The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Prince Charming takes his Princesses to Disney World~Updated 6/7 with ADR's (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114238)

princesspaige 03-09-2009 06:58 PM

Prince Charming takes his Princesses to Disney World~Updated 6/7 with ADR's

Hi everyone!!

This is my first foray into a pre-trip report...heck any type of trip report for that matter! :) I hope I do this justice and don't sound like a goober :scared1:

Anyway, let me introduce the family. There is me, DW extraordinaire and Head Princess, Margaret. My favorite character is Belle and DH would say it is more of an obsession...:worship: ok, maybe it is. :lmao:

I have been married to DH, Rod :lovestruc , for almost 14 years and he is my Prince Charming. His favorite Disney character is Mulan. Which is good b/c I like her.

Our little Princess is Paige. She is 4 and is the light of our lives, sometimes she turns that light off and it gets dark, but then she turns it right back on. :rotfl2: Her favorite character is Ariel. Also a good choice as I like her also.

This will be the second family trip. We took DD for her 2nd b-day and brought my parents along for that one. This one will just be the 3 of us and I am extremely excited. :yay: :yay:

Here is how it all came to be:

At the end of January we decided to do a good behavior calendar, stickers for good days, x's for not so good days. Paige decided that after getting 12 stickers we would take her bowling. At the end of February, DH decided that if she got "lots" of stickers we would go to Disney World!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Of course all I heard was "go to Disney World" :laughing:

That same weekend I decided to check out the price of flights to Florida. We had already decided to go over Labor Day since it required the fewest days off work. Guess what??? I found 3 round trip, direct flights for less than $500 total!!! :scared1: I couldn't believe it!! So, DH says, book it. Guess who is going to Disney World???

So far, we have plane tickets. That's it, nothing more, just plane tickets. But that is okay, I have a countdown going...at work. I am trying to keep this a secret from DD so it will be a surprise, not sure if I can keep up with it though. :confused3

Since I am the planner of the house, I have already bought a book to help me remember all those things I need to do before going....like book a room. :rotfl: No, seriously, I know I need to book a room but it is nice to have something to keep me sane until we fly out. I have some ideas of where I want to stay, yep it is all about where I want to stay b/c if Momma's not happy, ain't nobody happy! :laughing: I would love to stay at POFQ but the economy may decide on All Star Sports. Either one works for me as long as I get to go. :dance3: I am trying to hold out a little longer to see what deals Disney drums up but am also checking out what kind a deal I get thru AAA. I have the best AAA TA and I know if I book thru her and Disney comes out with a better deal she will work her magic :wizard: to get that for me. I am soo lucky to have her.

That is all I have for today, I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I do. Once I figure out how to insert pics, I will add some. Sometimes technology can be so difficult. ;)

Thank you for reading...

princesspaige 03-12-2009 06:14 PM

How could I forget

There is another member of our family who never gets to go anywhere with us...his name is Apollo and he is our dog :dog: DH likes to call him Big Brother (a play on Little Brother from Mulan).

Poor Apollo has to stay home but he always has great company. We hire the neighbor kid to watch him, play with him, and on occasion, sleep at the house with him. I think he prefers that to going anywhere with us. Probably because his only car trips involve either the vet or the groomer...both of which he hates!! :headache:

Good news today, I made our reservations for the big trip. We are planning on staying at POFQ. :cheer2: I am really excited. DH and I stayed at POR a few years ago and really enjoyed it. After seeing some of the pics of the resort, I am even more excited.

I feel like it will be a lifetime before vacation ever gets here, but I am hoping this pre-trip report will help ease the pain of not going NOW. :thumbsup2

I still haven't figured out how to insert pics but that is my goal tonight, maybe tomorrow, well honestly anytime before we leave. :rotfl2:

Until next time, happy reading....

shordiebecka 03-12-2009 06:20 PM

I'm here! Things sound great, the good behavior chart is such a fun idea :) Your vaca will be here before you know it, I promise. Can't wait to to hear more!!!

princesspaige 03-13-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shordiebecka (Post 30782389)
I'm here! Things sound great, the good behavior chart is such a fun idea :) Your vaca will be here before you know it, I promise. Can't wait to to hear more!!!

Thanks for reading. The good behavior chart is working wonders...it is amazing how much power a marker holds. :lmao:

princesspaige 03-13-2009 06:24 PM

Finally faces to go with names...

Ok, if all goes well, you will get to see what we really look like. So, grab some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show. :3dglasses popcorn::

This is the 3 of us last November on the Disney Cruise...

