The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What is the current purchase with purchase item? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2018873)

mousy_in_canada 11-25-2008 08:06 AM

What is the current purchase with purchase item?
 
Last time I was there if you spent $50 you can get an item for a reduced price.. what are they offering right now??
Thanks in advance.
Mousy..


10 more days yea! :cool1:

thumperbelle3 11-25-2008 08:21 AM

I believe when we were there in September you could get a small duffle bag.

bjscheel 11-25-2008 08:42 AM

Last week it varied by location. At our resort you got a canvas tote bag with Christmas-sy striped straps. At MK they had a soft throw blanket with the castle. At HS we saw a woven Mickey & Minnie throw. I think the blankets were $15 with $40 purchase.

mousy_in_canada 11-25-2008 08:43 AM

OH I would love those blankets, that would make great presents and one or two for home!

jaysmom4285 11-25-2008 09:02 AM

There are some different things, as bjscheel noted. Only MK has the fleece with the castle lights. Other resorts have a woven Mickey/Minnie Christmas themed throw. At some of the stores that specialize in pins, there's a special pin you can get if you buy so many (I'm not into pins, so I admit I didn't pay much attention). And at the MK store on Main Street that sells Disney art (I forget the name), they were offering a set of lithographs of the four parks with a minimum purchase. I didn't see the Christmas themed tote at the parks (apparently it's only at the resorts), but I did see it at the Disney store in the Orlando airport.

schmass 11-25-2008 09:21 AM

The tote is at the resorts. If you spend $30 you can get one for $10. It is really cute, plus tote bags are a weakness of mine, so I had to buy one.

mousy_in_canada 11-25-2008 10:12 AM

That is great.. do you have a pic of it to post here???
TIA

That is neat that they have different things at each park, makes it interesting that way. Last time it was huge throw with all of the parks on it. I have it hanging on my bedroom wall. I love it!

TinkerKell-ey 11-25-2008 06:44 PM

The holiday tote bag is also available at the Christmas store DTD. At World of Disney they have a nice rolling duffle-style bag with classic Disney World embroidery for $20 with $50 (I think) purchase. It's a great bag!

siestakey 11-27-2008 07:27 AM

Does anyone know if you have to spend the $40.00 in just one store, or can you gather up your receipts from MK and put those purchases toward the promo item? I buy all over the place at MK, the Christmas store, Philhamagic, the Pin Store and the Emporium, to name just a few. A cast member on the monorail told me you could do that, but I would like to make sure beforehand if she was correct.

daisyduck123 11-27-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siestakey (Post 28924942)
Does anyone know if you have to spend the $40.00 in just one store, or can you gather up your receipts from MK and put those purchases toward the promo item? I buy all over the place at MK, the Christmas store, Philhamagic, the Pin Store and the Emporium, to name just a few. A cast member on the monorail told me you could do that, but I would like to make sure beforehand if she was correct.

During our last trip, I seem to remember a sign stating that it all had to be done during that same purchase.

Aquagirl 11-30-2008 03:32 PM

Was the castle throw available at the Christmas store in the MK or is it only available at the emporium?

DisneyLily 11-30-2008 03:48 PM

I remember in 2004 I got a Tinkerbelle Christmas Watch for $10.00 with a purchase of $50.00. However, I am not quite sure what they have going on now. I think that it varies between the hotels and the parks.

kadesha 11-30-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquagirl (Post 28965214)
Was the castle throw available at the Christmas store in the MK or is it only available at the emporium?

I don't know about the Christmas store, but it's available at more stores than the Emporium. I got mine at Mickey's Star Traders in Tomorrowland last Sunday.

The throw at Epcot it gorgeous. It sounds like the one being described earlier in the thread that is available at HS. It's a little bigger than the castle throw and has Mickey and Minnie sitting by the fireplace with a snowman peeking in the window. I got 2 of those, I just couldn't resist! :)

I also got the holiday tote bag at Everything Pop.

I also got the lithographs that were described earlier in the thread. I ate at the Garden Grill and they gave me a voucher for them. I had to pick them up at the World of Disney store information desk. Lots of people had the vouchers. I'm sure they were coming from more places than the Garden Grill though. The lithographs are great! I am framing mine and hanging them in my dining room!

janjandis 11-30-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadesha (Post 28965502)
I don't know about the Christmas store, but it's available at more stores than the Emporium. I got mine at Mickey's Star Traders in Tomorrowland last Sunday.

The throw at Epcot it gorgeous. It sounds like the one being described earlier in the thread that is available at HS. It's a little bigger than the castle throw and has Mickey and Minnie sitting by the fireplace with a snowman peeking in the window. I got 2 of those, I just couldn't resist! :)

I also got the holiday tote bag at Everything Pop.

I also got the lithographs that were described earlier in the thread. I ate at the Garden Grill and they gave me a voucher for them. I had to pick them up at the World of Disney store information desk. Lots of people had the vouchers. I'm sure they were coming from more places than the Garden Grill though. The lithographs are great! I am framing mine and hanging them in my dining room!

You mean they were FREE if you ate at Garden Grill? Were there any conditions?!

kadesha 11-30-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janjandis (Post 28965739)
You mean they were FREE if you ate at Garden Grill? Were there any conditions?!

No conditions. And lots of people had them. The top of the voucher said something like "as a thank you for dining with us....." then told about the set and where to pick it up. Absolutely free.

There may have been a window of available dates though, not really sure about that.

We ate at Akhersus, Crystal Palace, Yak and Yeti, and LTT also and didn't see anyone receiving the vouchers there. I'm not sure where else they could have been coming from.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.