The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The College Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Character Heights/CP Auditions (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1694898)

Berlioz70 01-21-2008 11:24 AM

Character Heights/CP Auditions

I know that a lot of this information is spread throughout other threads - but I thought it might be nice to keep it all in one area with auditions coming up.

I have a couple questions about face characters - it sounds like everyone is just placed as princesses - what about villains or other characters? Are they just the same people?

I'm interested in Kim Possible (but I'm too tall), the step sisters Drizella and Anastasia - I think I could easily have the huge animated face they always have - as well as Cruella de Vil. Anyone know how they select these characters?

For those that may be new - keep in mind that heights are considered a Disney secret - so alumni are limited in what they can say, but many are super nice and will PM you information!

Mrs.CptnJackSparrow 01-21-2008 12:15 PM

hey villians are still in the face character selection process.

I'm SUPER interested in being Jasmin but we'll see what happens.

Joanna71985 01-21-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz70 (Post 22699907)
I know that a lot of this information is spread throughout other threads - but I thought it might be nice to keep it all in one area with auditions coming up.

I have a couple questions about face characters - it sounds like everyone is just placed as princesses - what about villains or other characters? Are they just the same people?

I'm interested in Kim Possible (but I'm too tall), the step sisters Drizella and Anastasia - I think I could easily have the huge animated face they always have - as well as Cruella de Vil. Anyone know how they select these characters?

For those that may be new - keep in mind that heights are considered a Disney secret - so alumni are limited in what they can say, but many are super nice and will PM you information!

Villians are chosen the same way as princesses, ect. It's the same process.:)

Berlioz70 01-28-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna71985 (Post 22703820)
Villians are chosen the same way as princesses, ect. It's the same process.:)

Do you know if they cast people specifically for Drizella or Anastasia - or are they the same people who play the princesses?

I'm only curious because I don't think I look like a princess, but I could be a REALLY stellar Anastasia!!!

Joanna71985 01-28-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz70 (Post 22828385)
Do you know if they cast people specifically for Drizella or Anastasia - or are they the same people who play the princesses?

I'm only curious because I don't think I look like a princess, but I could be a REALLY stellar Anastasia!!!

I imagine it could be both. But probably more to the 2nd one. It all depends on what entertainment thinks.

Berlioz70 01-28-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna71985 (Post 22829480)
I imagine it could be both. But probably more to the 2nd one. It all depends on what entertainment thinks.

Thanks Joanna!

Joanna71985 01-28-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz70 (Post 22829980)
Thanks Joanna!

You're welcome.:)

rockstargeisha 01-29-2008 01:14 AM

A bit off topic, but I was wondering if I could add your livejournal to my friend's list Berlioz? I'd love to get more information regarding the program for when I decide to apply; especially because you are looking into a character role. Best of luck!

Berlioz70 01-29-2008 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockstargeisha (Post 22843074)
A bit off topic, but I was wondering if I could add your livejournal to my friend's list Berlioz? I'd love to get more information regarding the program for when I decide to apply; especially because you are looking into a character role. Best of luck!

Not a problem at all!

impsythealmighty 01-29-2008 01:32 PM

You guys have probably seen this stuff already, but I thought I'd share some height info I found about the characters. I can't verify any of it, just thought I'd give other clueless people (like me!) some kind of idea of the different heights they want. :) Hope it's helpful!

"I don't know about Disneyland.. but at World the ranges are sorta as follows:
less 5' Duck height
5'-5'2 Mouse Height
5'2-5'4 Chipmunk height
5'6-5'8 (or so) Pluto height
5'4-5'7 Princess Height
5'9 - 6'0 (or so) Goofy Height"

" 4'6" - 4'7": Daisy, Donald
4'8" - 4'9": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie
4'9" - 4'10": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio
4'10" - 5'0": Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Brer Rabbit, Meeko, Piglet
5'0" - 5'2": Max, White Rabbit, Pooh, Robin Hood, Timon, Bashful, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Scrooge McDuck, Terk
5'1" - 5'2": All of the characters listed above in the 5'0" to 5'2" range, plus Chip, Dale, Suzy, Perla.
5'2" - 5'4": Doc, Gideon, Happy, King Louie, Suzy, Perla, Chip, Dale, Jessie, Bullseye, Penguin
5'5": Mr. Smee, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator (not much for this height!!)
5'6" - 5'7": Friar Tuck, Mr. Smee, Pluto, Rafiki, Wendell, Buzz Lightyear, Flik, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator
5'7" - 5'8": Rafiki, Eeyore, Pluto, Prince John, Wendell, Friar Tuck, Buzz Lightyear, Flik
5'8" - 5'9": Prince John, Brer Fox, Eeyore, Shaker, Tweedles, Liverlips, Dumbo
5'9" - 5'10": Liverlips, Tweedles, Shaker, Brer Fox, Geppetto, Dumbo
5'10" - 5'11": Geppetto, Sherriff of Nottingham, Foulfellow, King Lion, Tigger
5'11" - 6'0": Foulfellow, King Lion, Sheriff of Nottingham, Tigger
6'0" - 6'2": Baloo, Big Bad Wolf, Brer Bear, Captain Hook, Genie, Goofy, Launchpad
6'2" - 6'3": Baloo, Beast, Brer Bear, Goofy, Woody, Jafar, Launchpad
6'3" - 6'4": Beast, Jafar, Launchpad"