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...n/P1010213.jpg

Our very own Big Brother...keep in mind, no animals where harmed in the taking of this photo...even though he looks petrified. :lmao:

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...n/P1010781.jpg

Paige is all about the make-up, even when pretending to put it on someone else. Thank goodness DH is such a good sport. :cutie:

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...n/P1010786.jpg

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...n/P1010787.jpg

My TA called to say she is sending out my confirmation info and a brochure for Paige to look thru. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Now I just need to survive the next 5 1/2 months. :rotfl:

princesspaige 03-18-2009 07:32 PM

So, the planning bug has taken over. I have decided that this year I am not taking a fanny pack but a small backpack instead. I need one small enough that it won't be hot and heavy but big enough to hold a palm sized dvd camcorder, a small camera and a change of clothes for DD (in case of an accident).

After looking around, I think I have decided on the Vera Bradley backpack. I like the size of them and the high quality but balk at paying $88 for one!! :scared1: I think DH balks as well. :lmao: So, I have enlisted friends to be on the lookout for me. One is scouring ebay for me (she is the resident ebay queen and can sniff a deal a mile away :thumbsup2 ). Another has a neighbor that goes to the Vera Bradley trunk show (outlet sale) in Fort Wayne, IN every year. That isn't until the end of April/first of May so if the e-bay thing hasn't worked out for me yet, she is going to see what they have there. if the price is right then she said she would pick one up for me. :banana: I am keeping my fingers crossed and throwing out some pixie dust pixiedust: that I get that settled. I am not sure why I feel I need to accomplish this right away as I still have over 5 looong months to go but I do...crazy I know. :laughing:

My next step is to complete my "lists"...packing, buying, to do, etc...it is a good thing all this self imposed stress leads to a very happy ending...Disney World. :woohoo:

Until next time...happy reading.

mrsksomeday 03-18-2009 08:07 PM

:thumbsup2 Great PTR!! Love the pictures, you looks so happy, DH is a great sport. I get that same look from our dog too :lmao:. POFQ is the first Disney resort I stayed at for my first Disney trip in Feb. 2006. I have been to WDW 5 times since then, do you think I am hooked :rotfl:. I can't wait to hear all about your planning.

shordiebecka 03-18-2009 08:26 PM

Aw you all look so happy. DD will be very excited to have some Disney stuff to look through!!!!! PS- love Vera Bradley to pieces....I wish it wasn't so expensive!!! Before you know it your trip will be here. I know 5 months is so hard to wait!

princesspaige 03-20-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsksomeday (Post 30892331)
:thumbsup2 Great PTR!! Love the pictures, you looks so happy, DH is a great sport. I get that same look from our dog too :lmao:. POFQ is the first Disney resort I stayed at for my first Disney trip in Feb. 2006. I have been to WDW 5 times since then, do you think I am hooked :rotfl:. I can't wait to hear all about your planning.

DH and I stayed at POR back in 2002 when it was just the 2 of us going and we loved it. I am really excited about staying at POFQ...I am hoping DD will go down the slide at the pool since "King Triton" is on it. ;)

princesspaige 03-20-2009 07:14 PM

Breaking bad news...

I told Rod that I wanted this trip to be a surprise for Paige and he is willing to go along. To do this, I had to break the "bad" news to Paige that we probably won't be able to make it to Disney this year. :sad1: Her only response was "but we still get to go bowling, right?" :rotfl2: That is of course, in reference to her behavior calendar.

This just may be easier than I thought. She thinks we are not going, I just need to not talk about it and we are good to go. :thumbsup2 Wait a minute, I can't just not talk about it...:rolleyes:

It is a good thing I started this PTR, I get to talk about my trip all I want and Paige will hopefully have no clue. :goodvibes Note to self...remind other family members to NOT ask Paige about Disney!!! That could be bad... :scared1:

I have decided to take a Tai Chi class at the YMCA (we are members). Rod thinks it is pretty funny but it should help keep me focused on the prize. ;) What I really should be doing is running...I signed up late last year to run in this years Indy 500 Festival Mini Marathon. :scared1: It will be my first one ever and unfortunately it will be more of a walk than anything....but hey, I just want to finish. :rolleyes1 Maybe next year I will run it...then again this may be my first and last mini marathon. :lmao:

That is all I have for tonight. Thank you for being on this journey with me and happy reading.

princesspaige 03-24-2009 06:37 PM

and the planning continues...

Does it ever end??? :) I think I am usually planning all the way up to the point in which we check into the hotel...then there are times I am still planning for those just-in-case-something-goes-wrong moments...ugh! :laughing:

My friend did find a Vera Bradley small backpack on e-bay and we (I) won. I am hoping it comes this week and it turns out to be what was discribed. If it is, then that is one thing I can check off my list. :banana:

I also saw on the codes/discounts page that it looks like Disney may actually have free dining when we go...:woohoo::yay::banana::cheer2: Now I am hoping that that is true and we can add it to our ressie...could the sun really be shining down?? Maybe I should throw some pixie dust out there, maybe it will help... pixiedust:

Until next time, happy reading.

princesspaige 03-26-2009 06:53 PM

Woo Hoo!!!

Today was a fantastic day!!! Disney announced free dining for this fall and as a Disney Visa cardholder I got to request it today. My TA was able to add it to our ressie! :jumping1: For those of you who do not have a Disney Visa, word on the street is that it will open up to the general public on Monday...:goodvibes

Could the week be any better? So far this week I have:

watched the movie Twilight 3 tiems!! Gotta love Edward...:love:;

received my Vera Bradley backpack (the one I won on e-bay) in the mail. It was perfect. :woohoo:;

and bought the first Twilight book to re-read...I borrowed it the first time around from a friend at work now I have my own copy to read as often as I want. :banana:

I think this week will be hard to top...well, a week at Disney tops just about anything in my book. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That is all I have for tonight, happy reading...

princesspaige 03-31-2009 08:15 PM

ADR's

Ok, I know it is way to early to make ADR's but Rod and I have already started throwing around places we would like to eat. Since I was able to score us free dining party: we are taking a closer look at meals.

So far the following have made our wish list:

Le Cellier - Rod and Paige both love :love: steak...I on the other hand prefer chicken :lmao:...but I am taking one for the team here. Maybe I will order a steak, for Paige to eat, and hopefully order chicken fingers for Paige, I mean me. :rotfl2:

Aukerhaus - Character dinner - All I needed to hear was that the Princesses are here. Good enough for me, plus it only uses 1 TS vs the 2 that Cindy's takes. :thumbsup2

Hoop-Dee-Do - We have done this one in the past (2 times) and really enjoy it. Rod wants to do it again, even if we end up paying for it vs using the plan. ;)

I think we are good with just the one character meal, unless Disney decides to bring the Phineas and Ferb group out...then we would definitely do whatever it took to go to that one. :rotfl2: We are obviously fans. :happytv:

My goal is to have the rest of it planned out by the end of May (I know that is 2 months away but it will take all of the 2 months) so when it comes time to call Disney, I have it all mapped out...it just needs to work the way I want it. :laughing:

That is all for tonight...happy reading!

princesspaige 04-03-2009 07:13 PM

I'm standing on the ledge....

and Rod talked me off. I was thinking about switching our ressie from POFQ to ASSp to save some money but Rod kept his cool and said he is good with what we had and saw no reason to change!! Yeah!!! I really do love :love: that man...

So tomorrow is going to be a big day for Paige. We are skipping swim lessons (her first one this year she will miss) to go Easter Egg hunting at our Church. :woohoo: Paige is very excited as her cousin is spending the night with us tonight so he can go with us tomorrow. Not only will her cousin be there but a couple of boys (they happen to be brothers) will be there as well. :dance3: It should be great. Hopefully the weather will be clear so they can be outside...otherwise it might be in the gym...we'll see.

Hopefully I will take some good pics to share with you. Paige loves the camera so it shouldn't be to hard. :lmao:

That is all I have for tonight. Until next time...happy reading.

princesspaige 04-05-2009 12:51 PM

Paige had a great day yesterday. The weather was perfect for hunting eggs. It started at 9:00 in the morning so they had donughts and juice for those who wanted it. Plus the Easter bunny was there handing out candy. Once Paige realized that you got candy if you went to see him, she kept trying to go back for more. I got a pretty smart girl here. :thumbsup2

The instructions to the kids when it was time to get the eggs was "take 9 or 10 eggs so there are enough for everyone". I was good with that and would count Paige's eggs as she picked them up. Apparently she sneaked in a couple of extra ones as she had 12 eggs not 10 when we got home!! :lmao: Because of how they had the age groups divided, I was not able to keep on eye on her cousin to track his eggs...he ended up with 11 (after I gave 2 of them to one of Paige's friends)...oy!! :confused3

Once I get the pics uploaded, I will post them. I may not have time until tomorrow as I have a busy day ahead of me...I got the lawn about 3/4 of the way mowed before the rain came down...ugh! :headache: I guess I should be glad to get what I got done. ;) I still need to do my weekly grocery shopping (that I should have done yesterday), finish the laundry :laundy:, and fix dinner tonight :stir:...then hopefully I will have some time to just sit down and chill out in front of the tv. :happytv:

Only 5 months to go and I am ready for it to be here already!! :cool1: