The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hollywood and Vine Ch. lunch (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2137810)

disneyobessed 04-02-2009 11:06 AM

Hollywood and Vine Ch. lunch

I was hoping for some input on this.. we may get an ADR for here for my daughter who will be 2 when we go.. How is the food... and how are the kids options?

KatMark 04-02-2009 11:36 AM

I don't know if lunch is different than dinner (except that lunch has characters), but it is one of three Disney restaurants we will never step foot in again. Bad service, bad food.

abc999 04-02-2009 11:57 AM

The kids selections are standard, mac & cheese, chicken fingers, etc. The kids can eat the adult food and adults can eat the kids food, you don't have to stick to one.

The interaction there is great, even if the food is not. My DD5 is asking to go back there, she still remembers it from 1.5 years ago.

TinkerbellinLouisian 04-02-2009 02:02 PM

Like H & V

It seems I am one of those few people who like H & V - had TS there the last 4 times I've been to HS.

Certainly if it were just myself and DH I would probably try somewhere else...

But I've had to contend with wanting good food for myself and DH and 3 picky kids. (One who decided to be vegetarian last year).

So I do like H & V because I feel we get our moneys worth and no one leaves hungry.

I loved the salad selections.... tomatoes with buffalo mozzerella, artichoke hearts with proscuitto, for dinner DH had the broiled fish, I had roast with mashed garlic potatoes, the kids loved the peel-your-own shrimp, then of course the kids buffet with the usual chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, etc.

ALL the kids loved the "make your own sundae" buffet....

service was pretty good. It is quite a bustling place but as I said - no one left hungry.

Hugs,
Mary

GoofTroop 04-02-2009 02:23 PM

If your daughter is into Little Einsteins I would say go.....We went there last year for lunch, the kids had a blast, especially my 2 year old, but the food and service was lousy. I'm glad we went for the kids' experiencing it, but we won't go back. It was worth it seeing the joy on my childrens' faces dancing around the restaurant with Little Einstein and freinds.

If you don't have a little one, I'd say avoid it.

Elizabeth

francie57 04-02-2009 08:21 PM

We haven't been there in a year or so but the one and only time we went it was really not that great. Very institutional buffet and not the greatest service. We will not go again.

letsgoagainsoon 04-02-2009 08:29 PM

We ate there last fall for lunch and I was very apprehensive due to the terrible reviews, but we were all pleasantly surprised. The characters and service was great and we didn't think the food was bad...they had a decent selection of everything.

kennythepirate 04-03-2009 12:28 AM

We ask for a late breakfast ADR and eat it for lunch basically. We were able to sample both menus that way.

arielmomma 04-03-2009 07:30 AM

My son really likes the Play and Dine. We don't even have the Disney Channel, so he knows little about the little einsteins or Jo Jo, but he thinks that the singing and dancing is a lot of fun and the food is generally familiar to him all through the buffet. Although it is not our favorite buffet, my husband and I enjoy it here and will go back again. The food isn't bad, its just not quite as good as some of the others. I would recommend it.