Berlioz70 01-29-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impsythealmighty (Post 22853082)
You guys have probably seen this stuff already....

Elastigirl/Mrs. Incredible is in the 5'7 range!

rockstargeisha 01-30-2008 08:35 PM

Thanks Berlioz, added!

I had not seen the listing of height ranges before, very interesting. Seems to be a bit out of date though, where are Lilo and Stitch? :confused3 Thank you for posting.

Joanna71985 01-30-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impsythealmighty (Post 22853082)
You guys have probably seen this stuff already, but I thought I'd share some height info I found about the characters. I can't verify any of it, just thought I'd give other clueless people (like me!) some kind of idea of the different heights they want. :) Hope it's helpful!

"I don't know about Disneyland.. but at World the ranges are sorta as follows:
less 5' Duck height
5'-5'2 Mouse Height
5'2-5'4 Chipmunk height
5'6-5'8 (or so) Pluto height
5'4-5'7 Princess Height
5'9 - 6'0 (or so) Goofy Height"

" 4'6" - 4'7": Daisy, Donald
4'8" - 4'9": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie
4'9" - 4'10": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio
4'10" - 5'0": Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Brer Rabbit, Meeko, Piglet
5'0" - 5'2": Max, White Rabbit, Pooh, Robin Hood, Timon, Bashful, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Scrooge McDuck, Terk
5'1" - 5'2": All of the characters listed above in the 5'0" to 5'2" range, plus Chip, Dale, Suzy, Perla.
5'2" - 5'4": Doc, Gideon, Happy, King Louie, Suzy, Perla, Chip, Dale, Jessie, Bullseye, Penguin
5'5": Mr. Smee, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator (not much for this height!!)
5'6" - 5'7": Friar Tuck, Mr. Smee, Pluto, Rafiki, Wendell, Buzz Lightyear, Flik, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator
5'7" - 5'8": Rafiki, Eeyore, Pluto, Prince John, Wendell, Friar Tuck, Buzz Lightyear, Flik
5'8" - 5'9": Prince John, Brer Fox, Eeyore, Shaker, Tweedles, Liverlips, Dumbo
5'9" - 5'10": Liverlips, Tweedles, Shaker, Brer Fox, Geppetto, Dumbo
5'10" - 5'11": Geppetto, Sherriff of Nottingham, Foulfellow, King Lion, Tigger
5'11" - 6'0": Foulfellow, King Lion, Sheriff of Nottingham, Tigger
6'0" - 6'2": Baloo, Big Bad Wolf, Brer Bear, Captain Hook, Genie, Goofy, Launchpad
6'2" - 6'3": Baloo, Beast, Brer Bear, Goofy, Woody, Jafar, Launchpad
6'3" - 6'4": Beast, Jafar, Launchpad"

Just want to let you know that the mice end at 5'0. And Goofy is taller then 6'0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockstargeisha (Post 22886780)
Thanks Berlioz, added!

I had not seen the listing of height ranges before, very interesting. Seems to be a bit out of date though, where are Lilo and Stitch? :confused3 Thank you for posting.

Lilo and Stitch are "friends" with Mickey.

newell24 02-01-2008 11:33 AM

I'm new to these boards, but I have always wanted to try out to be a Disney character, but being a female and almost 6'1, do I stand a chance?

Sehsun 02-01-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newell24 (Post 22920219)
I'm new to these boards, but I have always wanted to try out to be a Disney character, but being a female and almost 6'1, do I stand a chance?

:welcome: to the DISboards!!

Yes! Disney needs people in your height range. According to the CP website, special consideration is given to individuals from 4'8" to 5 feet and from 6 feet to 6'3".