The DIS Discussion Forums -

The DIS Discussion Forums - (
-   Community Board (
-   -   Needed, college assistance (

Singleminnie 01-28-2009 03:31 PM

Needed, college assistance
Looking to return to school to get my Master's in Human Resources or something similar to that, what I need now is some financial assistance. Does anyone have any suggestions where to look, I will soon be a single mom if that makes any difference. I have looked on the internet, but I just get responses from colleges via the internet.

I would appreciate any assistance anyone can provide. BTW I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology from the University of Missouri Columbia in Dec. 1992.

becjlek 01-28-2009 03:35 PM

Is there an ABWA, American Women's Business Association in your community? They give scholarships in our town.

freckles and boo 01-28-2009 03:38 PM

As a graduate student you may qualify for a graduate assistantship. When I was a grad assistant I worked off my tuition and received a monthly stipend as well. You also will qualify for larger student loan amounts than an undergrad. I would suggest that you call the financial aid offices of the schools you are looking into and ask to speak directly to a financial aid advisor.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.