The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Unexpected day of dining - HELP! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2127979)

pianoronni37 03-24-2009 09:48 AM

Unexpected day of dining - HELP!
 
So of the three listed, which would you choose and why?

DH and I are going for 7 days instead of 6 (woohooooo!) but that leaves us with a dining predicament - where should we go?

We'll be on the DxDP but we are eating at all of the signatures that we want already (Jiko, Flying Fish, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoossee's) and we don't want to bog down our day with yet another signature!

We also don't want to schedule the dinner to be in a park, because we want to explore the resorts!

Which would you pick, and why? :goodvibes

weHEARTmickey 03-24-2009 09:50 AM

I voted for O'hana's just b/c we love it! WCC seems interesting too, though. And that resort is beautiful. Good luck! ;)

DiznyDi 03-24-2009 09:58 AM

I didn't vote.
I would choose either Whispering Canyon or O'Hana. Both of these resorts are beautiful and worth exploring prior to or after your meal. Have fun deciding and enjoy your trip! :)

disney4us2002 03-24-2009 10:21 AM

I picked Cape May because I love seafood and the Yacht & BC areas, plus you can explore Boardwalk too which is especially fun at night.

We didn't like the food at Ohana at all - dried out, tough meats, ewwww.

I don't have an opinion about WCC as we've never been. If you pick there, everyone raves about their bottomless milkshakes.

DisneyBunny15 03-24-2009 10:21 AM

I love the Wilderness Lodge, where Whispering Canyon is located... I know I'm probably the only one, but I wasn't thrilled with the Poly

terrier72 03-24-2009 10:47 AM

I voted WCC our server there was great. And the food was good also.

Happydinks 03-24-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrier72 (Post 30972757)
I voted WCC our server there was great. And the food was good also.

WCC is good food (it is very LOUD unless you sit "outside" the restaurant overlooking the lobby or go during an "off time" i.e. early dinner/late lunch) - and WL is a beautiful resort (we are biased DVC members with our home base there;)). The bottomless milkshakes ARE AWESOME! :thumbsup2

pianoronni37 03-24-2009 11:09 AM

Um...

...bottomless milkshakes?

I had no idea... this may sway my decision... :upsidedow

but is the food good? My DH is from Memphis, and they know BBQ!! He will just insult it if it isn't at least edible!

Happydinks 03-24-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pianoronni37 (Post 30973085)
Um...

...bottomless milkshakes?

I had no idea... this may sway my decision... :upsidedow

but is the food good? My DH is from Memphis, and they know BBQ!! He will just insult it if it isn't at least edible!

We like the food - last meal there DH had the meatloaf and I had ribs. Ribs were very good and he loved the meatloaf. Heck, the bottomless shakes are worth the visit!:goodvibes

Three60guy 11-03-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happydinks (Post 30972933)
WCC is good food (it is very LOUD unless you sit "outside" the restaurant overlooking the lobby or go during an "off time" i.e. early dinner/late lunch) - and WL is a beautiful resort (we are biased DVC members with our home base there;)). The bottomless milkshakes ARE AWESOME! :thumbsup2

We are biased too but enjoy all of them. (grin)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.