The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   ~~We're off to Neverland...Take 3~~ (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2084442)

MommyWithDreams 02-08-2009 11:07 AM

~~We're off to Neverland...Take 3~~

So I just can't take it anymore...I must begin my "pre trip report". We leave in exactly ...:::::::drumroll please:::::::::::

Trip Dates 3/1-3/7

This is our third trip in the past three years. The difference this year...it's JUST the 3 of us. Well us and thousands of others and a few dozen Dis Diva's!

The Cast:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...h_IMG_6930.jpg
Me, The mommywithdreams aka as Janelle. I LOVED Disneyland as a kid...but three years ago when I took my then 3 year old son to Disneyland for the first time I had a whole new appreciation for Disneyland. It was a trip I never knew we'd get...and here we are doing it again for the third time.

Chris, my DBF over 2 1/2 years. He loves Disneyland as much as I do. BUT did dissapoint me when he said "Maybe we should do something different this year". WAS HE CRAZY? He lost that one obviously ..but he sends me random text messages during the day talking about pirates and mickey ice cream bars. He must be excited too

Ayden, my 5 year old son and my best friend. He LOVES Minnie Mouse, Buzz and anything Cars related. Before our first trip all he talked about was "hugging Minnie"...He was pretty apprehensive of the characters the first year. I had to be in every picture. Last year...hew as Mr. Independant and LOVED all of them. He was more adventurous with his rides last year too...and is hoping to do Indiana Jones this year too. :)

So this is the first year we're not having to arrive at the airport before the sun comes up which will be nice. Our flight leaves Sacramento around 10am. We are staying at the Park Vue Inn since the DIS girls took over HOJO's. :rotfl: That's ok...as much as I LOVE HOJO's. I'm kinda excited to try something new and be soooooooo close to the parks. We're planning on going to DL on Sunday and catching the Pixar Parade on Sunday also at CA. Last year we missed the opening of Pixar Parade by 2 weeks. Ayden will be so excited to see McQueen and Mater. He's never seen them before at DL.

We're keeping a pretty open schedule this year. Not doing a character breakfast, nor are we eating at the Blue Bayou. I'm hoping to try some new things this year. Although....I might not be able to resist the Flying Dutchman...it was so yummy last year. The one PS ressie we have is for Carnation Cafe on Friday at 3ish.....we'll probably be finishing up when the Dis Diva's come take over the restaurant so I'm excited to say hello and meet some of them.

Until next time....

MommyWithDreams 02-09-2009 03:04 PM

Where oh where should we get our tickets through? I like that Disney has the whole E-ticket feature. Last year we went through Getaway today so we had the extra Magic Morning ....but if I remember right they charged us an additional $20 for a service fee. Anyone use the E-Ticket feature through Disneyland.com?

maryr1oz 02-09-2009 08:55 PM

Hi!

We used the e-ticket option from disneyland.com in 2007.
We're from Australia so that was the easiest way for us to pre-purchase tickets.
We got a barcoded print out that we took straight to the entry gates, and once they swiped the barcode they exchaged them for proper tickets.
No waiting in the ticket booth queue and it was so easy! :banana:

Can't wait to hear more - have fun!!

MommyWithDreams 02-10-2009 11:15 AM

Thanks Maryr. I think that's what we'll be doing.

So we're in the teens!!! 19 days left and we're off to Disneyland! Last night we made PS reservations for WCT. It will be our first time eating there and I'm pretty excited.

I have my stash of LGMH's and I'm just not sure what to do with them yet. I'm a little nervous to meet the other DIS'ers....but I have no idea why.

Ayden is so excited for our trip. I'm really anxious to see if he goes through on his desire to ride Indiana Jones. I think he's just barely going to make the height requirement. I think if we get through the queue quick he just might be ok. The longer he stands around looking at skulls and such the more apt he is to change his mind. But then again...my son is the one you'll see standing in line for the matterhorn or thunder mountain...whining that he doesn't want to go. I'm the mom that looks like the mean mom making him go because I want to go. The truth of it is...he's been on both of them sooo many times I've lost count and loves it every time and doesn't want to get off the ride when it's over. ha ha

MommyWithDreams 02-10-2009 11:20 AM

Oh and one more thing....we started our countdown a few days ago. Ayden put up all the bubbles on the wall and each night he adds a mickey head!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0208091838.jpg

mommaU4 02-10-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams (Post 30170623)
We are staying at the Park Vue Inn since the DIS girls took over HOJO's. :rotfl:

The one PS ressie we have is for Carnation Cafe on Friday at 3ish.....we'll probably be finishing up when the Dis Diva's come take over the restaurant so I'm excited to say hello and meet some of them.

