The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   September '09 PTR ~ A trip full of WONDERful firsts! UPDATED 10/12 TR STARTED! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2132373)

jenny105 03-28-2009 09:45 AM

September '09 PTR ~ A trip full of WONDERful firsts! UPDATED 10/12 TR STARTED!

Hi guys! This is my first PTR ever so please, be patient with me!

A little background info on the cast of characters:

Me - Jen, 26, born & raised in NJ. I've been a travel consultant for almost a year (May 5will be 1 year!) and a retired waitress. :) I love all things Disney. This will be my fourth full trip to the World since 2006. I took a trip to MK as a shore excursion on a 2005 NCL cruise so since then, I've been hooked. Previously, I hadn't been there since I was about 7 or 8 years old, when my parents took me. Back then, MGM was practically brand new...and still called MGM!

DBf - Joe, 27, also from NJ. He's a waiter for Chili's right now but more importantly an aspiring movie director. He just wrapped up his first feature length film and is in the process of editing it! I made a cameo :laughing: We've been together for almost 4 years (April 24th!) and he probably loves Disney more than I do. He's taken trips with his family every summer since he was a kid and he's always been my companion for Disney World. I have no idea what number trip this will be for him!

Here's a picture of us:
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/p...ievaltimes.jpg

The plan for this trip is:
9/20-9/24 staying at POR
9/24-9/27 set sail on the Wonder!
9/27-9/29 two extra nights of magic at ASMo

These are all firsts for us! We've never stayed at POR (I've never stayed at a Mod!) or ASMo. We're POP people. Neither one of us have ever sailed with DCL. Other cruise lines yes, but not Disney! We're doing it in style this time! :)

Expect more updates as the time gets closer. Less than 6 months to go!!

tiggerfan1 03-28-2009 10:12 AM

Hey Jenny! :wave: I'm so glad that you decided to do a pre-trip report. Nice PTR intro! That's such a cute picture of you guys. Love those Medieval Times crowns. :laughing:

That's cool that Joe wants to be a movie director. Tell him I said congrats on making is first feature-length film. That's a great accomplishment. Please keep us updated about that.

Can't wait to read more! :cool1:

karentan 03-28-2009 10:23 AM

hiya jenny! cant wait for our cruise!

jenny105 03-28-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggerfan1 (Post 31049147)
Hey Jenny! :wave: I'm so glad that you decided to do a pre-trip report. Nice PTR intro! That's such a cute picture of you guys. Love those Medieval Times crowns. :laughing:

That's cool that Joe wants to be a movie director. Tell him I said congrats on making is first feature-length film. That's a great accomplishment. Please keep us updated about that.

Can't wait to read more! :cool1:

Thanks for stopping by! :yay:

Medieval Times is so much fun! We went there for Joe's birthday this past January. It was a blast.

I will definitely keep you updated on his movie. He usually posts trailers online so I'll send you a link if you'd like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karentan (Post 31049313)
hiya jenny! cant wait for our cruise!

Me either!! :banana: I'm looking forward to summer but I'm also hoping it flies by!

Mic_E_Man 03-28-2009 10:30 AM

Sounds like a nice trip

jenny105 03-28-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mic_E_Man (Post 31049431)
Sounds like a nice trip

Yup! I can't wait!

tiggerfan1 03-28-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny105 (Post 31049428)
Thanks for stopping by! :yay:

Medieval Times is so much fun! We went there for Joe's birthday this past January. It was a blast.

I will definitely keep you updated on his movie. He usually posts trailers online so I'll send you a link if you'd like.

You're welcome! I'm glad that you and Joe had a great time at MT. And yes, please PM the link for the movie trailer! :cool1:

Mic E Man- :welcome: to the DIS boards!! :wave2:

Rora 03-29-2009 08:18 AM

Hey Jenny!!

Checking into the PTR. I am so excited for this trip- I plan on living vicariously through you :laughing:.. You and DBF are so cute!!

Can't wait to read more!

jenny105 03-30-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggerfan1 (Post 31049974)
You're welcome! I'm glad that you and Joe had a great time at MT. And yes, please PM the link for the movie trailer! :cool1:

I will let you know when one goes up. He had put one up a couple months ago but I'm not sure if it'd still around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rora (Post 31063208)
Hey Jenny!!

Checking into the PTR. I am so excited for this trip- I plan on living vicariously through you :laughing:.. You and DBF are so cute!!

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! :)

I can't wait for this trip! It's going to be the best one yet!

wdwmom0f3 03-30-2009 10:01 AM

Hi! Just stepping in to say hello. I see that you are going in Sept. Did you get free dining today? If not call & ask for it. Code TBV It saved me a ton of money. :goodvibes

See ya!!

jenny105 03-30-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 (Post 31082672)
Hi! Just stepping in to say hello. I see that you are going in Sept. Did you get free dining today? If not call & ask for it. Code TBV It saved me a ton of money. :goodvibes

See ya!!

Is it available for Land & Sea packages? I heard that it isn't.

jenny105 03-30-2009 03:06 PM

Free Dining Question

So I know that my dates fall within the free dining promotion at WDW. But I've heard that if you have a Land & Sea package, you are not eligible to get it. I would love to add it on but I don't think that I can since it's not a new booking or a MYW package. Has anyone ever gotten free dining via Land & Sea?

karentan 03-30-2009 03:32 PM

jenny, give CRO a ring and find out, there's no harm in asking!

jenny105 03-31-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karentan (Post 31089709)
jenny, give CRO a ring and find out, there's no harm in asking!

Thank you again for asking when you called to link up our reservations! Woohoo! Table mates!

karentan 03-31-2009 03:09 PM

yay we get to sit with nice normal people!!!!