are sorry we wasted so much time trying to give it a try

schoen 04-25-2009 05:37 PM

my dh and i went there for lunch on a non park day. we were on the ddp, i doubt we would have done it otherwise. We also had our own transportation. I had chicken fajitas, and dh had the quesadilla. I liked mine well enough. I doubt we'll go back unless we stay there, but it was good enough. I was glad we tried it.