Until next time....

:rotfl2:
We can't wait to meet you too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams (Post 30209876)

I have my stash of LGMH's and I'm just not sure what to do with them yet. I'm a little nervous to meet the other DIS'ers....but I have no idea why.

Aww, don't be nervous! It's fun. And no matter what, just remember all DISers have one thing in common.......we love Disney! :thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams (Post 30210029)
Oh and one more thing....we started our countdown a few days ago. Ayden put up all the bubbles on the wall and each night he adds a mickey head!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0208091838.jpg

How cute! What a fun idea. :)

ariel1025 02-10-2009 06:08 PM

Awww, your son is SO cute!! I can't wait to read all about your trip!!

MommyLove 02-10-2009 06:15 PM

That countdown idea is super cute! (and so is your son)

Too bad about HoJo's, but you'll love being sooooooooooo close to the entrance.

So nice that you can make your way to the airport at a decent time. That always makes a big difference for me. I'll wave bye bye to you as you fly overhead on your way to the happiest place on earth. :yay:

MommyWithDreams 02-10-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariel1025 (Post 30218329)
Awww, your son is SO cute!! I can't wait to read all about your trip!!

Aw thanks Ariel! I have to say I love your reason for your trips...the "because I love you" ...I might have to steal that idea. So cute!!!

MommyWithDreams 02-10-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyLove (Post 30218414)
That countdown idea is super cute! (and so is your son)

Too bad about HoJo's, but you'll love being sooooooooooo close to the entrance.

So nice that you can make your way to the airport at a decent time. That always makes a big difference for me. I'll wave bye bye to you as you fly overhead on your way to the happiest place on earth. :yay:

Kathleen if you jump REALLY high maybe you could come with us :rotfl:
I think you're right about being so close...HOJO's wasn't bad at all....but knowing we'll be just that much closer makes it that much more exciting :banana:

MommyWithDreams 02-10-2009 07:45 PM

Sooooooo now I'm even more excited!!!! I just bought a new Sony Camcorder for our upcoming trip. Ok so it's not JUST for the trip..but what great timing eh? :cool1: I had been researching them a lot lately....I was afraid of spending the cash but honestly I will certainly get my moneys worth. I am a picture taking nutcase! As you will see when we get back from Disneyland.
I wish I could figure out how to post the links to my past two trip reports....anyone know how?

ariel1025 02-10-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams (Post 30220121)
Sooooooo now I'm even more excited!!!! I just bought a new Sony Camcorder for our upcoming trip. Ok so it's not JUST for the trip..but what great timing eh? :cool1: I had been researching them a lot lately....I was afraid of spending the cash but honestly I will certainly get my moneys worth. I am a picture taking nutcase! As you will see when we get back from Disneyland.
I wish I could figure out how to post the links to my past two trip reports....anyone know how?

Oh that's awesome about the camcorder!! I loved having ours for our honeymoon trip (of course I never got to touch it because the Hubby stole it the whole time :rotfl: ). I'm sure you will have so much fun watching all the videos later on though.

Ok, I'm not sure if there is a better way but the way I added the links to my TRs was to go to my TR and then I copied the web address and then pasted it into my siggy. I am relatively new on the boards so I'm sure somebody else will tell you a more correct (or at least) easier way to do it. Hope that helps. I would love to read your previous TRs especially if you have tons of pics...I love me some pictures!!!

MommyWithDreams 02-11-2009 03:59 PM

So I think my problem is that my signature is getting too long. It keeps cutting off my links to my past reports.

So anyway..here's the link to
2008 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1676285
and 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1381559

I never actually finished 2008...but I got really close. Still LOTS of pics on both :)

MommyWithDreams 02-13-2009 08:55 PM

So my nerves are all on edge now. Another plane crash last night killing everyone on board. I am not a big fan of flying but I'm even a worse fan of driving. :scared1: We fly to DL every time we go....I couldn't imagine spending an entire day in the car when I could have been at the park in less than 2 hours. Anyway....just get me there ok and get me home safely.

MommyWithDreams 02-17-2009 02:21 PM

So I'm so beyond excited. We booked HOJO's for a December trip as well. Our first time to DL during the Holidays! :banana: :banana: