The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   When will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Open? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2153721)

CusiCuzi 04-19-2009 05:54 PM

When will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Open?

I ask you DISBoard members, when will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit open? I'm going to Universal for the last time this year on May 22-24. Will it be at least in the soft openings stage?

Metro West 04-19-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CusiCuzi (Post 31419063)
I ask you DISBoard members, when will Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit open? I'm going to Universal for the last time this year on May 22-24. Will it be at least in the soft openings stage?

I seriously doubt it will be open anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong but there seems to be a lot of rumours flying around about there being something wrong with the lift hill. We'll have to wait and see.

inkkognito 04-19-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CusiCuzi (Post 31419063)

Although it doesn't look good for Rip Ride Rockit, SeaWorld's new coaster opens on May 22 if you want to swing over there.

Metro West 04-19-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkkognito (Post 31420176)
Although it doesn't look good for Rip Ride Rockit, SeaWorld's new coaster opens on May 22 if you want to swing over there.

I'm waiting for word of a passholder preview for Manta.

inkkognito 04-19-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metro West (Post 31420673)
I'm waiting for word of a passholder preview for Manta.

DH too...he's still trying to convince me that we should get SW APs for that very reason.

Metro West 04-19-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkkognito (Post 31421422)
DH too...he's still trying to convince me that we should get SW APs for that very reason.

That's what I did. ;)

DOOM1001 04-19-2009 09:11 PM

Forget HRRR coaster opening anytime soon,construction isn't complete,as others have said there seems to be an issue with the lift hill so I'm not expecting it to be open until late at least mid July.Manta at Sea World is going to be open for your trip,so head there but expect big lines as it appears your trip will be during it's opening.

macraven 04-19-2009 11:41 PM

from what i have read on other boards, not the disboards, i don't see how the new ride could open this late spring.

i'm crossing my fingers that it will be open when i go in the fall......:eek:

jshopper2 04-20-2009 02:19 AM

This is good info! I do not want to ride on a coaster that isn't safe!!!!

Jennifer

Orlando313 04-20-2009 02:56 PM

It doesn't look like it will open anytime soon. They were working on the coaster when I was there last Thursday, but it was on the very back between Mummy and Twister. Looked like they were doing some kind of welding stuff or something. Honestly, I think it's just a big rumor about the lift hill, I don't feel that a mistake that large would be made. I'd be more scared of them running out of money, like they've mentioned on the news, than the lift hill being in the wrong place.

dragonfly32837 04-20-2009 06:00 PM

While they were not working on the lift hill; the loading area has made much progress.

donaldduck352 04-20-2009 07:28 PM

My take on this is it was built in Germany to the specs of the engineers and architechs that designed it.If they have a problem of the pieces not fitting,it should fall back on them..

This ride was purchased or finaced years ago.Who's fault is it?? The manufacter-the company hired to build it??:confused3
Universal was expecting a spring opening.Now thats out the window.I'm sure there lossing money dailey without it bieng operational..:sad2:

Its gonna be a huge draw for crowds that US needs NOW!!Much less HP next year.

That raises another question.Will they have problems opening HP on time??

I just hope Universal gets the problem resolved before they lose any more money...

We all know what money shape US is in right now,along with the rest of the economy.All I heard the past week was how empty the parks are,this is not a good sign.

But I know US will pull thru with flying colors!!:thumbsup2

ky07 04-20-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldduck352 (Post 31438501)
My take on this is it was built in Germany to the specs of the engineers and architechs that designed it.If they have a problem of the pieces not fitting,it should fall back on them..

This ride was purchased or finaced years ago.Who's fault is it?? The manufacter-the company hired to build it??:confused3
Universal was expecting a spring opening.Now thats out the window.I'm sure there lossing money dailey without it bieng operational..:sad2:

Its gonna be a huge draw for crowds that US needs NOW!!Much less HP next year.

That raises another question.Will they have problems opening HP on time??

I just hope Universal gets the problem resolved before they lose any more money...

We all know what money shape US is in right now,along with the rest of the economy.All I heard the past week was how empty the parks are,this is not a good sign.

But I know US will pull thru with flying colors!!:thumbsup2

I agree :thumbsup2

F-L-A 04-20-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshopper2 (Post 31425513)
This is good info! I do not want to ride on a coaster that isn't safe!!!!

Jennifer

Who said anything about the coaster being unsafe? They wouldn't open an attraction that wasn't safe.

the Dark Marauder 04-20-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F-L-A (Post 31441601)
Who said anything about the coaster being unsafe? They wouldn't open an attraction that wasn't safe.

Exactly! The ride goes through rigorous testing and signoffs before any living person can ride it. Even then, it still has a lot of testing that has to happen before the first guest rides it.